What is your favorite attraction Que?

Mansion Butler

GMR. I love the old memorobelia and then the reel in the theater room. It is very captivating to old movie lovers.

What's the longest you've ever had to stand in line for that?

One day I decided to try and do every ride (not every attraction, just ride) on property in one day, and GMR was my downfall. For some reason, it was more packed than anything else (Spaceship Earth was a strange second) without fast pass in the entire resort, and so I was in line for about an hour. Not THAT long to wait, but when you've seen those trailers for the 5th time, you begin to hate your life.

I wish they had a longer loop of trailers.

DisneyChik17

What's the longest you've ever had to stand in line for that?

One day I decided to try and do every ride (not every attraction, just ride) on property in one day, and GMR was my downfall. For some reason, it was more packed than anything else (Spaceship Earth was a strange second) without fast pass in the entire resort, and so I was in line for about an hour. Not THAT long to wait, but when you've seen those trailers for the 5th time, you begin to hate your life.

I wish they had a longer loop of trailers.

I think we've stood in line for about an hour as well. Yes, the reel can get boring and I always wished they would show whole movies, though I know that could never work. I think the reel should be longer, maybe about 45 minutes.

But you have admit, all the nostalgia built up in there is pretty awesome.

Mansion Butler

I think we've stood in line for about an hour as well. Yes, the reel can get boring and I always wished they would show whole movies, though I know that could never work. I think the reel should be longer, maybe about 45 minutes.

But you have admit, all the nostalgia built up in there is pretty awesome.

Oh, I agree. But imagine if they had trailers for everything you see in the ride, even if it meant cutting together a new trailer if they couldn't find an old one (making it fit period, of course). And maybe even a few more, if it was still too short, to match some of the memorabilia or classic movies that are shown at the end.

Anything, just make sure that it's almost impossible for me to see every trailer twice.

dvcnut39

Hope I don't get flamed for this but my all-time favorite queue is-

1.) Dueling Dragons (Islands of Adventure)

Favorite WDW queue-

1.) Space Mountain

Texzilla

Mine is Spaceship Earth. I know it's basic and there are no real extras along the way, except for the mural with the Astronauts and Cavemen. But I like it because it takes you up into ride and after you get into you time vehicle you're headed up again. So it all ties together.

3IAlienKid

Carousel of Progress

It's really not a themed queue, but I always liked that short video they play just before they seat you in the Carousel of Progress. It's a nice tribute to Walt Disney, and manages to put the show in it's proper historical context.

KBQueenWDW

My favorite queue has got to be at Norway. Although the actual wait line is nothing much, it seems that everytime I'm waiting for that particular ride, some of the strangest (and most entertaining) people happen to be standing right in front of us or behind us. And let me just say, I have lots of interesting memories from waiting in that queue!

CThaddeus

1. Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye (Disneyland)
2. Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin (Disneyland)
3. Star Tours (any location)
4. It's Tough to Be a Bug (Animal Kingdom)
5. Dinosaur (Animal Kingdom, better than the attraction, actually)
6. Muppetvision 3-D (DCA or Disney-MGM)
7. Backlot Tour (Disney-MGM, that prop room has some great stuff in it)
8. Tower of Terror (Disney-MGM, the ride is lame, but the queue is great)
9. Splash Mountain (any location)
10. Pirates of the Caribbean (Magic Kingdom, the attraction is better at Disneyland, but the queue is more impressive at Disney World)
11. Kali River Rapids (Animal Kingdom, if only the attraction was as good)
12. Buzz Lightyear (any location)
I know there are others, but they're not coming to me right now.

It's a Small World. It's always the first ride I go on when I visit and when I'm on that line it makes me feel really happy that I know I'm at WDW.:animwink:

My Favorite Queues...
1. Expedition Everest
2. Tower of Terror
3. Rockin' Roller Coaster
4. Test Track
5. Peter Pan's Flight
6. DINOSAUR
7. Pirates of the Caribbean
8. Great Movie Ride (LOVE THE MOVIES, especially Singin' in the Rain)
9. STAR TOURS
10. Seas with Nemo and Friends

I'm surprised so few mentions for the Grand Daddy of them all Space Mountain :shrug:

For me it's the eerie music the dark lighting as you weave through the tunnel with the anticipation of the ride the lies ahead. I also think the blue glow from the control tower upon entering the loading area is always kind of spine tingling. Then as you line up in the loading area you're able to look up at the ride vehicles zipping about and hear the rattling and the screams from the passengers.

As a kid I used to love watching the tv monitors in that area with the various corny adverts from around the galaxy which changed over the years.

I know compared to some other queues it's quite basic, but for me it's the one that still gives me the best feeling of 'escapism' that I get at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom