What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

matt88mph

Original Poster
With all of the hype for the new Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith coming out, I though I would take this time to ask what your favorite Star Wars film is to date. Vote Now!

Not For Sale

Flame away at me, but I think all of the Star Wars films are terribly overrated.

PS- I'm not responding to any flaming for the sake of my "image"

:drevil:

matt88mph

Original Poster
Even though I am a Star Wars fan, I will not flame you for one simple reason: each person is entitled to their own opinion. I, for one, have never seen, nor wanted to see, the Lord of the Rings movies. Just my opinion.

(Waits for onslaught of flames for LOTR fans)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Not For Sale said:
Flame away at me, but I think all of the Star Wars films are terribly overrated.

LOL

Eh... dont worry about it... at LEAST the rep system has been flushed... I can speak my mind once again as well. :lol: :sohappy:

Number_6

My favorite has always been Empire Strikes Back. I love the Battle of Hoth and it introduces two of my all time favorite characters, Boba Fett and Lando Calrissian. Add to that one hell of a lightsaber battle between Luke and Darth Vader and it's just very hard to top. Though, depending on how things go with Revenge of the Sith, it might be a close one. The real test there will be Hayden Christiansen's "acting." I've been playing the game on PS2 and if that's how he really sounds in the movie, it could be a very bad thing.

Robfasto

Great question for me to answer as I just watch all 5 movies over the last 5 days... ;)

I go for Episode II: Attack of the Clones

matt88mph

Original Poster
My pick was Episode IV. It introduces us to the characters and it blends action and (some) comedy so well. Runners up: Episode VI, Episode I.

Foolish Mortal

I'm not a "huge" fan of the series but I do like the original 3. The 1st film being my favorite. Nothing like the original. Never really had an interest in seeing the 1st 2 prequels (still have'nt seen 'em) and I doubt i'll be seeing the upcoming one either.

LoriMistress

Not For Sale said:

I agree with you. My DH is a total Star Wars geek...big time. And he can't wait for the final saga to come out. He's not one fo those losers who wait at a movie threatre for months to see a flick, but if he didn't marry me...might COULD have been. LOL

LoisMustDie

I picked Return of the Jedi simply because I like good endings, and that movie was as good as endings come. I know the Ewoks were kind of stupid, but overall they didn't ruin the film like SOMEONE I know (coughJarJarBinkscough...scuse me).
Anyway, I can't see how anyone in their right mind can pick Ep. 1 and 2 over the original trilogy. I undestand the whole thing about having different tastes and all, but this really doesn't qualify. Recognizing bad acting, bad directing, bad story, bad characters, etc. are not so much dependant on taste anymore than recognizing the difference in quality and craftsmanship between Haunted Mansion and Journey Into YOUR Imagination. What I'm trying to say is...yes, Ep. 1 and 2 SUCKED BIG TIME, and though I know the preview for episode 3 looks good, I have my reservations. Had anyone chosen Ep. 1 or 2, I'd immediately have to question their sanity.

Foolish Mortal said:
Never really had an interest in seeing the 1st 2 prequels (still have'nt seen 'em) and I doubt i'll be seeing the upcoming one either.
For your sanity's sake (and keeping the SW franchise in a good light), this is a wise move.

darthdarrel

Well My favorite has always been Ep6 Return of the Jedi, but since I saw Star wars Ep3: Revenge of the sith I think that one is my favorite. I will be seeing it for a second time on the 18th and then again on the 20th LOL! :lol: :wave: :D

SpongeScott

LoisMustDie said:
I can't see how anyone in their right mind can pick Ep. 1 and 2 over the original trilogy. I undestand the whole thing about having different tastes and all, but this really doesn't qualify. Recognizing bad acting, bad directing, bad story, bad characters, etc. are not so much dependant on taste anymore than recognizing the difference in quality and craftsmanship between Haunted Mansion and Journey Into YOUR Imagination. What I'm trying to say is...yes, Ep. 1 and 2 SUCKED BIG TIME, and though I know the preview for episode 3 looks good, I have my reservations. Had anyone chosen Ep. 1 or 2, I'd immediately have to question their sanity.
:lol: *thumbs*

imagineer boy

I picked all of them rock. They all have a certain special-ness about them.

Episode 1: Great story, interesting to see how all the characters started, Ewan McGreggor rocks, fantastic special effects, amazing pod race scene, and the coolest bad guy ever, Darth Maul! I also love alot of the set design and the costumes are great too.

Episode 2: Sure, some of the acting is bad, and the dialogue makes me cringe, the rest of it is pretty good. It has a decent story, great special effects. The end Clone wars battle was amazing too. Let's not forget Yoda kicking butt!

Episode 3: We'll have to wait and see!

Episode 4: The one that started it all! The restored editions make it look brand new showing off the novelty of the special effects. Great story as well,the end death star scene is fantastic and who doesn't love darth vader?

Episode 5: I love the snow battle! We meet yoda, have fantastic special effects as usual, and I like the acting alot. Boba fett rocks! And "I am your father!"

Epidode six: The last one, and the best! The end battle is amazing the emporer is creepy, and watch hot twi'lek girls get eaten by rancors. :lol:

Over all, I enjoy them all. I think the prequals are underrated because they get hyped up way too much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom