What is the worst thing about WDW currently?

What is the biggest disappointment about WDW today?

• Lack of Cast Member engagement

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • No pictures with characters

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Lack of quantity and or choices

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Rise in cost of all park food, merchandise, and experiences

Votes: 97 48.5%
  • Difficulty using new Genie + system

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • No trams running

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Reduction of parades

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Nothing-The parks are just as great as ever

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Other-enter your response in your reply

Votes: 35 17.5%

• Total voters

Cmdr_Crimson

059eaec9a673e6bd6eba5a6451a91643.png

Weather_Lady

I voted for Genie+, even though we haven't personally used it yet.

It seems to be having such a deleterious effect on wait times during moderate-high crowds (driving up standby lines for everyone, all the "good" ILL reservations gone by mid-day), we're actually thinking of nixing our planned February visit. It was only intended to be a couple of day trips -- hopping over from Universal, where we're spending President's Day week, to use some complimentary 2-day parkhoppers we received in compensation for a Boo Bash bust -- but we're not convinced we want to stand in long lines for everything all day, even for "free," and we certainly don't want to pay $60/day for the four of us to get the equivalent of just one or two Fastpasses -- or in the case of the ILL rides, $60 just to [pause for dry heave] ride a ride one time.

Plus, the only new thing since our last visit (besides restaurants like the Space 220 lounge that just went ADR-only but which we won't be able to obtain ADRs for, since our window would only be 60 days and they'll already be gone) is Ratatouille, and there's no guarantee we'd even be able to do it, since getting a spot in the virtual queue, as offsite guests sans Genie+, presents additional challenges.

On the other hand, it might be fun to go even if we don't get to do much: it's just so hard to guess this far out. It's a pickle!

Last edited:

Graham9

In no particular order...

1. Hotels now too expensive to stay at.
2. Park price increases
3. Hotel parking fees
4. GENIE+ and having to pay extra for certain rides.
5. Having to make Park reservations
6. No park hopping before 2pm.
7. Magic hours for deluxe hotel guests only

tpoly88

In no particular order...

1. Hotels now too expensive to stay at.
2. Park price increases
3. Hotel parking fees
4. GENIE+ and having to pay extra for certain rides.
5. Having to make Park reservations
6. No park hopping before 2pm.
7. Magic hours for deluxe hotel guests only
I think the park reservations are annoying and unwarranted anymore. Mask policy too. get up to the times!

castlecake2.0

I think people who complain about the park reservation system need to be transported back in time to the first 24 hour party as they watch PAC cast throw strollers into the rose garden so people could even walk through the hub and see if they change their mind. I’d rather be denied entrance in advance than get there and be absolutely miserable.

I went with other: guest sloppiness

NickMaio

As a frequent WDW visitor who has visited recently for the first time since the pandemic, I notice a lot of things that are so different and disappointing. I wanted to know what the most important disappointing difference between now and pre-pandemic WDW
What about ..... ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Diamond Dot

Guest behaviour, especially when I read about and see the increasing number of videos of guests brawling, either with family members or complete strangers. My plan is to steer well clear of trouble, say nothing to any guest jumping the line, smoking or other rule breaking as I don't want a punch in the chops in return.

Freshee61

I went with other: the shoddy maintenance. There are an embarrassing number of broken effects and other issues on attractions throughout the parks.

And it's not just attractions; there are other maintenance issues scattered around as well.
Agreed, missing doll in its a small world & space left just like that... not even a cover over the the floor & broken hawiian doll on my last trip left just broken. & bathrooms not being upkept in parks and dont get me started on every other day house keeping due to "covid" in resorts *eyes roll*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom