What is your Goofiest MK Mistake?

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
July 1985 and it was near closing time. We went from park opening to close that week, with no going back to the hotel to rest.

One night as I said, it was really close to closing and we were almost running to catch the ferry from MK back to the TTC. We just barely made it.

One problem... the Liberty Bell doesnt go to the TTC. 🤪 🤣🤣

No, we didnt think the Liberty Bell could get us there... we just ran to the wrong boat all together. :)

JIMINYCR

Years ago, one early morning I was sitting at the resort bus loading area and not paying good attention, waiting for the bus to show up for AK. There are two loading areas splitting the park destinations. So in my mind I’m thinking when the AK one shows it will pull up here. Several buses came and went from the other bus loading area. The bus to MK pulls up and I realize I’m sitting at the wrong bus stop all this time and the AK buses had been showing up and I’ve been letting them leave without me. Now I pay attention when I’m bus waiting.

nickys

Premium Member
On our first ever visit DH and I got to the 20K Submarine ride and decided the queue was too long. So we watched for a while and walked on.
By the time we returned, about 14 years later, this time with kids, the lagoon had been filled in. 😢😭

At least Legoland has something similar now, I guess. And I’ve done a real submarine trip from Lanzarote. Still I wish we’d just waited. IIRC it was near to mid-day which might have been a factor in deciding not to wait in line.

zurgandfriend

I usually wear moccasin’s when flying, as they are easy to slip on and off for security etc. I forgot to pack my ‘sneakers.” First I cursed then I went to Commander Porter’s in the Grand Floridian and purchased a pair of the only thing they had, white reebok’s. They were expensive but I got lot’s of “mileage” out of them.

ExRoadie

Making a 1998 trip to WDW during the World Cup the Brazil fans were MEGA loud and rude for five days in a row.

The sixth day, we noticed the MK was very normal(quiet). I asked a CM why it was so different than the previous days.

All she said was France 3, Brazil 0.

I didn't know what that meant so I saw someone with a Brazil soccer shirt on and asked him what it meant.

The outburst of tears and wailing tipped me off that Brazil had lost in the final.

ppet

Now you have to know that I love the skyliner. But one time I could see the storm clouds coming and thought we had time. We end up stopped above CBR swinging in the wind. They finally got us moving and off.

Monkee Girl

A couple years ago I went with my aunt and cousins (4 of us total) and we were coming home from Epcot on the Monorail heading to the TTC. My aunt and Cousins decided to go to Downtown Disney for a while, so hopped off to catch a bus. I was so tired that I said I would just meet them back at the Hotel (The Polynesian) and stayed seated for the Monorail to start again. I was about halfway back to Epcot that I realized I forgot to switch trains, lol It was a nice ride but I was quite embarrassed with myself because I go too many times to make that kind of mistake, haha. Made for a good laugh with my family though because they also didn't realize my mistake until they were on a bus and actually thought about it.

Last edited:

ppete1975

oh i thought you meant that disney made not park goers. I was going to say
disneyland-people mover removal
disney world - admiral joe fowler riverboat destruction

Pepper's Ghost

July 1985 and it was near closing time. We went from park opening to close that week, with no going back to the hotel to rest.

One night as I said, it was really close to closing and we were almost running to catch the ferry from MK back to the TTC. We just barely made it.

One problem... the Liberty Bell doesnt go to the TTC. 🤪 🤣🤣

No, we didnt think the Liberty Bell could get us there... we just ran to the wrong boat all together. :)
Thank goodness for Uber/Lyft, right? Oh wait... 1985... Oops. :oops:🤪🤣

bhg469

Walking along the entrance of the haunted mansion, paying attention to Tom Sawyer's island instead of the fire hydrant that is along the wall. This was years ago and I believe the queue has been redesigned in a way so its impossible to do, but I smashed my knee pretty bad on one visit. It only hurt bad before I rode but by the end of the haunted mansion it had swollen to the size of a golf ball under my skin.

Chicken Guy

“Hey look, Jungle Cruise is a 25 minute wait.”
“But I can see the line start from the entrance.”
“Nah, I trust the wait time.”
Proceeds to wait for an hour. Moral of the story: use your judgement and never trust wait time boards.

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
Thank goodness for Uber/Lyft, right? Oh wait... 1985... Oops. :oops:🤪🤣

And.. we drove to WDW from Dallas.

We stayed at Colonial Motel and Apts in St Cloud.

We had some brochures and a guidebook my mother got before we left.

There obviously was some planning, but at the same time it was "Lets go to Disney World. and figure it out once we get there" :)

Dreaming of Disney World

When we went in 2018 we got a rental car and drove to the parks each day. My kids were 1 and 3 and rode in a double stroller. My husband didn't want to take them out and carry the stroller onto the trams in the parking lots, so we always walked all the way from our car to the park entrance and did the same when leaving. One night while leaving a park it was storming, and I didn't want to walk in the rain, so I insisted that the kids and I would take the tram. My husband insisted on walking, so he went separately with the stroller. I had never taken the trams and didn't realize different trams went to different locations of the parking lot. We got on the wrong one and had to ride the whole tram loop and then go back to the park entrance and get on the other tram.

Also on that trip we realized it was a mistake to not have a plastic stroller cover for rain. Our stroller got soaked from all the rain. My kids, diaper bag, change of clothes, and all our sneakers also got soaked. Our stroller ended up getting moldy, and I had to clean it with bleach once back at home. Our sneakers were also wet and stinky, and we only brought one pair of shoes each. On our next trip we brought a stroller cover, and we all wore comfortable waterproof sandals.

ppete1975

Walking along the entrance of the haunted mansion, paying attention to Tom Sawyer's island instead of the fire hydrant that is along the wall. This was years ago and I believe the queue has been redesigned in a way so its impossible to do, but I smashed my knee pretty bad on one visit. It only hurt bad before I rode but by the end of the haunted mansion it had swollen to the size of a golf ball under my skin.
and you didnt sue? how unamerican!!!

*DISCLAIMER Please note that any message from PPETE1975 regarding lawsuits and WDW is not to be meant with any factuality. More of a commentary on the worthless human beings that like to take advantage of the legal system and sue for no reason. Who are also the people that win a million dollar settlement and are broke in 2 years. Love you all

bhg469

and you didnt sue? how unamerican!!!

*DISCLAIMER Please note that any message from PPETE1975 regarding lawsuits and WDW is not to be meant with any factuality. More of a commentary on the worthless human beings that like to take advantage of the legal system and sue for no reason. Who are also the people that win a million dollar settlement and are broke in 2 years. Love you all
Yeah, I was more or less looking to enjoy my trip! It was day 1 and definitely the first attraction we were riding of that trip as well! I was definitely pretending I wasnt in pain though. It was my gf at the times first trip and really didnt want to go have it looked at. once the AC from the ride hit my knee, it was just awful.

RScottyL

And.. we drove to WDW from Dallas.

We stayed at Colonial Motel and Apts in St Cloud.

We had some brochures and a guidebook my mother got before we left.

There obviously was some planning, but at the same time it was "Lets go to Disney World. and figure it out once we get there" :)
Dallas/Fort Worth area here (Arlington)

Nottamus

Was at AKL a few years ago, the wife and I deciding where we want to go for the evening. So I came up with:

“Hey, MK is open until midnight with EMH…we should go there”

I believe everyone else in central Florida had the same idea. Wall to wall humans!

Phonedave

First trip as an adult. My (now-ex) wife and daughter.

We get to WDW, get asked what credit card do I want to put on file. I didn't have any of my cards, neither did my wife.

I think we had $200 cash for a week long trip (grated it was 2000 or so, but still it was not going to be enough). Luckily I had a relative fax them a copy of one of my credit cards from home and they put that on the room so we could charge.

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
First trip as an adult. My (now-ex) wife and daughter.

We get to WDW, get asked what credit card do I want to put on file. I didn't have any of my cards, neither did my wife.

I think we had $200 cash for a week long trip (grated it was 2000 or so, but still it was not going to be enough). Luckily I had a relative fax them a copy of one of my credit cards from home and they put that on the room so we could charge.
2013 in Galveston for a DCL Cruise. We ate dinner and got gas the night before we sail in Galveston. Next morning I get a notification from my credit care company about suspicious charges. As things go, I had to have that card cut off that morning just before boarding the ship. Luckily we did have another care to use for the trip, but that could have turned out very bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom