What is your Goofiest MK Mistake?

Parker in NYC

Ok, not MK (though that would be have been doubly ridiculous), but we once walked up to a cast member to ask what nahtazu meant in Swahili. She said she didn't know but that it translated to not-a-zoo in English. See, kids, our college educations mean nothing.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I was with a friend from high school, and we had fastpasses for Space Mountain which had been down all day. It re-opened only a few minutes before park close, and we used our courtesy fastpasses instead of going in the empty standby line thus denying us an extra ride.

AFoodie

And.. we drove to WDW from Dallas.

We stayed at Colonial Motel and Apts in St Cloud.

We had some brochures and a guidebook my mother got before we left.

There obviously was some planning, but at the same time it was "Lets go to Disney World. and figure it out once we get there" :)
Ahhh, the good ol’ days when we would just go to AAA, get a map & hit the road with no worries about FOMO.

Mine also happened in Animal Kingdom... we were visiting on a sunny but cool day in the month of January. My 8-year-old daughter really wanted to ride Kali River Rapids, but my husband (and his expensive camera) decided to sit that one out. So me, good old mom, gets out our ponchos and I go with her on the ride. We got splashed a few times but not too soaked, and she loved it. As we passed the queue entrance, she begged me to take her on one more time, and since there was zero line, I said sure, why not. But this time, I said, I'm going to put on my poncho hood to keep my hair dry. I flipped up the hood, not realizing that on our first ride, about a half cup of water had accumulated inside it. Pulling it up over my head poured the water down my back and straight into my butt crack, making me scream like a rhesus monkey. My husband and daughter still talk about it even though it was over ten years ago :rolleyes:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
So many. Just a couple.

All I remember seeing was "Kingdom" on the bus pulling up to WL as I boarded. I was going to the Magic Kingdom. The bus was not.

Walked out of the Publik House at AA Pavilion in EPCOT with a nice frozen Rum and Coke. Took my first sip, walked a couple of steps, and proceeded to be sprayed with what felt like machine gun fire by a bird overhead.

My youngest son was still an infant at the time. Boarded the bus from WL to go to EPCOT. DW was holding him on her lap. He projectile vomited to the point it hit a couple of people sitting close enough. It was pretty bad. Bus detoured to FW, everybody got off and had to transfer to another bus. We got private chauffeured back to WL on the smelly bus.

EngineerMom

MK had EMH until 1am my daughter wanted to go. We went and had fun.....but the next morning we could not sleep in as DH and my son had not gone. It was Thanksgiving week and our plan for the next day was to go to other resorts and springs to see decorations and take some nice family pictures for the Christmas card. Trying to make the card I said to DH that my daughter and I didn't look great in the pictures....DH what did you expect getting that little sleep after you went out to all hours....Oh well, it was a fun night.

Phonedave

2013 in Galveston for a DCL Cruise. We ate dinner and got gas the night before we sail in Galveston. Next morning I get a notification from my credit care company about suspicious charges. As things go, I had to have that card cut off that morning just before boarding the ship. Luckily we did have another care to use for the trip, but that could have turned out very bad.

Many years ago my parents (and aunt & uncle) got my grandparents a cruise for their 50th wedding anniversary.

My grandparents grew up poor (in the depression) and later lost a business they owned when the building the were leasing was pulled out from under them. As such, the didn't use credit - they paid cash for everything.

They were registering for the cruise and were asked for a credit card to put the room charges on, and they had none. Luckily my father and grandfather have the same first and last name (not the same middle, so not a Jr though). My grandparents were able to use one of my fathers credit cards for the cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom