What new ride or Attraction would you like to see...

Lynx04

I am all for a new dark ride, as long as it employs new ride tech. No jeep tech, no omini, something new exciting.

LilDucky

Edeyore said:
The Greek Mythology ride sounds great. You could tie in "Hercules". What is it with some many people looking for a "dark ride"? A good many posts want a
dark ride in Fantasyland, a dark ride in MGM, a dark ride in Epcot. Please explain the fascination or need for a "dark ride".

I agree with many people about wanting thrill rides or a roller coaster type thing somewhere in WDW, that would be sweet, but unfortunately, the bigger the thrill, the bigger the buck :animwink: . Were getting EE ($$$) and all sorts of neat stuff, so I'm thinking a dark ride is a "budget minded" option. If done effectively, we could get a ride that pleases MOST people (ya cant please everybody!!) and have a great experience. Plus its a great little homage, if you will, to the classic movies that people think of when they think Disney.

However, if done on the cheap.... it could be just the opposite. Im hoping for new-ish tech to make it a bit innovative. Imagine the possiblities! Just my thought though.... :D :D

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
marni1971 said:
You don`t know someone called Jay do you?

You know I was thinking the same thing. Our friend JayIce25, a.k.a. JayDarknight25 has also found his way to Utilidores.com with the same Indiana Jones question.......

Glasgow

Absolutely, without question .. please bring the Indy ride to MGM. It's the right time (replacing the stunt show maybe?), the right price (uses existing technology), and the right thing to do in my opinion!

WDWFREAK53

I am all for bringing in new attractions...I'm not really "for" cloning attractions.

Indy is probably the biggest draw (at the moment) for Disneyland. Why bring it to WDW and lure people away from California? I feel the same way about Soarin'. That and Grizzly River Run are the two top attractions that interest me about DCA...now it's down to one since Soarin' is coming to WDW.

I can see cloning attractions from the overseas parks because the majority of Disney vacations from within the US...stay within the US.

Bring Indy to WDW but make it a completely different attraction. Bring on Soarin' but make it a new movie. Do you see what I mean? You still give people the "attraction" but you don't take the draw away from the other resorts. I feel the same about cloning WDW attractions and putting them in Disneyland.

Glasgow

I see where you are coming from WDWFreak. I wonder, however, how much a WDW version of a ride that is currently in DL would actually affect their attendance. Many, many rides are in both places .. plus, since the two parks are about as far apart as they can get (in the US, that is), I would think the only people that are in question are the ones who live in the middle of the US. I live on the east coast and there is no way I'm going to Cali just to see the Indy ride there - but I would go down to Orlando for sure!

Anyway, having said that, it may be better to bring an Indy 'style' ride but update it so it is not exactly the same .. just something which incorporates adventure, darkness, suspense, and most importantly air-conditioning!

Edeyore

What new ride ....

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you to those who replied to my question.
Now I want a "dark ride" too!!!!

moink

Original Poster
This is a kinda old thread but I am still interested and want to bring it back...
So what do you think?

jaredliu

blackride said:
I would like to see a "dark ride" in Fantasy Land devoted to Mickey Mouse. The beginning should start off in black and white and follow Mickey through his life.

Me too. I would like to see something in Fantasy land to build a E-Ticket Dark ride of either Mickey and the charcter, or Fairy Tale Journey including all the fairy tale characters. The best place for me is Cinderalla Castle. Or Maybe another new Wild Ride of Anminal Kingdom called "Circle of Life with Simba."

GymLeaderPhil

Magic Kindgom:
-The eighties are over: Space Mountain needs an update. Gut the Arcade, use the rest of Space Mountain and make a truly awesome ride. Doesn't have to inverse, just needs to be immersive.

-Make some good use out of the Diamond Horseshoe and Galaxy Palace Theater.

-Timekeeper. We know WDW managment feels it needs to go... maybe a semi-RoboCoaster. Just not bumpercars.

-Beauty and the Beast/Little Mermaid Dark Ride in Fantasyland.

Epcot:
-Wonders of Life and The Living Seas need help.

-Post Show for Spaceship Earth, as well as update for the finale.

-Innoventions without blatent corporate advertising

-World Showcase needs an E Ticket and dark rides (flume in Canada)

MGM:
-This park is so random and directly based on popular media icons that I can't think of a thing to add to it. But it needs some help, that's for sure, in some of the existing attractions.

Animal Kingdom:
-A Lion King dark ride. Think Pirates of the Caribbean, with Toyko Disneyland's Pooh Cars.

-Fantasy Animals land

bigbadwolf

A few ideas-

1.Mickey Mouse ride-Goofy has one? Why not Mickey?
2.Toontown-Just like Disneyland with Roger Rabbit
3.A Ducktails runaway mine cart ride.-(Had the idea when I was 5 years old.)
4.An out side roller coaster that FLIPS.
5.A ride of just of VILLIANS, every single one.
6.Alice in Wonderland ride-Better then Disneylands
7.Sleepyhollow ride
8.Some kind of holiday park.

I just have so many ideas... I think the villians can be used to a great amount. They are very popular, especially by teenagers like me. Wouldn't it be great to have a Resort with a villian home themes. From the wicked queens castle to the queen of hearts etc. or even jafar. This idea I have can really be something big, just only if I could get it to someone who has power to say something. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom