What KIND of attraction do you enjoy best?

What kind of attraction do you enjoy best?

• Big Thrill Rides (EE, Space Mtn, RnRC, ToT, etc)

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Slower Non-Thrill Rides (PoTC, GMR, TTA, etc)

Votes: 58 59.2%
  • Interactive Rides (Buzz Lightyear, TSMM, SSE)

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • 3D Shows (Mickey's Philharmagic, Tough to Be a Bug, Muppets, etc)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Live Shows (Beauty & Beast, Finding Nemo, etc)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Character Meet-n-Greets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fireworks Shows (Wishes, Illuminations, etc)

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Walking Tours (Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parades (Main Street Electrical, Spectromagic, etc)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

Raineman

I think calling rides like EE, Space Mtn, RnRC, ToT "big thrill rides" is extremely generous.
The first two
definitely are not, I'll give you thrill ride, but not big thrill. I'd probably let RnRC & ToT scrape in on the margin.

The sad thing at WDW, is that they are the biggest thrill rides they have.

Universal is proving you have have big thrill rides without them being exposed steel rollercoasters, even suitable for most of the family, think Spiderman or Forbidden Journey. It's so dissapointing that Disney has shirked away from challenging them and instead cheaped out on too many meet & gropes, and lame kiddie rides.

I myself wouldn't really consider some of those Universal rides as "thrill rides" - 3D screens, IMO, do not offer much more thrills than your standard, slower dark ride. Maybe that could be because I don't generally find 3D technology to be ultra-realistic, but I understand that to anyone that does, those rides would be pretty crazy. If Disney could take the "thrill" aspect of a roller coaster and combine it with heavy theming & AA, that would be the perfect thrill ride-something they have already attempted with EE & RnRC, but didn't quite perfect.

JoeV

When I was younger, I used to love thrill rides, coaster, etc...Now I prefer rides with character rather than record-setting type stuff.

I really enjoyed the splash mountain ride. Funny and also fun. I rode Space Mountain for the first time. On my visit in 92 I never made it on. It was fun but not as exciting as I anticipated. The Mission Space ride I rode both the toned down and regular versions. I was feeling a little dizzy for about an hour after the souped up version.. At first I thought the sickness bags were just a joke or novelty but I can see someone having to use them now and then. That really scrambles your senses up pretty good and I imagine people have got sick from the ride. I wouldn't want to ride it twice in a row.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
I think calling rides like EE, Space Mtn, RnRC, ToT "big thrill rides" is extremely generous.
The first two
definitely are not, I'll give you thrill ride, but not big thrill. I'd probably let RnRC & ToT scrape in on the margin.

The sad thing at WDW, is that they are the biggest thrill rides they have.

Universal is proving you have have big thrill rides without them being exposed steel rollercoasters, even suitable for most of the family, think Spiderman or Forbidden Journey. It's so dissapointing that Disney has shirked away from challenging them and instead cheaped out on too many meet & gropes, and lame kiddie rides.

It's not generous at all. It's a good thing that not everyone defines "big thrill" in the same way. EE and Space Mtn are definitely thrill rides, as are the others mentioned. None may be as consistent as say, the Hulk Coaster at IoA, but they have enough to them to be thrilling to some people. It just needs to be understood that the purpose of the Disney parks isn't just to provide out-and-out thrills in every single ride or attraction.......there are varying degrees and levels of thrills - as defined by each park guest individually. I WILL say, however, that I think Disney can step up its game a bit (and should) by giving us more that is well-themed AND offers something of substantial thrills. I'd love to see something at Disney in the same manner as Universal's Revenge of the Mummy or Amazing Spider-Man.

JiminyandTink

I voted for the non-thrill rides (even though ToT is one of my all-time favorites) only because they tend to be a little more immersive and story-driven (EE not included). But regardless, the rides I love the most, take you to a different place (with the "show" even starting right from the queue area) and you feel like you've escaped to a different time or place and are almost inside of a movie.

DfromATX

When I was younger, I used to love thrill rides, coaster, etc...Now I prefer rides with character rather than record-setting type stuff.

I really enjoyed the splash mountain ride. Funny and also fun. I rode Space Mountain for the first time. On my visit in 92 I never made it on. It was fun but not as exciting as I anticipated. The Mission Space ride I rode both the toned down and regular versions. I was feeling a little dizzy for about an hour after the souped up version.. At first I thought the sickness bags were just a joke or novelty but I can see someone having to use them now and then. That really scrambles your senses up pretty good and I imagine people have got sick from the ride. I wouldn't want to ride it twice in a row.

One year we braved it and tried the "souped up" version. Every single one of us, including 2 strangers, were moaning and groaning. We didn't have to use the bags, but we felt so dizzy! I was ok once I got out of it, but my husband had to skip the next couple rides while he recovered! BTW, Splash is my favorite ride.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
One year we braved it and tried the "souped up" version. Every single one of us, including 2 strangers, were moaning and groaning. We didn't have to use the bags, but we felt so dizzy! I was ok once I got out of it, but my husband had to skip the next couple rides while he recovered! BTW, Splash is my favorite ride.

haha. DW is like this...cannot ride Mission Space...me, I try to ride it every time we go but I have to ride by myself like a loser. I try to sit in the middle so I can reach all the buttons in the cockpit. :oops::p

jonesenon4

i voted for the big thrill rides. but to be honest i could have voted for any of the choices and not been wrong. i guess what i'm saying is i love them all.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom