What merchandise does WDW need

RiversideBunny

Original Poster
What things should Disney offer at WDW that they don't seem to ever carry in the gift shops?

I would start by saying that they should have:

1. T-shirts with the individual Lion King characters
2. More WDW wall calendars- they could sell a million of those but never seem to print enough, so they all sell out quickly. They are actually good, year round advertisements for WDW.
3. Some roller-blading and X-Games items in the sports shop on Main Street, to go along with all the other sports
4. Disney bobble heads
5. Haunted Mansion gift items

cmatt

i dont know if i was just being a bit thick.. but i couldnt find hardly ANY deceant movie posters for pixar.... or any movie for that matter - there were a few but a proper movie store (with NO novelty hats) would be great!

I love the artwork of the pixar movies (and some 2d disney) and i cant genuinely afford to buy a print (well ok - i was tempted to order a finding nemo one on canvass) but still. a proper movie store would be great selling dvd's etc....(i know they are about but they were still lacking sustinance)

I thought some of the t shirt designs were rather tacky too.... but i think thats more personal opinion then anything else.

Oh and they need more stich stuff :p

wedway71

Even though they carry these items around WDW id like to see more of Disney related office supply and business items.Briefcases,ties,desk items,etc. I think TWDC should not only expand these offerings at WDW they need do this online and a specific catalog via Disney Consumer Products."Disney Office" would be great name for a catalog specific to biz and office related Disney items for anyone in corporate America or home office.
Also ive never gotten a haircut at Main Street but I think having a whole brand of mens toiletries-including shaving cream,facial cleanser,shampoo,etc with theMAIN STREET BARBER SHOP name and logo on it would be very cool.
Not only could they sell this at the barber shop but in the Emporiom and at any Disney resort gift shops instead of national brand items to tap into the synergy.

cmatt

You should try Sid's at MGM, They have alot of movie posters and autographs.

i did - but it wasnt reallllly what i was looking for - i mean proper cinema release reproductions of posters - not just what you would get at say virgin rolled up with numbers on them.....(well ok proper cinema posters would be marketed this way also...)

There are certainly websites available...but a more specilist stores in general would be better imho... not just a mish mash of tshirts, mugs, pens, etc...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I would love to have an oversized leather wallet with an embosed Mickey on it. I looked for something similar on the last trip. All they had were the kids velcro wallets.

Higher quality merchandise with Figment. I mean, really, they put the little blue abomination on almost everything, and he isnt half as popular as Figment.

More Disney related Xbox games.

RiversideBunny

Original Poster
Yes, they need some good quality leather items. We've been wishing for a Day Planner/Franklin Covey type binder for daily planner pages- one with a subtle embossed Mickey on the front.

:)

RonAnnArbor

Yes, they need some good quality leather items. We've been wishing for a Day Planner/Franklin Covey type binder for daily planner pages- one with a subtle embossed Mickey on the front.

:)

YES YES YES!!!!! I would love something like that. Also a laptop messenger bag that is a true quality messenger bag (like a Timbuk2) with Micky or even just a plain old WDW on it. Or a leather backpack/notebook PC carrier bag, not the cheap nylon ones they currently have.

TinkerBelle8878

I'd like to see plush other than the basic '5'. It seemed to me that the last couple of times I went to WDW, all that seemed to be sold were the Mickey, Goofy, etc. In all the parks. My favorite souveniers from trips are my plushes. All the way back to a 1981 Marie which I had proudly picked out as a 3 year old. I even remember there being Hyacinth Hippos for sale years back but now its seems like nothing new or unusual that can't be bought from a disney store.

Last time they even seemed to have done away with the World Showcase themed plush like Mexican Donald, Japan Minnie, and Chinese Chip and Dale as well.

It gets boring seeing the same things over and over and over again. I guess if someone didn't know otherwise it wouldn't bother them but as someone who grew up seeing different characters all over the place and different versions of the characters, it seems like its been downgraded.

hibbsofep

I'm always disappointed at the scrapbooking materials available. I can get way more interesting stuff back at home. I would expect to find the coolest stuff right in Mickey's back yard.

davidpw97

They need to make their clothing in larger sizes. Very rarely can I find clothes in sizes larger than XXL and unfortunately for me I passed XXL years ago. Disney needs its own big and tall store, if they can make beast costumes, i'm sure they can make tshirts in 4X or 5X sizes or larger. When I was a CP I could get uniforms in larger sizes but as a guest they are very hard to find.

Plutoboy

I would like to see t-shirts with Chip 'n' Dale on them in addition to some of the rarer charcter that you hardly see on a t-shirt. I'm talking more like the traditional WDW shirts with a character on it.

Epcotrob

I would like to see some "throw back" designs on some shirts in all sizes from kids to 5X. Mabye some old MK shirts and some old EPCOT Center shirts. I know I would buy a ton of them. I second the notion for bigger sizes. :lookaroun

TowerOfTerror

I would love vintage Disney Theme park tee shirts. There aren't too many suitable shirts for adults in thier 20's and these would fill the void perfectly.

hammysammy59

Here's what I want:

Kingdom Hearts 3 on Wii, with KH 1 and 2 as unlockable extras! If not as extras on KH3, at least both games on a Wii disc available for purchase? Or better yet, as a preorder bonus for KH3?

Okay okay, realistically, I'd like to see:

TRON stuff! T-shirts, action figures, the works. You've got to promote the new TRON ride in Tomorrowland somehow!

Okay, sorry, I'm still fantasizing. I guess as far as stuff that is actually possible, I'd like to see some of the aforementioned "retro/throw-back" stuff, especially for EPCOT. The 80's future is still my favorite version of the future, darn it.

Scooter

I'd just like Disney to do like they used to do and sell Frontierland merchandise in Frontierland and Adventureland stuff in Adventureland and Futuristic stuff in Tomorrowland.

I'm sick of seeing Mickey Mouse Toasters in the gift shops in Frontierland.

It's ruining the theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom