What merchandise does WDW need

elle72688

-New Postcards that are park specific (MK Fireworks one is from FITS)
-Character cookie cutters (only on e I have seen is the generic Mickey Ears one)
-Department 56 houses...kinda like the park series they had (Fab 5 houses for example (I love the current ones they have for the North Pole Series).
-Dog toys for larger dogs like labs (also cute dog blankets as well made for larger dogs).
-Nice Checkbook covers
-Bring back that Make your own CD kiosk from a few years back
-Hallowishes/Mickey's Boo To You Parade CD
-What happened to those individually wrapped Selma's Cookies (or are these the Minnie's Bake Shop ones now?)
-Cosmetic Bags
-More Character Plush than just fab 5 (Chip and Dale, Dumbo, etc (not the beanie bag variety!))
-Black Dress Socks with subtle Mickey's on them

every time i go i want a hoodie sweatshirt and all they ever seem to have are zip ups or not hooded. I asked a CM and she told me that it was because they werent in season. Season? Most people come to Disney once every year/couple of year, i dont care that i'm buying a hoodie in august!

also someone said more wendy merch. I agree...I think just more Peter Pan things, minus tink. Personally, i think tink is waaaaay overrated. she doesnt even talk, and the guy who the movie is named after has nothing sold but some little boys costumes.

Tinkrbell

every time i go i want a hoodie sweatshirt and all they ever seem to have are zip ups or not hooded. I asked a CM and she told me that it was because they werent in season. Season? Most people come to Disney once every year/couple of year, i dont care that i'm buying a hoodie in august!
When I was there in October, I looked all over in the Emporium & spent close to 2 hours in World of Disney looking for a hoodie before I found one that I liked. Most of the sweatshirts I saw were zip up ones. The had hoodies at Pop Century, but I wanted a WDW one.

KnightRonin

I would love to see more merchandise related to Uncle Scrooge. Heck, a nice plush, statue, or a print or two. I'm not picky -- just ANYTHING for guests who love the old miser.

I'm sure my 12-year old would want me to mention Kingdom Hearts stuff. Seriously, you'd think Disney was ashamed of the game for the lack of merchandise they carry. It's only one of the best-selling games in the world.

Rosenrot

-More Character Plush than just fab 5 (Chip and Dale, Dumbo, etc (not the beanie bag variety!))

I completely agree. I wandered around all the parks looking for certain characters that I figured, if I can find them anywhere, it would certainly be in the park.

I found ONE Chesire (sp?) Cat for one of my friends, and it was in a store in the Animal Kingdom full of plastic dinosaurs. I'm lucky I even went in...you'd think they would have more.

But I would have done anything to perhaps find one of the kittens OTHER than Marie from the Aristocats. I ended up just giving in and buying a Marie on our next to last day, just because I wanted something from one of my favorite movies.

I think that they should make a few more of the unique characters. People will buy them...you can buy the ones that they sell at home in your local Disney store. I wanted something different.

DisneyLindz

They do not have this stuff but it is out there! I had a wedding at WDW in June and they use a company for all of this stuff. I will look up the name and website, if I still have it. I didn't use them we made all our own stuff! Our invitations had hidden mickeys, so did our programs!

That would be wonderful, thank you so much! :sohappy:

culturenthrills

1. More park specific merchandise-which I noticed when I was at MK the other night they actually hand some MK specific merchandise, however they really need more and better Epcot stuff and hopefully we will get some new Studio merchandise after the name change cause there is nothing right now and I have not really noticed a lack of DAK stuff.

2. More land/area specific merchandise. Remember when each land or area of the park had unique merchandise? Bring it back. The amount of unique merchandise has really shrunk at the parks. Also, there should not be a cart selling Pirates merchandise in frikkin Epcot. I can sorta understand having a Pirates merchandise display in the major gift shop in each park for right now but not a cart in Future World.

3. I would say get rid of the generic Disney Parks merchandise but it seems the public has spoken and it has almost completely disappeared and replaced by new WDW branded stuff. When I go to WDW I want stuff that I can only get there. That is what I am paying a premium price for. I have noticed that the WDW "Where Magic Lives" merchandise has returned.

4. More vintage/retro clothing- alot of us like to wear that kind of clothing. When I was at DL in August I got 2 really cool 50th T's, one had the old school DL logo on it and the other one was a vintage t with the DL logo. Where is this kind of stuff here. DL has alot better premium merchandise like this but I guess that is because of all the locals. I would also like to see some more bowling/lounge shirts. I have some really cool ones from DL and would get some from WDW if they had some that were better quality.

I have seen some improvements in the merchandise lately I hope it is a move in the right direction.

RonAnnArbor

Actually, I think that comment about the hoodies being seasonal is totally accurate -- when I was there in March there was one hoody - and it had Grumpy on it (ack, not one I would wear at any rate)

Last week, there were at least 12 different kinds of hoodies out - both zip and without - ranging from WDW embroidered hoodies to character hoodies, with everything in between. I kept finding one after another that I liked, and on my last day there they put out yet ANOTHER hoodie that had an awesome emroidered castle and Walt Disney World on the left chest...

One thing they DON"T need during the winter months are more hoodies...what they need to do is keep those available during warmer months as well -- I come from Michigan where we have two months of weather where you DONT wear sweatshirts, and even during the summer you bring them with you at nighttime.

Pongo

They need more car items that AREN'T antannae toppers. More variety of decals, licence plates, frames, bumper stickers, etc.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

also someone said more wendy merch. I agree...I think just more Peter Pan things, minus tink. Personally, i think tink is waaaaay overrated. she doesnt even talk, and the guy who the movie is named after has nothing sold but some little boys costumes.

That's a very good point. They should carry seasonal products all year. :wave:

People do buy swimwear in the winter too!

lpet11984

-More Fantasia merchandice
-Park/area specific merchandice (I love all the EPCOT Center retro stuff!)
-More "Art of Disney" stores w/expanded merchandice

Generally speaking, I'd like to see more classically designed merchandice...Mickey sillohettes (sp?), t-shirts w/o all the gaudy screen printing/fonts, etc.

pacochran

A couple things I think they should have is,

AK should have shirts or clothing that say Not a zuh (not sure of spelling). It is part of their ad campaigns that it yet they don't have it on merchandise.

With the aging population out there I think Character Canes or Walking sticks might be a good seller.

dvcnut39

They really need to add "Walt Disney World Explorer 3". I have the 2nd edition and it's a computer cd that lets you explore WDW.

PyxiiDustt

I love Alice in Wonderland and can hardly ever find her in the parks. It's hard because she isn't a princess and she's not a pirate or action-y type character. I'm upset because I really just want a T-shirt or something (anything really) with Alice on it and I just cannot seem to find her!

Also, I love the Fox and the Hound and would love a plush of the two but can't find them either! Disney needs to step outside of the Princess and Winnie the Pooh's a little and cater a little more to their other movies.

Just my opinion =]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom