What is "Your Spot" in WDW?

CommandoDisney

Original Poster
i was just curious where people felt like it was there only little spot in wdw. for me its always been the turtle pond pool at OKW at night. we've stayed at the OKW and always requested back by the turtle pond pool because its less crowded and theres a snack bar. at night, after a long day at the parks it was always so relaxing to swim around the pool at night or go in the hot tub. im not kidding, there is no one around! its like the only time in wdw i can ever hear quiet. well except for the relaxing reggae music playing over the speakers. i would always look forward to ending my day like this. anyone else have a place like this?

nibblesandbits

yep...right at the art festival spot in Main Street USA. It's a nice corner tucked away. It's always so perfect and lets you really feel Main Street. It's a great place to sit at the end of the night and eat an ice cream while the crowds are dying down.

cmatt

does it have to be just wdw?

at dlrp for me its actually the lake/rivery bit walking back to the hotel cheyanne/sequoia lodge - peaceful... clean... and you can watch the ducks swimming up and down. Serene in the hot summer evenings too :)

Disney world: Hmm i went when i was 9 so i couldnt say really.... Ill be staying onsite next year/year after DEFINATLY so ill let you guys know then!

MKCP 1985

nibblesandbits said:
yep...right at the art festival spot in Main Street USA. It's a nice corner tucked away. It's always so perfect and lets you really feel Main Street. It's a great place to sit at the end of the night and eat an ice cream while the crowds are dying down.
Just thought you might like to know that spot has a name, or at least it once did. "Center Street." :wave:

My spot has been removed by progress. It used to be the little bench in Fantasyland overlooking the 20K lagoon. My girlfriend and I would get a waffle cone from what is now Ms. Potts and sit on that bench and watch the submarines circle the lagoon. Aaah, good times.

I am in search of a new spot, but haven't found it yet. :lol:

AndyP

Beer Garden in the UK Pavillion at Epcot, right next to the wall, in the middle of the gap between the trees to watch Illuminations, we always get it, and only after we've been there a while to people pack in, but behind us :)

Pongo

The Meadow Recreation Area in Fort Wilderness. I love just spending time there in the general store and in the pool and watching the nightly movie. Actually, I consider ALL of Fort Wilderness as my "spot". There used to be a certain playground there with a giant metal tree that you could climb up inside, but they tore it down. That was my favorite playground of all time.

In the parks, I'd have to say that my "spot" is Aunt Polly's. I love getting a Sprite float with vanilla ice cream and just sitting on the dock watching people pass by in Frontierland and Liberty Square.

SewIn2Disney

Anywhere, as long as I'm behind my camera.

But, if you want a specific spot: Sitting in the middle of Future World, watching the Kristo's perform. I absolutley love the music they perform to!

maggiegrace1

Luke ..I love Fort Wilderness also...

I love sitting on the beach and watching the water parade..

I love the Meadow Trading Post area also..

I just love walking around the whole place..It is so nice and so beautiful there..

Can we share it as "our" spot?..:)

At the parks..I love just sitting on the rocking Chairs by Tony's and watching people ..:)

bgraham34

To be honest I can't say where my spot is. Its my own private getaway and I would hate for other people to find it.

I also love to see by the train station and watch out over main street.

I think the best places in WDW are the relaxing ones. Where I can sit and take in the surrounding scenery and just watch as families pass by. One of my favorites is in adventureland, Just as you walk in from the Hub on the left. there are large stone planters with benches all around. the plant life is fluerishing and people are all amazed when they step in and see the giant tree house and the supreme architecture.

Another good spot is on Tom Sawyer Island. Right ontop of the hill in the middle of the island, next to where the fort is. there are a few ponds and benches where you can sit and listen to all the families enjoying their vacations.

daverube

MK: Every visit I take a pic of my wife-to-be near the wishing fountain (on the right of the castle)....I usually lie down so I can get a shot of her "looming" in front of the castle....I think its fun....

EPCOT: As for relaxing, we like to sit at one of the little bistro tables near Chefs de France and drink wine or on the benches behind the beer cart at Norway and drink Carlsberg beer.....both are relaxing, especially after a good day of walking in the warm Florida sun!!!

dave

SIR90210

The gardens in the back of England; it's always very quiet and peaceful back there... so long as there's no Brittish Invasion show going on.

Ashitaka

The Matsu No Ma Lounge at Epcot's Japanese Pavilion, middle of the afternoon, a table right up by the windows.

A great place to get out of the afternoon heat for a while and rest your feet. Order some sushi and chilled sake while looking down and watching people walk by. Very relaxing.

It used to be a great spot to watch the Tapestry of Dreams parade too.

Disneyfanman

The chairs on the porch outside of Aunt Pollys. A bit of ice cream or a cool drink (no more sandwiches.........boo hoo), and sit in the shade watching the activity across the rivers in Liberty Square. It's the greatest!

cmatt

Aaka said:
The Matsu No Ma Lounge at Epcot's Japanese Pavilion, middle of the afternoon, a table right up by the windows.

A great place to get out of the afternoon heat for a while and rest your feet. Order some sushi and chilled sake while looking down and watching people walk by. Very relaxing.

It used to be a great spot to watch the Tapestry of Dreams parade too.

sushi eh.....? go on.... :wave:

RedBaron

My favorite spot is in Adventureland. There are 3/4 tiki statues/speakers that play the tropical sounding music in the area.

SallyShine

RedBaron said:
My favorite spot is in Adventureland. There are 3/4 tiki statues/speakers that play the tropical sounding music in the area.

Agreed! I love walking over the bridge and seeing the big Adventureland sign and hearing the drums. And best of all, I know the Dole Whip is just a few steps away!

pacochran

Mine is the balconies at Beach Club Villa's (5th floor) overlooking EPCOT.

Sitting in a chair with a cold drink watching the Illuminations.

It's great because you see most of the fireworks and there are only a few people on other balconies, but you can't see them because they are fairly private.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom