What merchandise does WDW need

MamaMunk

I'd like to see plush other than the basic '5'. It seemed to me that the last couple of times I went to WDW, all that seemed to be sold were the Mickey, Goofy, etc. In all the parks. My favorite souveniers from trips are my plushes. All the way back to a 1981 Marie which I had proudly picked out as a 3 year old. I even remember there being Hyacinth Hippos for sale years back but now its seems like nothing new or unusual that can't be bought from a disney store.

Once upon a toy at Downtown usually has a wider variety of plush than most other stores. Try there next time!

I would like to see anything with Wendy on it! She's the costar of the movie and you can't even find a pin with her on it. But walls and walls of Tink everywhere!

SewIn2Disney

I second (or is it third?) the notion for more 80's or retro stuff. I loved the Disneyland retro stuff they had for the HCOE. I would like to see more attraction specific items, rather than the general stuff in every gift shop. I.E. Soarin' just barely has a few tee's and a keychain, but they could do so much more. I think It's a Small World could do so much in merch too.

I would also love to see more Potato Head stuff. I loved the things you could buy seperately, the dumbo ride car and poncho. How about ride cars for all the attractions, or maybe a monorail for Mr. P Head to sit in?

I also second clothing for the people in their 20's. They have teeny-bopper stuff, and adult clothing, but more fitted tee's, maybe some purses, etc. I would like to see something with a subtle disney theme to it, possibly a black on black allover mickey print purse, or shoes with a cute MM clasp on them, etc.

I could go on for hours:
-more housewears
-better car accessories (air fresheners! bumper stickers (not magnetic), etc)
-more watches. I want a womans silver mickey mouse watch with a rotating bezel. I've been looking for years.
-More epcot specific merch.
-Less "made in china" stuff in EVERY country of W:S

I think that's it for now! Now who's going to take all of our ideas and go to disney with them?

davewasbaloo

They need to make their clothing in larger sizes. Very rarely can I find clothes in sizes larger than XXL and unfortunately for me I passed XXL years ago. Disney needs its own big and tall store, if they can make beast costumes, i'm sure they can make tshirts in 4X or 5X sizes or larger. When I was a CP I could get uniforms in larger sizes but as a guest they are very hard to find.

Agreed, but I managed to buy 4 XXXL shirts and 1 XXXXL shirt this last trip. They do have them, but in small quanities, and som of the larger locals apparently scour the shops for them.

davewasbaloo

I'd just like Disney to do like they used to do and sell Frontierland merchandise in Frontierland and Adventureland stuff in Adventureland and Futuristic stuff in Tomorrowland.

I'm sick of seeing Mickey Mouse Toasters in the gift shops in Frontierland.

It's ruining the theming.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :cry:

I so here you - hated shopping at WDW the other week. Even the American Adventure store was half full with stuff you can buy at the Emporium or WOD. Bring back special shopping experiences. It used to be part of the fun.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Park-specific merchandise, area-specific merchandise. I'm tired of going into every shop and seeing exactly the same merchandise. I'd like some 'classic' stuff, simpler designs, etc. Those are personal preference - I haven't found much in the past 3-4 years that has really gotten me excited enough to buy it.

Less Stitch. ;)

Leighbert

I'd love to see merchandise that focused on the Beast--without Belle.

Also, we used to get very high quality denim shirts that had more some of the "less popular" characters embroidered on them. I still have shirts with the whole crew of The Lion King, Lady and the Tramp, and Sleeping Beauty on them. My mom has one of the shirts embroidered with Lucifer, Jacques, and Gus-Gus (the cat and mice from Cinderella). We get stopped by strangers asking where we got them every time we wear them.

Nemo14

Park-specific merchandise, area-specific merchandise. I'm tired of going into every shop and seeing exactly the same merchandise. I'd like some 'classic' stuff, simpler designs, etc. Those are personal preference - I haven't found much in the past 3-4 years that has really gotten me excited enough to buy it.

Less Stitch. ;)
Amen!

RiversideBunny

Original Poster
Maybe someone from Disney Merchandising will read our requests and take note of what the guests (customers with money) want.
It might take a while for the buyers to get things in the pipe line, but it could happen in 2007.
Merry Christmas to all.
:xmas:

shoppingnut

Definitely go back to themed merchandise in the various lands like they used to. I'm sick of seeing the same merchandise in every store. And stop selling the merchandise that is sold at Walmart for much less money, that one really bugs me.

Princess merchandise for adults and t-shirts cut for a woman, not the teens or men. I'm sick of seeing men's styled shirts for women, I personally won't buy them anymore. Some of the Princess merchandise should be made for adults, like the make your own princess crown. The crown part is a bit too small for adults. I'd buy one.

I would like a nice MM purse that is a medium size, it seems they have only itty bitty ones or huge tote bags, but nothing in between with a shoulder strap. A nice ladies leather wallet that doesn't look like you bought it in Walmart.

I know that when you are looking for merchandise in 3X and above, it is best to ask a CM what items come in that size, because there are things that do and most times you have to ask for them and they bring them out from the stock room.

cindy'smom

Just got back from a 12/13-18 trip and I couldn't believe they weren't selling any Christmas postcards! I checked parks, resorts & DTD. Kind of a small item, but one you would think would be easy to supply!

cpt.jacksluv

I think that they need more stuff for school! I mean sure they have pens but maybe a few backpacks. I would also love to see more hoodies:) I like ot be snuggly!

Tiggerfanatic

I would like to see t-shirts with Chip 'n' Dale on them in addition to some of the rarer charcter that you hardly see on a t-shirt. I'm talking more like the traditional WDW shirts with a character on it.

I agree - I can buy Mickey T-shirts at Walmart - I go to WDW to find the special character merchandise that you can't get just anywhere. I was very disappointed with the shopping on our trip last month, too. Could only find the same 4 sweatshirts, the same Princess and Pirate ears everywhere, coldn't even find park specific Christmas ornaments with the year on them.

DisneyLindz

I would love to see a shop (or large section of a shop) with wedding items. I know that there are the mickey and minnie cake toppers and cinderella/prince charming picture frames at various places, but I'd love to see more than that!

I am getting married in September (not in Disney :cry: ), but I want to incorporate my love for Disney into our ceremony and reception in subtle and tasteful ways. For instance, tiaras would be a huge hit! Even little things like favors, music arrangements for pre ceremony music, little diamond mickey hair pin to have a "hidden mickey" in my hair, or items such as that. I'm surprised that they haven't sold more wedding supplies/items at stores.

I would LOVE if they had a wedding store!!!!

StitchFan21

I would love to see a shop (or large section of a shop) with wedding items. I know that there are the mickey and minnie cake toppers and cinderella/prince charming picture frames at various places, but I'd love to see more than that!

I am getting married in September (not in Disney :cry: ), but I want to incorporate my love for Disney into our ceremony and reception in subtle and tasteful ways. For instance, tiaras would be a huge hit! Even little things like favors, music arrangements for pre ceremony music, little diamond mickey hair pin to have a "hidden mickey" in my hair, or items such as that. I'm surprised that they haven't sold more wedding supplies/items at stores.

They do not have this stuff but it is out there! I had a wedding at WDW in June and they use a company for all of this stuff. I will look up the name and website, if I still have it. I didn't use them we made all our own stuff! Our invitations had hidden mickeys, so did our programs!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

I believe there is a wedding specialty shop at the Grand Floridian.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom