What keeps you coming back?

AdLibSean

Original Poster
Just thought I'd throw this question out there. What is it exactly that does it for you, and makes you shed out the $$ for a trip to the most magical place on earth? For me, its not so much riding the rides, as it is experiencing EVERYTHING with the people you hold special to you. While Space Mountain, and Tower of Terror are exciting and intense, its the feeling I get when I experience the simple pleasures of everything; such as the feeling you get during the Finale at the American Adventure, or seeing a parade or Firework spectacular (Reflections of Earth) through someone's eyes for the first time, or the seeing Spaceship Earth for the first time on your vacation, quickly through the tress on route to your hotel, and then its gone, magically. Standing on Main Street and seeing the magical spires of Cinderella Castle illuminated by that final Gold hanging firework in Fantasy in the Sky, stepping out of the Oasis and gazing upon the Tree of Life, the sinking under the sea effect in Voyage of the Little Mermaid or watching Mickey conduct his symphony of magic atop his mountain in Fantasmic, and getting a wake up call from MICKEY himself. This is why I keep coming back. These memories and images have been en-rooted within me and are some of the greatest things that have ever touched my life, more so than a cheap 3 min thrill on a plain thrill ride. (For me at least, for other people, that is their special thing.) And even though "Eisney" has its cut-backs, and its shrewd corporate American ways, through it all, there's still something incredibly magical, and undenying about wishing upon a star, because for me at least, my dreams have come true, and I believe that if you're one of those who is good at heart, then fate will be kind, and those dreams will continue to come true! Thanks for listening to me guys, I'm in an INCREDIBLE mood tonight, and I don't know why?!?! Maybe its those words down below.... Take care everyone!

General Grizz

"What is it exactly that does it for you, and makes you shed out the $$ for a trip to the most magical place on earth?"

REPORT FROM GRIZZLYHALL'S BRAIN:
This question will require too much data to be released by Grizzly Hall through his fingers. If he were to answer this question, we would have too much data and a shutdown.

chelly913

:) For me, it is just the magical feeling of Disney! It is the happiest place on earth! I dream about it for months before I go. Everyone I know thinks I am nuts. I am glad I found this site cause now I know that there are other people out there like me!

figmentmom

I agree it's a combination of things that keep me coming back...Disney "magic" is very special to me. It's a happy, safe, friendly place, where dreams really can come true (wow, THERE'S an original thought, huh?) I don't even have to be there physically to feel the magic - on those dark, dreary days when just about nothing goes right, it's good just to know that WDW exists and flourishes.

Rdedeian

Originally posted by chelly913
:) For me, it is just the magical feeling of Disney! It is the happiest place on earth! I dream about it for months before I go. Everyone I know thinks I am nuts. I am glad I found this site cause now I know that there are other people out there like me!

Thats exactly how I feel when getting ready for a Disney Trip!!

cymbaldiva

Too many things to even begin to type about...I guess it's the magic I felt the first time DH and I visited...nothing since has ever been like it, but I do keep hoping! :)

DigitalDisney

I don't know if I would use the word magic here. We know how they do what they do. It's not like it just appears out of nowhere sprinkled with pixie-dust.

A trip to WDW is a very special experience. Everything is taken to the next level, and, for the most part, all sense of reality is altered. It's a whole level of theming which no other park can touch.

Even if there weren't any rides or attractions, I would still go to WDW to experience the theming. I don't know about anyone else, but I would be perfectly content walking around WDW and diving face-first into the immersive theming. If I want thrills and rides, I can go to the local Six Flags. But, if I want to lose all sense of reality, then I have to go to WDW (or IOA, but I didn' say that :) )

You really do exit the world of today and enter the world of fantasy (as the quote says)

Fossil

I love Disney World. It's incredible how spellbinding Disney World is. I love the feeling when i arrive there. The different people walking around going about their business. Everything in WDW has it's distinctive smell, that's very pleasing. WDW is out of this world. Everything u see there can't be found anywhere. it's amazing.

lakersfan17

to me its an escape from your every day life you dont have to worry about school or work instead your thinking about whats going to happen on a new ride you have never been on

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
It has to be the patented Disney Magic, absolutely. With so many problems going on hounding everyone every day, the opportunity to go to Disney World where you feel like you're 10 years old again, is extremely welcome. It's relaxing, it's fun, it's just a wonderful vacation spot.

DisneyrazZ

For me, it is the magic...it is the rides...it is the diverse range of people whether it be race, age, whatever...it is the feeling you get when you first see the "Welcome to Walt Disney World" sign...when you check in to your hotel and reach your hotel room and say, "wow...we finally made it after all this time of planning"...and especially when you walk through the turnstiles and catch your first glimpse of "magic"...and seeing the faces of all the other people running around and wondering what they are going to do that day...and wondering how long they are staying...and of course holding your loved one close during the fireworks is always special :D

~DisneyrazZ~

MinnieFan

I agree with a lot of you. Disney is just pure magic! It is worth every penny I spend there for the feelings and memories I get from every trip. I wish I could bottle it. Almost on a daily basis I talk about our upcoming trip or past trips.

christopher

Thats a great question, and one that my friends are constantly asking me because they think Im crazy. To me its about being somewhere where everyone is happy and friendly. It is also soooo clean everywhere and the resorts are beautiful. Plus I have been going since I was a kid so I have great memories. Plus, Disney has everything!

disneyfan123

For me it is the magic. Seeing the spires of Cinderella's castle or watching Fantasmic at MGM represent for me the pinacle of Disney magic. I cannot wait to be there!!!!!

*only 62 days to go*
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Nala59

I agree with you all!!! It's the magic feeling that you have when you are in WDW! It's so wonderful to be in a place where everyone is happy & friendly, and you don't have the pressures or the worries of the "real" world, where you can make new memories with people that you love, and that share the same love for WDW that you do...

** 12 weeks from today... we'll be in WDW!**

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by Nala59
I agree with you all!!! It's the magic feeling that you have when you are in WDW! It's so wonderful to be in a place where everyone is happy & friendly, and you don't have the pressures or the worries of the "real" world, where you can make new memories with people that you love, and that share the same love for WDW that you do...

** 12 weeks from today... we'll be in WDW!**

:zipit: you took the words right outta my mouth! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom