What move by disney is irredeemable or will be irredeemable if it ever happens?

spacemtnfanatic

For me, it is the current state of the parks combined with the current pricing structure. I haven’t stepped foot in a WDW park since May 2016 after 19 years of regular visits. Fastpass+ was the catalyst for me. I refuse to preplan my days months in advance and wander around parks with insane wait times for tired, outdated attractions that aren’t being maintained as well as they once were.

eliza61nyc

For me, it is the current state of the parks combined with the current pricing structure. I haven’t stepped foot in a WDW park since May 2016 after 19 years of regular visits. Fastpass+ was the catalyst for me. I refuse to preplan my days months in advance and wander around parks with insane wait times for tired, outdated attractions that aren’t being maintained as well as they once were.

LOL, tell us how you REALLY feel.

eliza61nyc

Not sure, I don't think in terms of "cataclysmic" events in terms of my vacations. lol. LIke I said, for my family and I when we start thinking of where to go on vacation our thought process is really easy.
1) Will we have a great time once we get there.
2) Is it in our budget and worth the money we spend? Can we travel the way we like to without a lot of hassle?

Once we narrow down a few places, we go through the pros and cons.

Now I do think perspective plays into ones feelings a lot. because I live on the HIgh northeast US in a major city, I don't know all these places where you folks are going where vacations are cheap. I really don't. I took 4 people to see Aladdin on Broadway earlier this month. ~$1,000 dollars. and no we did not get Orchestra seats. Went to the Jersey shore last year for a week. Rental for the week? 3,000 bucks. by the time food and beach tags were thrown in, easy 4500.00 and that's being able to drive to Ocean City,

So I'm an outlier because ALL Vacations are expensive, Disney is not crazy expensive to me. especially since I purchased a dvc over 17 years ago and it's long since paid for itself.

So we'll keep evaluating Disney on a case by case bases. No one thing is the tipping point. I am lucky in that I can go any time of the year so I can plan around crowds as much as the next guy.

We will be skipping next year, I think the opening of Star wars land is going to be insane.

LUVofDIS

For me, it depends, right now and for the last few years I have loved Disney, that doesn't mean I love everything about the parks and resorts, just enough to crave going still. That could change and I can't believe it would be one thing that would change that for me. As an example this year we are going to Disney twice and will also be going to Munising Michigan and Jamaica. Next year we may decide no Disney and only water vacations. It all depends.

For irredeemable, it could be a million different things. Finding out Disney has been using child slavery, or sending money to support terrorism (unless you count Iger's bonuses as terrorism) and things like that. If they change an attraction I love, no, they have already done that a multiple of times. Hopefully they add an attraction that makes up for it.

I could also just grow tried of Disney, I don't see that happening, but it could.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Closing The Great Movie Ride :mad::mad: #foreverbitter
Closing Maelstrom
#canijointheforeverbitterclub
1768236_1.jpg

eliza61nyc

You mean like character dining?
Lol, I always think of character dining as a bit different, more like a dinner theater. Maybe because you still can meet the characters for free.
Now I admit, I'll pay a lot for convenience. I'll pay 8.00 bucks for a gallon of milk at the minimart just to avoid the supermarket. Lol and when my kids had to sell candy for little league, I just wrote the check and told them to keep the candy. 😀
So I use to do Character meals just to avoid meet and greets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom