What is your favorite __________ at Spaceship Earth

RU42

Original Poster
He's baaaaaaaaaack!

Hello all, did you miss me. My summer has been insane at work and left off my 'Favorite Series' after we completed the World Showcase.

Well, that seemed like fun so I thought we could finish off Epcot and look at Future World.

So...the kick off question is about Spaceship Earth. What is your favorite _______ at or about Spaceship Earth.

It can be from any of the incarnations of the ride.
It can be one specific scene.
This is about what you really enjoy about this ride.

So - as the ride talks about communication - now it is your turn. Tell us about how Spaceship Earth moves you.

RU

Walter

My favorite scene on the best attraction currently at WDW, Space Ship Earth, is the scene after the long light tunnel, where you turn 90 degrees to your right, the music comes to a forte, you hear Jeremy Irons say "...on Space Ship Earth.", and you see Earth in the stars. Perhaps the most breathtaking site that I have ever encountered. Of course, hearing the announcer say "Attention travelers, please remain seated. Your vehicle is rotating backwards for your return to Earth." kind of kills the mood, but that's a different story, entirely.

SirNim

The glittering technological bridge between our Past and our Future... The "Finale" music always comes to a crescendo right there and makes for a pretty powerful image. I also like, of course, coming out of the tunnel and looking up at the vast starfield with Earth in the distance....

Spaceship Earth... the WHOLE ride.... sends chills down my spine... it is VERY well done... :)

RU42

Original Poster
The cresting of the hill is my wife's favorite.

Hard for me to pick a favorite part - I guess I would have to go for the attention to detail of the entire ride. I think that is what is best. Every scene is given the fullest of details, immerses you in the time period.

It is my favorite ride at all Epcot. My poor wife, I drug her on 4 times last time we were there.

RU

mr snrub

most def. the part where you're at the top and you can see the SE panels in the ceiling. And the music is great, and the fiber optic lights are great.

And i wanna strangle the "MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE! LADIES AND GENTELEMN..." girl soooo much :fork:

matt&helen

My favorite part of of SE is the Roman scene. That cartoon background showing all roads lead to Rome, and the scene of Rome burning and the smell of it. Pretty cool.

tmp

Originally posted by matt&helen
My favorite part of of SE is the Roman scene. That cartoon background showing all roads lead to Rome, and the scene of Rome burning and the smell of it. Pretty cool.

Mine too. - I really like the chariot fading in the distance. It is just something I have always liked. The chariot fades away and all of a sudden it is back. I love when the ride gets stuck there. That is another thing I love - getting stuck on SE. I know it sounds stupid, but it just would not be a trip on SE without stopping atleast once.

RU42

Original Poster
Originally posted by tmp
That is another thing I love - getting stuck on SE.

LOL - me too! You get a chance to absorb the entire scene. Talking about this ride makes we want to pull out one of my videos.

RU

AriBelle23

I am really not one for slow moving rides, but for some reason Spaceship Earth has just always amazed me, every single time I go on it is just breathtaking. I always make sure we ride at least twice whenever we are there. My favorite part is also the glittering bridge and the city in lights...I think the colors and scene is just soooooo beautiful. I also love the music at that part. Music can make anything 10 times more amazing than it already is, music plays such a huge part in my life, and the arrangement in this section of SE is just incredible.

I have to say the most annoying thing that happened to us is when they have to stop every now and then, obviously you are going to be stopped in one area or another, but for us one time we were stopped right in front of the "extra extra read all about it!" boy. They turned down the volume of everything, but not enough to make it less annoying. Why couldn't we be stopped at the crazy lights, or the bridge or Earth??? lol ...It just makes it that much more interesting I guess. :)

fjm777

The sleeping monk is my favorite.

But how about the little girl watching TV.
Does she look real or what? It is almost scary.

This is my faorite ride too. My wife and kids always say

"NOT AGAIN !!!"

Walter

Originally posted by mr snrub
And i wanna strangle the "MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE! LADIES AND GENTELEMN..." girl soooo much :fork:

:lol: I feel your pain! I have to duck down at the end of every ride that I take just to not get those needles stabbed into my ears!

I like everybody's points on the music. SE has perhaps the most beautiful musical score of any attaction in history. I love the music in the roman section, and in the future city light tunnel section.

goofyfan13

Can I say the entire ride? From the beginning to the end, I love the music and I love how relaxing the ride is. But if I had to pick one scene it would probobly be the top of the ride, with planet earth and the stars, truely a breathtaking moment.

mr snrub

Originally posted by fjm777
The sleeping monk is my favorite.

the guy in front of me on the ride one time yelled "wake up" and thought it was a real guy.

not bad for an effect from 1982, eh? (unless it came after the early 90s rehab)

epcotfan

Gosh, I love the whole ride. I especially like the projected cavemen entrance images. I like the Renaissance, teenage boy/girl bedroom scene, and communication tunnel. Love the whole ride soundtrack. I especially love the area outdoor music loop that is played around SE.

barnum42

Another vote for the dome at the very top with the Earth surrounded by stars.

As an aside, does anyone know why Jeremy Irons puts on an American accent for the commentary?

meeko_33785

Out of everything in Spaceship Earth, I would have to say that my favorite thing was the song "Tomorrow's Child" that use to be in it. It is such a beautiful song. The ride's not one of my favorites at WDW, but the song definatly is.

RU42

Original Poster
I agree with what a lot of the posts are pointing out - the music is incredible in this ride.

RU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom