What KIND of attraction do you enjoy best?

What kind of attraction do you enjoy best?

• Big Thrill Rides (EE, Space Mtn, RnRC, ToT, etc)

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Slower Non-Thrill Rides (PoTC, GMR, TTA, etc)

Votes: 58 59.2%
  • Interactive Rides (Buzz Lightyear, TSMM, SSE)

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • 3D Shows (Mickey's Philharmagic, Tough to Be a Bug, Muppets, etc)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Live Shows (Beauty & Beast, Finding Nemo, etc)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Character Meet-n-Greets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fireworks Shows (Wishes, Illuminations, etc)

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Walking Tours (Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parades (Main Street Electrical, Spectromagic, etc)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
Of the various kinds of attractions in WDW, which do you feel is best?

I'm thinking in terms of big thrill rides (EE, Space Mtn, RnRC, ToT), slower non-thrill rides - aka "dark rides" (PoTC, GMR, TTA), interactive rides (Buzz Lightyear, TSMM, SSE), 3D shows (Mickey's Philharmagic, Muppetvision 3D, It's Tough to be a Bug), live shows (Beauty & The Beast, Finding Nemo), parades, walking tours, fireworks shows, and character meet-n-greets.

Last edited:

French Quarter

This is a hard decision for me to make. I am certainly not into the big thrill rides and one of the things I love about Disney is that there are not too many of those. That being said, I do like more minor thrills like Dinosaur and Soarin' and Star Tours. I love pretty much anything else too.

Chef Mickey

I just a love a great show, with a great theme.

Expedition Everest, in its original form, is a perfect example. Not only is it an awesome thrill ride, it has the pre-show elements and detail, along with a great theme in a well executed show.

It's still an outstanding ride, but with a broken yeti, the show suffers.

Splash Mountain is another example of thrills, perfectly executed show, and an incredibly detailed theme.

These kinds of ambitious rides seem to no longer exist under the new regime and it's unfortunate.

ChesterKiwi

While I love thrill rides with a passion, especially coasters, that's not what I go for at Disney. I go to Disney for the dark rides or rides with dark ride elements. :D

The walking trails at Animal Kingdom are also great.

yedliW

I was torn between the dark rides and the interactive ones. For me, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise is classic Disney, and are must do's on every trip.

That said, I love having some interaction (i.e. buzz and toy story) so the experience is different each time.

I'm not much for Parades or live shows, but I'm a big fan of Fireworks.

Even tho I'm not a thrill ride fan, I hope they build a few more, so all the people who are, can go to there, and leave the other rides for me! :)

Ginzuishou

I love the thrill rides at Disney, as well as the slower ones (Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean).

Thrill rides, such as the rides at your standard amusement park are getting boring for me. They all feel the same. Disney has thrill rides, but they are themed and are more interesting than a coaster that goes up and drops with some loops (zzzzzz)

blueboxdoctor

I picked the "Slower, Non-Thrill Rides." I love the attention to detail a lot of them have and even the older ones (like Peter Pan) have a Disney charm to them that I enjoy. But something like Pirates, it's always cool to see all the work and attention to detail that was put into it. I'd also include Spaceship Earth in this list, though I think it was in another category in the voting poll at the top.

As for non-ride things, if I could have voted twice I would have selected the "Firework Shows" category.

JIMINYCR

Thrill me... I want something thats going to get my heart pumping fast, I want to be knocked around, I want to screeeeeam, I want to get off the ride thinking YEAH I'VE BEEN ON A RIIDE. Unfortunately there arent that many thrilling experiences , so I'll ride and re-ride as many times as I can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom