What is your favorite side of World Showcase?

happymom52003

Original Poster
What is your favorite side of World Showcase, and why? The left side from Mexico to the American Adventure, or the right side from Canada to the American Adventure?

Jungle Skipper

I prefer the right side. France has that wonderful cafe and pastry shop, the Rose and Crown is one of my personal favorite eateries, as is the Teppanyaki Grill at Mitsukoshi. Canada's film is weak, but I enjoy the rest of the pavilion. I love all of the World Showcase, but if I could only see one side...it'd be the right side.

Cheers,
Josh

Jesùs_Carioca

We start left and end right.... as a kid, i'd always love the left side more, because it's where "the rides" were. But...I have started to grow a much fonder appreciation to the right side when sushi and my fascination for France were introduced to my life.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We really enjoy the Canada to America side. It would be practially perfect if they could switch out France with Mexico.

jiminy.cricket

Right Side for me.. I'm a canuck, What can I say

I heart Canadia! My relatives live thereaboots, and they always be talking aboot the moose in their hoose! :lol:

Seriously, it's a tough call. I love Maelstrom and Wonders of China and Biergarten, but the right side seems to have more atmosphere and connects to resorts. I guess I'd have to go with the right. I do love me some Impressions de France. :) How did you come up with this question, anyway?

happymom52003

Original Poster
I heart Canadia! My relatives live thereaboots, and they always be talking aboot the moose in their hoose! :lol:

Seriously, it's a tough call. I love Maelstrom and Wonders of China and Biergarten, but the right side seems to have more atmosphere and connects to resorts. I guess I'd have to go with the right. I do love me some Impressions de France. :) How did you come up with this question, anyway?[/quote]

Well, I was playing around with our itenerary for our trip that is 6 1/2 months away (my DH thinks i am crazy for planning details this early, but I know my WDWmagic friends get it....planning and visiting this site are the only way I can make it between trips!). As I was thinking about World Showcase, I realized that we always start out at Mexico and work our way around because my kids love Mexico and the Maelstrom and the train in Germany. But by the time we make it to the middle, we are pooped out (my kids are very young and one still needs to go back to the resort to nap every afternnoon), so we kind of rush through the other side. So I was thinking maybe we would start with Canada this time. So that got me thinking about which side people liked more! I was just curious.

sbkline

I'd probably have to say the Mexico side. Simply because that's where the rides are.

To be totally honest, I am getting kind of bored with World Showcase. I can only get so much enjoyment out of walking in and out of buildings and looking at merchandise that I have no intention of buying. Okay, the buildings are pretty. But so is a nice lake, but I quickly get bored with that, too. :lol: I have to have some kind of entertainment, such as a ride or something. I remember walking through WS in April and just thinking..."ya, okay. Here is Japan, and there's nothing but a big shop with boring Japanese merchandise. Uh huh...time to move on to the next country with nothing to do but look at useless junk". Same with Morocco. Same with Germany, etc.

So ya, put me down for the side that actually has something to DO besides window shop.

And while you're at it, put me down for the "more rides in WS" camp. :lol:

WEDisney

We start left and end right.... as a kid, i'd always love the left side more, because it's where "the rides" were. But...I have started to grow a much fonder appreciation to the right side when sushi and my fascination for France were introduced to my life.

Same here. As I grew so did my appreciation for things other then "rides".

Johnnyboy

Tough way to pose a question . . . . I can't really think of it as two sides, but I'm always up for any WS question . . I would say the west (right) side. I think it also has more atmosphere, plus it has the International Gateway - the bridge and the escape route to the Boardwalk. :sohappy:

I love Germany on the east side so much though. I think they have the best shops and oh, the Biergarten! I always enter WS on the right, haven't spent any time in Mexico (first if you go left) in years but I remember it was pretty cool.

kcnole

We normally make it to WS around 2PM. I like to start on the left to continue in the ride mode so we can see Maelstrom and Mexico then I slowly evolve out of the ride mode into a more relaxed and enjoyable pace of just taking everything in and eating way too much food from each country. To me it works best to slowly pull me out of ride warrior mode into a more touristy type mode.

dandaman

West Side.

westSideStory.jpg

DonaldDoleWhip

Agreed with most people: West Side (Canada - American Adventure). My two favorite pavilions are France and UK. And International Gateway to Beach Club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom