What is The Weirdest Thing you've seen while you were at WDW?

I_heart_Tigger

How's this for an unusual site...hopefully it's unusual anyway. On my resort bus a woman was complaining loudly how she had to stand. Everyone in my party (along with about 20 other people) were standing as well.

She just kept saying she was so tired, just SOOO tired, she's exhausted and it's been such a long day and now she has to STAND???!! :rolleyes: What i don't get is why she got on the bus. She was at the front and the last one on so why not just wait for the next bus when you know you'll get a seat.

Anyway a man at the middle of the bus told her to take his seat and she happily did.

The unusual part is that he had one leg...yes ONE LEG! He had an artificial leg but was having a problem with it. he and his partner were discussing having to fix something on it when they got back to the room and getting a wheelchair at the resort.

His partner was already standing but everyone was getting sick and tired of her whining. A mother with a sleeping child on her lap offered him her seat but he declined saying that he was fine for a short ride. So he hung onto two poles in the aisle while his partner held their bags and the artificial leg.

seriously...would she steal candy from a baby, too?:mad:

GoofyMom2

I've seen some very strange outfits, so many that don't make sense for a family park, in Florida. Tight jeans, cowboy boots in 100 degree heat, tons of jewelry (can't forget to wear that 20 lb necklace!), short, shorts on people who should not be wearing them, including teens w/ their families, high heels.

Also never understand the women loading on the makeup in the restrooms......while I am sweating to death and could care less if my eyeshadow is perfect, or even if I have any on!

Funny thing but maybe not strange: woman taking flash photos during Soarin'. What exactly did she think they would show?

Also saw a dad on a very full bus, in his seat holding the folded stroller which was pretty much mashed into his face because we were so packed in. He was also holding a balloon and had a child sound asleep on the tiny piece of his shoulder peeking out. It was pretty funny.

kdavis

Hmmm... public urination seems to be a theme... so I'll add my story...

My wife and I were on the Keys to the Kingdom tour in September of 2007. While backstage, behind Splash Mountain, our guide was telling us about the water filtration system for the attraction and, while she was talking, an old guy in our group (on an ECV), drove away from the rest of us, parked 50 yards or so away, near a paint tent, got off his scooter and relieved himself right then and there. Funniest part was that - at the time - the Goofy statue which usually sits in front of the Exposition Hall was backstage being rehabbed. So, while this guy was peeing, Goofy sat there, stripped of his paint, tipping his hat and grinning at the guy.

AZDISNEYDVL

I would definately have to go with the Beatles tribute band stalker. She seems to change costumes to go with the theme of that set and dances along as if she is part of the group.

Lokheed

One time on the bus ride back to our resort from MK we had a lady come on with her daughter (maybe 7 or 8 yrs old). The daughter was hysterically screaming. ... Anyway, the entire drive back to the resort (in the dark) the daughter was screaming, cursing and hitting her mom. Her fists were flying non stop. The mom could barely contain her. It was so bad that she ended up hitting the mom and young child next to them too. ...Finally a man from the back of the bus walked up to the girl and grabbed her in a body lock. We quickly figured out it must have been her dad

I have been in that position with my (autistic) son, on more than one occasion. Thankfully he doesn't have nearly as many meltdowns these days, but a few weeks ago I had to physically pick him up, put him over my shoulder, and carry him out of the line for Peter Pan because he started randomly hitting and kicking other people in line. I am sure I looked like a complete jerk to a lot of people watching, hauling up my teenage son and carrying him out like a bag of potatoes, but in that confined line there was no way I could control him and protect innocent bystanders without completely obstructing the queue for a prolonged period of time. At least I had the option to physically remove him from the situation and take him somewhere quiet and with no other people within arm's reach. Dealing with a meltdown like that on a crowded bus, well that's just a living nightmare for everyone involved.

JustInTime

That reminds me of a very scary lady who used to come to DHS every day. When the HSM2 pep rally was running, this woman (probably in her mid fifties) dressed like a cheerleader and came to watch EVERY show. After the show she disappeared, and when it came rolling back out, BAM! She came running down the street, waving pom-poms. :eek: I later talked to a dancer who told me he saw a every day, at every show. But when they changed it to HSM3, she stopped coming. Haven't seen her since the last performance of HSM2.

is this her?

http://www.facebook.com/linda.skywalker

mickey7879

Thank you all for reminding me why we rent a car and drive on property.I hate the bus rides and will never go back!

We've either rented a car or have had our own there for the past few years. I couldn't imagine going back and having strictly Disney transportation. I like the freedom of being able to go where I want, when I want and not being on a crowded bus. I remember what those poor parents look like when they bring their sleeping child in one arm and a stroller in another. I feel so bad for them (and the people around) but know they don't have much of a choice.

Bigeagle

Hello, On 3 separate occasions, sept. '07, sept. '08, dec. '08 at the GF resort lobby we saw an old lady kinda dressed up with a really bad wig and a pile of luggage and gift bags sitting near on the same couch near the piano in the lobby of the GF resort. She was very strange looking almost dressed like a character from DHS streetmosphere sitting in the same location all three times we were there. I told my wife that she probably travels in sept. and dec. the same time we do and it is probably just a coincidence that we saw her multiple times. Anyone else seen her? MikeB

YES! We just returned from WDW (visited 8/9-8/16, 2009) and had dinner one night at the GF---the person/character you described was there that night, sitting in that very same location. I noticed, but didn't point it out to my family, and didn't think of it again until now...anybody know anything else about this person??

Horizons1

Not really weird, but almost every time I go to EPCOT, I always see a man on a wheelchair.

Except he has his chair decked out in fiber optic lights (looks cool at night) & some patriotic stuff here and there.

I've seen him too. My parents have actually talked to him. He rolled right up next to my father, who also happened to be in a wheelchair, and started a casual conversation. From what they said he seems like a nice, ordinary guy who likes to ride around with some style.

GrannyJill2

Well, I thought it was weird to see a woman strutting along in Epcot in high (very high) heels.

Was she wearing black spandex? I think I saw her or her twin sister last year while we were in EPCOT. Lots of makeup, black hair piled high on her head, very high heels, and extremely tight clothing with her top deck busting :) out. She was quite a sight to behold.

GrannyJill2

I've seen him too. My parents have actually talked to him. He rolled right up next to my father, who also happened to be in a wheelchair, and started a casual conversation. From what they said he seems like a nice, ordinary guy who likes to ride around with some style.

We saw him in front of the American Pavilion at EPCOT last December. He was so cheerful and quite an eyecatcher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom