What is your favorite WDW smell?

SDav10495

The first thing that came to mind was, of course, "Burning Rome" in SSE because it's one of those great manufactured smells. My whole family identifies it with SSE. In fact, after one of our February trips to WDW we came into the house and realized that our fireplace flue had been prematurely closed before we left and a lot of the smokiness from our last fire had just been lingering around the first floor all week...it took many more weeks for the burning smell to disappear completely from our furniture, but we didn't mind because to us it felt like riding SSE every day! :rolleyes:

But really, the smell that always brings me instantly to WDW--and no place else--is that watery smell of PotC and Splash Mountain that so many of you have noted. Whenever I catch a whiff of it I feel like I'm back in those queues waiting to hop on a boat.

EpcotServo

Burning Rome for one, and then that smell The Land had/has. (It dosen't smell as much now, but it did more before the rehab.)

The rose smell in Imagination was great too.

bluefaery

I can't descibe it but I love the smell of everything together. It's that smell that you 1st smell when you first enter the MK park. When I smell that, that is when I know I am an WDW.

duck_daddy

031205_armpit.jpg

chels26

there is this distinct smell when i walk into the lobby of ToT. I don't even know how to describe it. But on a rare occasion of randomly stepping into some ones house or walking into a buliding and i get this whiff of.. what ever it is i think of being in the lobby of ToT and i feel nostalgic..
(someones a weirdo :p )

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
remember the smell of the orange groves in Horizons!! I still get that memory everytime I smell oranges

YES! That's exactly what I was going to say. That was my favorite smell, I remember riding Horizons over and over again and always loving the orange groves. I was just telling someone about that smell tonight, and I hadn't seen this thread yet. They recreated it pretty well in Soarin, but I still think it was stronger in Horizons. Gawd I miss that ride :cry:

accord99cutie

Premium Member
there is this distinct smell when i walk into the lobby of ToT. I don't even know how to describe it. But on a rare occasion of randomly stepping into some ones house or walking into a buliding and i get this whiff of.. what ever it is i think of being in the lobby of ToT and i feel nostalgic..
(someones a weirdo :p )
maybe its the smell of dust?? seriously... I mean isnt that what the entrance to ToT is full of? It would make sense that you get a whiff of it at some places, obviously wherever you smell it needs a good dusting, haha.
anyway, my fav smell is the PoTC, I dont ever smelll it anywhere but at Disney which makes me kinda glad, cuz I would hate to all of a sudden have this smell that reminds me of the best place on earth, and not actually be there :(

accord99cutie

Premium Member
YES! That's exactly what I was going to say. That was my favorite smell, I remember riding Horizons over and over again and always loving the orange groves. I was just telling someone about that smell tonight, and I hadn't seen this thread yet. They recreated it pretty well in Soarin, but I still think it was stronger in Horizons. Gawd I miss that ride :cry:

I didnt notice any smell changes in Soarin', and I was expecting too, I was kind of disapointed, could it have been where I was sitting???

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I didnt notice any smell changes in Soarin', and I was expecting too, I was kind of disapointed, could it have been where I was sitting???

Awww... you didn't smell the oranges? That's sad. I have smelled it every time, no matter where I have been seated so I wonder if there was a problem of some sort. :shrug:

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Awww... you didn't smell the oranges? That's sad. I have smelled it every time, no matter where I have been seated so I wonder if there was a problem of some sort. :shrug:
There may have been, because I had been told to "look" (or smell?) for it. And I didnt notice one change :( I go again in December, and will try again, i hope I can smell it! cuz i think it would make the ride better the 2nd time around if the smells existed! (I thought the ocean was supposed to smell as well but that didnt either?) I was at the end on the right side so thought maybe I just didnt get the scent because I was furthest from the middle? hopefully next time I catch it though!

Thiger

the smell of SM. When I went last September it was the first visit in about 12 years and as soon as we walked into Space Mountain I was like 'I'm home.' haha
I concur, POTC water is tops too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom