What is your best Walt Disney World Tip?

brianhorn

my familys biggest one is taking an empty water bottle filling it with the water fountains,
then at lunch have the sugary fizzy drinks so you dont end up spending lots and carrying round a soggy paper cup!

Most of the snack bars will fill your water bottle with ice and water at no charge. We carry an insulated one and it stays cold for a long time.

DisneyGigi

I think we're all forgetting a very important one: Have fun!!

Your there to spend time with your family, children or loved ones, enjoy it, enjoy the moments and just have fun.

Take time to breathe it all in, and enjoy the little moments as they come and don't worry about doing this of doing that, just enjoy the people you came with. The true 'magic' of the parks will appear when you are having fun with your loved ones!!

Excellent tip! It is a vacation. :wave:
Here is my tip: Take plenty of pictures and video. I love to snap photos of my kids when they are not even aware I am taking a picture, you get the best ones that way.

Disney4Eva

A good random tip my family loves is if the line for the express monorail to the Magic Kingdom at the TTC is too long/crowded, just use the resort monorail. It makes quick stops at the deluxe resorts, but it does get to the Magic Kingdom after that. If anything, the stops just give you a little more time to relax ^_^

Figment82

If you're planning on buying a lot of souvenirs at a park or DtD, you can have it sent to the front of the park or your Disney resort so you don't have to carry it around all day.

If you do package pick-up:
-you'll need to remain in the park for at least 3 hours, or be planning to come back to the park later in the day
-you need to have the items sent before the cut-off time (which is usually 2-3 hours before park closing)

If you do hotel delivery:
-you will need to be staying at your resort until the next evening as the packages are delivered after 1pm the following day
-you need to have the items sent before the cut-off time (which is usually 2-3 hours before park closing) otherwise it will take 2 days for the items to arrive
-the packages are delivered to your resort hotel, not your room (unless you are staying concierge at the Grand Floridian)

You can NOT send any food products, so make sure you don't buy 200 lolipops with the intent of sending them to the front! You'll either end up having to carry them all day, or having to come back later on your way out.

jim1051

suffer - get up early & go to parks at opening. Usually this pays big time dividends allowing for a nap in the afternoon if you need it.

kennyj29

If you've been to Disney numerous times just relax. We finally did that last year for the first time. Really took in the views, sat and did people watching. We looked through all the shops. Stopped and watched the birds in the water. Took video of things we didn't even think of normally. We've been so many times that if a line is too long, we just skip it and go on our way. It was one of the most enjoyable things we've ever done. We still get up early and do early entry, etc. but we don't kill ourselves to get everything done. It was a wonderful trip last year and we are looking to do more of the same this year. :D :D

santa's surpriz

I hit the Disney Store sales & I leave disney dollars out each morning from with a card with what I planned for the day from Santa or Tinkerbell. It saves a lot of the I want this and that. Sometimes I go as far as leaving a map and scavenger hunt. I fill in the sights I don't want to miss and things I think are must dos for my daughter.

I also pack a few healthy snacks, veggies, grapes, and apple slices with cheese and crackers. It is a great pick me up with out all the sugar and it helps pass time with the long lines.

Carry first aid essentials.

Timmay

You only need two tips to have a good time.

The single most important tip you can get is…don’t take every tip you receive from different people as being right for you…including this tip.

Some examples: Water is not water…the water at WDW is some of the foulest swill I have ever tasted. It is worth it to me to bring extra money so I can get bottled water. I don’t even get ice in the drinks I order.

Space Mountain isn’t always the busiest: When we take our trips in January, SM is usually a walk on, with Big Thunder a 30-40 minute wait.

So see, things that work for some just may not work for you…which leads us to tip #2.

Do your homework!! Do some serious planning and read as much as you can. Visit this board as well as others. Have a good idea as to what you want to do and what your schedule is before you get to WDW. If you have never been before, don’t just show up hope for the best. Find out what parks are busy on what days and during what time of year.

Oh, wait…there is a third.

HAVE SOME FUN!!!

Can you explain this a little more?

I just meant that they will note it on your reservation ...and they will recognize it when you go to dinner ...with congratulations or maybe with a special little treat ... desert or certificate or something. Often the hotel will also leave you a suprise in your room ... like for our honeymoon they left us a signed picture and balloons! Its just makes the trip that more magical!

WDWEric

Original Poster
When we were on our honeymoon we got an autograph picture of minnie and mickey that said congradulations on it!

Rufus T Firefly

Here's what we did on our last trip. We filled one entire suitcase with bottled water (a must) and non-perishable snacks. By the end of our stay, the suitcase was empty and we had a place to pack all of the wonderful things that we had picked up.

Montyboy

Nemo is showing her wisdom. There is no fine for missing something. If my daughter wants to hang around the pool until 2 in the afternoon without going to a park it's... uhm, fine.

MMOUSE07

When ever there is a parade on in Magic Kingdom it is always quicker to get to the front of the park by going through all the shops as they connect!

If you want to get some snacks and drinks the go to Hess Express at Downtown Disney and get some supplies..

DAKOTADISNEY

We've had great luck at DisneyWorld and Disneyland going in January or February. Even though we have to take our kids out of school it seems worth it when we can walk on to most rides and not have to fight the crowds.

Disneybub

If there is something you REALLY REALLY want to do make sure you do it - its the worse thing in the world to put something off and think "I'll do it later" and not get around to it, if you don't go very often its a long time to wait for something you wanted to see/do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom