What KIND of attraction do you enjoy best?

What kind of attraction do you enjoy best?

• Big Thrill Rides (EE, Space Mtn, RnRC, ToT, etc)

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Slower Non-Thrill Rides (PoTC, GMR, TTA, etc)

Votes: 58 59.2%
  • Interactive Rides (Buzz Lightyear, TSMM, SSE)

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • 3D Shows (Mickey's Philharmagic, Tough to Be a Bug, Muppets, etc)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Live Shows (Beauty & Beast, Finding Nemo, etc)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Character Meet-n-Greets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fireworks Shows (Wishes, Illuminations, etc)

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Walking Tours (Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parades (Main Street Electrical, Spectromagic, etc)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So I was at the Texas State Fair yesterday and riding a carnival ride type ride where it lifts you in the air, throws you all around and upside-down in different directions while spinning you. I enjoyed the first three-fourths of it and I am not one to get sick on rides at all. But that last fourth of the ride and I had enough...so I leaned over to my friend as we were being thrown around and said the one thought in my head at that time, "you know, I much prefer Pirates of the Caribbean"

So I guess my answer is non-carnival type rides and attractions....is what I like best

DfromATX

Although I enjoy the thrill rides like Mt. Everest and Tower of Terror, I love the slow rides too - like my favorite, Splash, or even Living with the Land. Heck, I even like IASW.

stargrl33

My favorites are the immersive, storytelling attractions (typically dark rides, with or without some thrills) -- POTC, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Peter Pan, Spaceship Earth,Tower of Terror.

I think "immersive" is really the key word for me when I think of my favorite Disney rides.

rkelly42

I really enjoy the slower rides at disney. These rides are what separates disney from most other parks. Everyone is trying to go bigger and faster, disney keeps producing these slower rides that accommodate everyone. Unfortunately for thrill seekers disney does not offer a lot along those lines.

Mouse_Trap

Of the various kinds of attractions in WDW, which do you feel is best?
I'm thinking in terms of big thrill rides (EE, Space Mtn, RnRC, ToT)

I think calling rides like EE, Space Mtn, RnRC, ToT "big thrill rides" is extremely generous.
The first two
definitely are not, I'll give you thrill ride, but not big thrill. I'd probably let RnRC & ToT scrape in on the margin.

The sad thing at WDW, is that they are the biggest thrill rides they have.

Universal is proving you have have big thrill rides without them being exposed steel rollercoasters, even suitable for most of the family, think Spiderman or Forbidden Journey. It's so dissapointing that Disney has shirked away from challenging them and instead cheaped out on too many meet & gropes, and lame kiddie rides.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think calling rides like EE, Space Mtn, RnRC, ToT "big thrill rides" is extremely generous.
The first two
definitely are not, I'll give you thrill ride, but not big thrill. I'd probably let RnRC & ToT scrape in on the margin.

The sad thing at WDW, is that they are the biggest thrill rides they have.

Universal is proving you have have big thrill rides without them being exposed steel rollercoasters, even suitable for most of the family, think Spiderman or Forbidden Journey. It's so dissapointing that Disney has shirked away from challenging them and instead cheaped out on too many meet & gropes, and lame kiddie rides.

It is a good thing they have Pandora, Star Wars Land, and Toy Story Land lined up. Otherwise, how would they ever be able to challenge big, bad Universal and their big thrill rides. :rolleyes:

Incomudro

I love the thrill rides at Disney, as well as the slower ones (Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean).

Thrill rides, such as the rides at your standard amusement park are getting boring for me. They all feel the same. Disney has thrill rides, but they are themed and are more interesting than a coaster that goes up and drops with some loops (zzzzzz)

This exactly for me.
I absolutely love the classic Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates.
Right up with them it's the big thrills, but it's the theming that makes those big thrills what they are.
Case in point - I went to six flags with my kids this summer. We went on several of the roller coasters, and did Kinda - Ka as well. If you're not familiar with that one, give it a search.
While these coasters were all bigger and badder then anything at WDW, they were not better.
Not to my family anyway.
We infinity prefer say Tower of Terror to Kinda Ka, and would take Expedition Everest over whatever the name of that ribbon of steel coaster we rode at Six Flags was.

cjack300zx

Haunted mansion is my favorite. Its was the only ride I can remember from my first visit back in 85, I didn't go back to Disney until 2014 and I was like a little kid all over again on haunted mansion.

Disneyhead'71

This exactly for me.
I absolutely love the classic Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates.
Right up with them it's the big thrills, but it's the theming that makes those big thrills what they are.
Case in point - I went to six flags with my kids this summer. We went on several of the roller coasters, and did Kinda - Ka as well. If you're not familiar with that one, give it a search.
While these coasters were all bigger and badder then anything at WDW, they were not better.
Not to my family anyway.
We infinity prefer say Tower of Terror to Kinda Ka, and would take Expedition Everest over whatever the name of that ribbon of steel coaster we rode at Six Flags was.
First off, why does everyone use Six Flags as comparison? They don't have the depth of history nor the panache of modern theme parks. They are just corporate amusement centers (6 Flags Texas excepted). They really don't do anything well.

What I have found that most people here like about Disney is simply that it is Disney. They love the parks, the movies, pretty much anything Disney. And there is nothing anyone says or does that will sway them that only Disney builds anything worth their attention.

I come from a totally different passion. I am an amusement park fan, period. I like Disney because they make some of the best amusement parks. I'm not really a fan of their movies, cartoons, programming, etc. but they make some great parks. At least they used too. I'd rather have a good root canal than sit through the plethora of recent toddler bait they have been serving up.

But there are other quality parks out there that aren't Disney. I find everything about Disney Parks to be rather milk toast. I talk to Disney fans who tell me that Kali is too extreme and they've snorkeled......at Typhoon Lagoon. I cannot even picture these people taking their families whitewater rafting on The New River or chucking the kids out of the boat so far out in the ocean you can't see land for a little open water snorkeling.

Disney Parks are awesome for little girls and Grandmas.

This ain't Kali

150_dpi_rafter_under_nrg_bridge_withcredit.jpg

Last edited:

Incomudro

First off, why does everyone use Six Flags as comparison? They don't have the depth of history nor the panache of modern theme parks. They are just corporate amusement centers (6 Flags Texas excepted). They really don't do anything well.

What I have found that most people here like about Disney is simply that it is Disney. They love the parks, the movies, pretty much anything Disney. And there is nothing anyone says or does that will sway them that only Disney builds anything worth their attention.

I come from a totally different passion. I am an amusement park fan, period. I like Disney because they make some of the best amusement parks. I'm not really a fan of their movies, cartoons, programming, etc. but they make some great parks. At least they used too. I'd rather have a good root canal than sit through the plethora of recent toddler bait they have been serving up.

But there are other quality parks out there that aren't Disney. I find everything about Disney Parks to be rather milk toast. I talk to Disney fans who tell me that Kali is too extreme and they've snorkeled......at Typhoon Lagoon. I cannot even picture these people taking their families whitewater rafting on The New River or chucking the kids out of the boat so far out in the ocean you can't see land for a little open water snorkeling.

Disney Parks are awesome for little girls and Grandmas.

This ain't Kali

150_dpi_rafter_under_nrg_bridge_withcredit.jpg

I used Six Flags for comparison because it shows the difference between a bare bones but more radical thrill ride vs. a heavily themed but less extreme counterpart.
There are some people who scoff at Disney's thrill rides because they are not nearly as extreme as well - a Six Flags ride.
I'll take the theming and immersion of Expedition Everest over Nitro (though it is a very good coaster) any day.

Last edited:

matt9112

Based on the pole results I think disney should rip out all the slow non thrill rides so that I can visit any time of year :) #crowdcontrol

matt9112

I used Six Flags for comparison because it shows the difference between a bare bones but more radical thrill ride vs. a heavily themed but less extreme counterpart.
There are some people who scoff at Disney's thrill rides because they are not nearly as extreme as well - a Six Flags ride.
I'll take the theming and immersion of Expedition Everest over Nitro (though it is a very good coaster) any day.

The future is going to be radical thrill rides themed as well as classic less thrill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom