What is the worst thing about WDW currently?

What is the biggest disappointment about WDW today?

• Lack of Cast Member engagement

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • No pictures with characters

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Lack of quantity and or choices

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Rise in cost of all park food, merchandise, and experiences

Votes: 97 48.5%
  • Difficulty using new Genie + system

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • No trams running

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Reduction of parades

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Nothing-The parks are just as great as ever

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Other-enter your response in your reply

Votes: 35 17.5%

• Total voters

DfromATX

Genie+. It's not difficult. I just don't like it. I prefer fast passes that are free. Oddly enough, the park reservations don't bother me, but I'm the type who plans what park I'll be at each day anyway.

macefamily

Price increases, Genie program, and long wait times. We knew before the pandemic that Disney was kicking around a "buy extra fast passes" program, but I figured they'd hold these extra charges for a few years. No way. They jumped right into it.
We may have been spoiled with our pandemic visits, but wait times have tripled. This all started when the LL/Genie program was implemented.

NickMaio

Price increases, Genie program, and long wait times. We knew before the pandemic that Disney was kicking around a "buy extra fast passes" program, but I figured they'd hold these extra charges for a few years. No way. They jumped right into it.
We may have been spoiled with our pandemic visits, but wait times have tripled. This all started when the LL/Genie program was implemented.
Coincidence.............hmmmm

Vegas Disney Fan

Less people isn't the only answer. Ramping up attraction capacity does the same thing. Exhibit A: Disneyland.
DL has been bursting at the seems and seeing 1-2 hour waits lately also.

I feel like DL and MK are at max capacity even if they add more rides, the paths, stores, restaurants, bathrooms, etc can’t handle the current numbers, another ride might decrease wait times a bit but all the other choke points and overcrowding problems remain.

All the non castle parks could benefit from more rides and increased capacity but I think the only solution to decrease crowding at DL and MK at this point is a third castle park in middle America to syphon away some of the crowds from DL and MK. Even adding a 5th gate at WDW won’t really help because everyone will still go to the castle park, they’ll just skip AK or HS instead.

drizgirl

DL has been bursting at the seems and seeing 1-2 hour waits lately also.

I feel like DL and MK are at max capacity even if they add more rides, the paths, stores, restaurants, bathrooms, etc can’t handle the current numbers, another ride might decrease wait times a bit but all the other choke points and overcrowding problems remain.

All the non castle parks could benefit from more rides and increased capacity but I think the only solution to decrease crowding at DL and MK at this point is a third castle park in middle America to syphon away some of the crowds from DL and MK. Even adding a 5th gate at WDW won’t really help because everyone will still go to the castle park, they’ll just skip AK or HS instead.
Disneyland still handles it better. But I agree the non-castle parks have it much worse. It's ridiculous how bad those other 3 parks are. It's why FP+ was tiered in those parks and it's why G+ is so frustrating for people in those parks right now. Those parks are just flat out woefully underserved by attractions for the number of visitors. At this point, Disney isn't selling a line skipping program. They're selling a ride rationing system.

jprieur

they say a picture is worth a thousand words . . .
IMG_7011.jpeg

GimpYancIent

I see the Disney properties offerings as entertainment that has been priced to the point where the guests / clients / travelers (you pick your own descriptor) have high expectations. When the reality that the expected quality is not there, the service is not there, and additional fees / costs are there. Well simply put it is disappointing, frustrating and in some it will trigger resentment. It is not about how much wealth you have; it is about do you feel you received your money's worth while at a Disney property? Do you want to go back?

noquacks

What’s the worse thing about WDW currently?

Lookin for the bad /worst things is actually a good way to find improvements. A big item for business models. ISO certified Companies make this a central part of improvements which are actually required by ISO certified Companies, whether Disney is or not. Even if not, improvements are an integral part of a successful business, like Disney.

Last edited by a moderator:

mf1972

i voted for costs, but i would like to add other guests to that. most we’ve encountered are fine, but it seems on every trip there are people who are selfish & entitled

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom