what kind of snacks does everyone bring?

natolij02

Just curious what kinds of snacks everyone brings from home or buys at the grocery store?

Here is what I am bringing:

Princess Teddy Grahams
Dried Fruit (berry mix)
Kids Fruit Snacks
Individual Drink Packets for the water bottles

I am looking for some other ideas as to what people think travels well and are good quick snacks while in disney

The snacks are for me, DH, and DD who is 2 yrs

DisneyGigi

Walmart has a Cajun Trail mix that is sooo good. I always buy a few of those to take along for the trip down. This year I also bought an assortment of the 100 calorie snack pouches to take too. Cereal bars are another good one to bring. I love the South Beach Diet ones and so do the kids.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, we bought those multipacks of the mini-cereal boxes...I think I got them on sale they came 10 boxes in a pack and I got them 2 for $4
I brought cereal boxes and drinks in the backpack and around 730 AM while waiting for the park to open the girls would eat the cereal. It kept them occupied, fed and happy while waiting for the fun to begin. However, one day at AK this offended a dad in front of us. They were a family of 5..mom, dad, 3 kids probably 8, 6 & 4. Well, my youngest dropped a fruit loop on the ground by her foot. Before anyone had a chance to do anything...here comes dad stomping the fruit loop to bits..nearly stomping on my daughter in the process ..ranting and raving about lazy people ruining the atmosphere for everyone! Everyone around us just got quiet and stared..til one grandpa said "Well, it looks to be a real fun day ahead of one family" I felt bad for those three kids all day long.

Upvote 0

sbkline

We bring pudding cups, fruit cups, hostess snacks, such as twinkies, Suzie Q's, etc. And, another thing we bring, which I'm sure I will never live down on these boards...is Pringles. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

And, another thing we bring, which I'm sure I will never live down on these boards...is Pringles. :ROFLOL:

That is too funny. On our recent drive down from Illinois to WDW we passed a fellow Illinois vehicle. As I passed the mini-van the girls and my husband started cracking up laughing. I looked over to see what was so funny..the dad who was driving was driving with one hand on the wheel while tipping a Pringles can upside down emptying the contents into his mouth. There was no possible way he could have seen the road, he was completely into his Pringles!

Upvote 0

sbkline

That is too funny. On our recent drive down from Illinois to WDW we passed a fellow Illinois vehicle. As I passed the mini-van the girls and my husband started cracking up laughing. I looked over to see what was so funny..the dad who was driving was driving with one hand on the wheel while tipping a Pringles can upside down emptying the contents into his mouth. There was no possible way he could have seen the road, he was completely into his Pringles!

Ummm...it wasn't a silver Grand Caravan in April was it? :eek:

Upvote 0

SAV

#1 is Twizzlers. Gotta have em'.
We also buy down theere and bring along to the parks some Chex Mix, Pretzels, Cheez-it's, The uh-oh Oreo's(Golden cookie with Chocolate inside), Gummies and Goldfish crackers.

We always bring a smallish collapsible cooler with and buy some Water and Gatorade to bring along too. If you have a fridge/freezer in the room, just put some in there so they freeze solid and as the day goes on, they defrost and you get an ice cold drink.

Once the DS gets too old for a stroller, then we may have to re-think that part though.

Have fun!!!

Upvote 0

Raven66

I make my own trail mix and separate them into smaller snack size ziplocks. We also bring fruit snacks, cereal bars, granola bars and poptarts for breakfast.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Nothing :)

Yeah with a 2 y/o you kind of need to. I used to be a pack snacks, drink, change of clothes, etc. Now, i take nothing (well, I wear clothes). Wallet, cell phone, small camera - thats it. I don't think I could ever go back to carrying things around with me again.

-dave

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

Let's see....some of the things I may usually bring:

Crystal Lite and Kool Aid single pouches
Yogos/fruit strips
Cereal Bars
Individual packs of Cheezits, Teddy Grahms etc
Cereal in the plastic tubs....easy to get milk and keep in room to have a quick breakfast in the room
Gum and Lifesavers
Some type of trail mix
Sometimes Poptarts but these crush easily
Bag or 2 of microwave popcorn....depends on where we are staying
I also bring straws, some napkins and plastic spoons for the room, plus extra ziplock baggies

I also pack a bag of snacks for the each of the kids for the plane ride....has some Goldfish crackers/Cheezits etc, some gum and Lifesavers and a favorite treat (Twizzlers for the little one). I also include small surprises: stickers etc. They don't get the bags till the airport. Last April I found Donald watches at Walmart for $3 and wrapped those up, kids thought that was very cool. My boys are older, though, so maybe in a few years you can do this :wave:

Upvote 0

CLandrum

Well, we bought those multipacks of the mini-cereal boxes...I think I got them on sale they came 10 boxes in a pack and I got them 2 for $4
I brought cereal boxes and drinks in the backpack and around 730 AM while waiting for the park to open the girls would eat the cereal. It kept them occupied, fed and happy while waiting for the fun to begin. However, one day at AK this offended a dad in front of us. They were a family of 5..mom, dad, 3 kids probably 8, 6 & 4. Well, my youngest dropped a fruit loop on the ground by her foot. Before anyone had a chance to do anything...here comes dad stomping the fruit loop to bits..nearly stomping on my daughter in the process ..ranting and raving about lazy people ruining the atmosphere for everyone! Everyone around us just got quiet and stared..til one grandpa said "Well, it looks to be a real fun day ahead of one family" I felt bad for those three kids all day long.

I can't believe that would offend anyone. That would have never crossed my mind. When we want to get to a park about 30 minutes prior to opening we always bring ceareal bars or a bag of powdered doughnuts and some fruit and eat in line. It makes the most of our time and gives the kids something to do while waiting, I mean besides being in a bad mood and stomping on some poor kids fruit loops.:p

Upvote 0
alright...Ill bite. What is the problem with pringles?
pringles.gif

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

I haven't really figured out the snack thing yet, but for DH and I who love our coffee and find the Nescafe -- well, HORRIBLE! I am going to pack some Folgers Coffee Singles. It's not nice, fresh brewed but it certainly will a vast improvement on the "machine' coffee. Hey, you can't miss, refillable mug and hot water on tap; I wished I had thought of it before the SIL and I went in Feb :brick: I might just take some small plastic baggies to put some snack stuff in from Everything Pop, that way the baggage handlers won't smash the goodies.

Upvote 0

sbkline

alright...Ill bite. What is the problem with pringles?
pringles.gif

On our April 2007 trip, on two seperate days, we came back to our room to find a can of Pringles missing. We started out with 3 cans and had 2 cans mysteriously dissappear. They were 1/4 to 1/2 full...full enough that it should have been obvious by their weight that they were not empty. I wrote it up in my trip report, and I still get teased about it occassionally. Here is the trip report:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=176967

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

On our April 2007 trip, on two seperate days, we came back to our room to find a can of Pringles missing. We started out with 3 cans and had 2 cans mysteriously dissappear. They were 1/4 to 1/2 full...full enough that it should have been obvious by their weight that they were not empty. I wrote it up in my trip report, and I still get teased about it occassionally. Here is the trip report:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=176967

I was gonna say what's the deal with Pringles? They are really good specially the Pizza ones! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom