What is the worst thing about WDW currently?

What is the biggest disappointment about WDW today?

• Lack of Cast Member engagement

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • No pictures with characters

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Lack of quantity and or choices

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Rise in cost of all park food, merchandise, and experiences

Votes: 97 48.5%
  • Difficulty using new Genie + system

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • No trams running

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Reduction of parades

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Nothing-The parks are just as great as ever

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Other-enter your response in your reply

Votes: 35 17.5%

• Total voters

DisneyHead123

I haven’t actually been recently so didn’t vote, but one thing I didn’t see listed was rides breaking down. I’m not clear on why these are so much more frequent now but I’m envisioning myself trapped on Ratatouille for 50 minutes with a screaming toddler, waiting to be let out… 😱😱

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Other - lack of live entertainment. This is not a recent issue, but a decline that has been going on for 20+ years. I so fondly remember the days when I could go to Epcot and in the course of an hour or so, catch Future Corps, the Jammitors, Off Kilter, and the original Hat Lady at Rose and Crown and then head to Studios to see The Hollywood Hitmen - and maybe catch the Tubafours playing on the Boardwalk along the way. And that's without even touching on the different improv shows that used to happen in UK at Epcot and all the Streetmosphere in Studios. Happily, I can still catch two of those (sort-of) with Jammitors and Carol in UK (not currently at Rose and Crown due to COVID), but that's a pretty low percentage.

Lilofan

Other - lack of live entertainment. This is not a recent issue, but a decline that has been going on for 20+ years. I so fondly remember the days when I could go to Epcot and in the course of an hour or so, catch Future Corps, the Jammitors, Off Kilter, and the original Hat Lady at Rose and Crown and then head to Studios to see The Hollywood Hitmen - and maybe catch the Tubafours playing on the Boardwalk along the way. And that's without even touching on the different improv shows that used to happen in UK at Epcot and all the Streetmosphere in Studios. Happily, I can still catch two of those (sort-of) with Jammitors and Carol in UK (not currently at Rose and Crown due to COVID), but that's a pretty low percentage.
Lack of live " real entertainment " then we get Mulch Sweat and Shears for NYE / DHS. Gone are the days pre 9/11 when Cheap Trick performed an intimate NYE show at the end of NY Street at DHS before Lights Motor Action was even built.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Lack of live " real entertainment " then we get Mulch Sweat and Shears for NYE / DHS. Gone are the days pre 9/11 when Cheap Trick performed an intimate NYE show at the end of NY Street at DHS before Lights Motor Action was even built.

And don't even get me started about the live acts that would be performing nightly at PI (even the local 'regular' groups put on pretty decent shows, and a couple of the clubs often got decent headliners).

Chi84

Premium Member
And don't even get me started about the live acts that would be performing nightly at PI (even the local 'regular' groups put on pretty decent shows, and a couple of the clubs often got decent headliners).
That brings back memories! Do you remember a group called either Freddie or Frankie and the West End Boys? My kids loved them.

pluto77

I voted for costs, but I actually would change my vote to other and say park reservations. If Genie+ is supposed to create more “spontaneity,” which is one reason they used for implementing Genie+, then having to make a park reservation is more than cancelling that out.

KBLovedDisney

Disney Aladdin GIF

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
For me it's a tie between EMH not coming back in the same capacity and legacy FastPass not existing anymore (which I know has been the case for a long time at this point 😂).

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m starting to agree. The parks are showing limited availability the last week of April - well after spring break and a full week past Easter. Even with revenge vacations there’s no way the parks should be at capacity. If this continues it’s going to be a major deterrent for future vacations.
It certainly makes it difficult. We are planning to do Marathon weekend, that means we need to get races (which sell out), get park reservations (which sell out), get hotels (which sell out), and we’re also doing Castaway Cay challenge which means reserving the Wish (which will likely sell out but is the one thing we’ve thankfully been able to book already).

They all book at separate times so there’s a distinct possibility we could spend thousands booking some things and then not be able to go to the parks or have a place to stay, it’s unlikely but terrifying, spending $10k and not being guaranteed to get into the parks seems ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom