What Is Your BEST MEMORY At Walt Disney World?

radiohost

Original Poster
Could be long, could be short. But when it comes to memories while a guest at WDW, well, they can be the best memory one has.

Mine, Ill never forget the moment when I first layed eyes upon the castle, nestled away from the rest of the world, and embraced by a world of fantasy and imagination...THAT is a memory you will never forget.

Another memory is when I first saw Fantasmic! My goodness what an amazing show!! It made me witness all the magic Disney has to offer, whether it be on film or through charecters.

And finally, another BEST memory is when I found the love of my life, my girfriend and future wife at the happiest place on earth while a cast member last year with the Walt Disney World College Program as an intern....

Great Memories, Great Magic, Pure Disney

Radiohost:cool:

Alztybrn

I had been dozens of time prior to having children, but the first time my daughter (2 at the time) saw all the characters in the Share a Dream parade is easily my favorite. To see her eyes light up will never be forgotten. I will never discourage a parent from bringing a 2 y/o to Disney. The memories from that trip are amazing.

Teenchy

I had so many that I'm not sure which one I would pick...that was until Dec.16th 2006....My wedding day at WDW!!!!! :sohappy: Dont know if I could ever top it!

If you would like the details why, read my wedding story in the link in my signature.

Mickey&Minnie

My favorite memory is with my husband on our honeymoon. It was my first time to ever visit the world but my husband had visited four times before. I was like a little kid taking it all in. We still love to look back and just laugh about the magical experience we shared together. Now everytime we go back, we have traditions that we will never forget.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Mine has to be from our first trip. I took DS-[then5] and my ex-wife for a week 'as a family'. We rode Space Mountain and it scared the bejeezus outta me! I honestly thought I was going to fall out of the car! I got off the ride and said "That was fun, but I'm never doing it again!". Later, we rode ToT, DS came off the ride and said "That was fun, but I'm never doing it again!". Finally, we rode Dinosaur and, you guessed it... the ex said "That was fun, but I'm never doing it again!". :ROFLOL:

It became a running joke on future trips. In fact, I rode Space the next trip and discovered that my restraining bar hadn't been lowered properly the first ride! :eek: I had been scared that I could fall out, because I could have fallen out! Once I rode with the bar properly in place, I loved the ride! DS has ridden ToT several times since, enjoying every time and complaining before going on that he hates the ride and doesn't want to go, then going and having a great time, only to complain again the next time :lol:

The Ex never did ride Dinosaur again... but then we don't take her any more :lookaroun

goodolgm

It wasn't Disney directly affecting me, but on the next-to-last day of my College Program, I went to MK before I had work that night. I watched Dream Along With Mickey, which is my second favorite show on property. Anywho, the ending came up, and as all the characters were performing the finale, I couldn't help but notice this little girl about three feet away, I'd say around three years old...she was dancing, clapping along, pointing to Mickey and Minnie, smiling the entire time. Just the most beautiful thing, observing the joy Disney brings people, especially kids. I'll never forget her.

mcfly530

I saw Doug Flutie @ BTMR on two separate occasions, once on an E-ticket night in 99 and again during the day in 2004.

I've had plenty of great memories but that was the best story.

tevange365

Sharing so many memories with everyone in my family but the greatest was when my son was walking for the very first time up Main St. it was just awesome , just returned from his 7th trip he is 6 and all he talks about is WDW ......

Uponastar

So many it's hard to choose.
But shortly after 9-11 dh got picked to do the flag retreat at the MK.
That was really special!

gettingsmaller

A little off-topic, but this seems as good a place to ask as any, considering it was just used...
I've been reading here a little while, and I THINK I have it figured out from context, but can someone enlighten me? What are "DH", "DS", "DD", etc. when referring to people?

Thanks!

Oh, and... hmmm... my favorite memory... probably watching my wife's face on ToT (she likes it)...

wbt06

my favorite was two years ago my family went to Disney two weeks before Christmas. the park was empty all day and we where able to walk on splash mountain 4 times in a row. we where the last regular guests in the park to ride the ride(the Christmas event was starting) and we where standing waiting for the log to come up so we could get on and the cm was messing with us. every time she opened the gate she would close it again right before we could get threw. this lasted for 5 min until we realized the cm standing next to us was not doing this but the one across from us. once on the ride we decided to sit in the seats back wards(i know probably not smart but it was fun) it made the ride so much funner. now you cant even rock a log without being yelled at

kybred72

wow! a lot of magical memories at the World but one that stands out in my mind was spending 14 days at Disney on my Honeymoon. We were walking down Main St just after an afternoon rainshower, seeing the castle straight ahead and the most beautiful rainbow behind it. That whole day was magical including riding in the front of the monorail and crying happy tears while watching the SpectroMagic parade at night....

Uponastar

A little off-topic, but this seems as good a place to ask as any, considering it was just used...
I've been reading here a little while, and I THINK I have it figured out from context, but can someone enlighten me? What are "DH", "DS", "DD", etc. when referring to people?

Thanks!

Oh, and... hmmm... my favorite memory... probably watching my wife's face on ToT (she likes it)...

Depending on who you talk to the "d" can stand for "dear" "darling" or "Disney". :lol:
The "h" is husband, "s" son, etc.

gettingsmaller

Another "favorite memory" is really a set of memories that I can barely pull up--EPCOT on my first ever visit (only been 3 times) about 20 years ago...
There's a lot I don't remember until I see pictures or video, but--man--that was a great time--and Epcot was a little more 'special' back then to me (maybe not as 'thrilling', but more futuristic feeling--and I've always been the sort that likes educational things...).
My family likes Test Track, but I'd love to be able to get on the World of Motion again... or Horizons... but, then, I'm a sucker for dark ride dioramas...

poisienpatch

I have so many memories it is so hard to pick one... I think the best one would be last year in March 2006 when we were able to bring my niece with us. My niece had gone through so in the past few years from her Mom ( My sister) trying to kill her, to going to live with Grandpa and Grandma ( My parents) to getting placed back with Mom to Mom getting married and then almost beat to death by her step Dad to be dragged in and out of court for Domestic violence victim. It was so neat.... I ran ahead with the video camera and my husband took my four year old daughter and my niece Nina in to the MK... when they walked in and saw the Castle and all the characters it was so neat to see the eyes on the girls light up. Then during the vacation they got picked to help in the Parade at MGM and got special certificates, they got to participate in the Festival of the Lion King and then on the Parade at Animal Kingdom every character stopped by and shook their hands.... not one past them by without shaking their hand. Thank good ness for digital camera's and the memory cards because we took lots of pictures. :ROFLOL: My niece talks about the vacation all the time and a week after we got back she mailed us a letter asking if she could be our daughter. We are going again May 6-13 of this year! WOO HOO!

poisienpatch

My Niece on Vacation with us

47b7dc06b3127cce823f54843c3200000016100AZOGbhw1ZtWMg

My niece is the One who is the oldest on the left of the picture, my daughter on the right.

47b7dc06b3127cce823f5491bd1700000016100AZOGbhw1ZtWMg

doop

The best feeling happens on every trip. I love driving through the main gates, it's an inexplicable feeling that comes over you, I can't really explain it other than that it is a VERY happy feeling. However, to define a moment, I'd have to say after the first time I rode ToT in 1997. I knew it was my favorite attraction right when I saw it, the sheer size of it was impressive. I had never experienced a ride that had made me shake before, but unlike most people, I enjoyed being scared out of my mind and was hooked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom