What is the theme of the TTC?

Cmdr_Crimson

It looks more like a Mcdonalds playset to me.

Shhhh! Don't give them ideas...Oh wait...
hqdefault.jpg

Nevermind..............

Goofyernmost

Personally I cannot think of a single thing that should be lower on the priority list then doing anything with TTC. It is a utility location, set up to get you to the "fun" stuff and not there for your viewing entertainment. It is bright colorful (something that so many seem to find undesirable. I guess basic black would be the way to go.) If they spent one nickel on it before the rest of resort is fixed up... I'd be calling for management purging. It is sort of the same thing as the buses. Even though I like the new looks they are also utility, designed to make it so you don't have to walk all over the resort to get to the good stuff.

Matt_Black

Personally I cannot think of a single thing that should be lower on the priority list then doing anything with TTC. It is a utility location, set up to get you to the "fun" stuff and not there for your viewing entertainment. It is bright colorful (something that so many seem to find undesirable. I guess basic black would be the way to go.) If they spent one nickel on it before the rest of resort is fixed up... I'd be calling for management purging. It is sort of the same thing as the buses. Even though I like the new looks they are also utility, designed to make it so you don't have to walk all over the resort to get to the good stuff.

A visitor to your house is, ideally, not going to spend a lot of time on the front porch, but you still want it looking decent enough.

Cmdr_Crimson

You'd think they would at least theme it to how the hotels on the resort line line up with the thematics of the area
like Contemporary with Tomorrowland or Poly with Adventureland...
Contemporary%20Resort%20003a.jpg

If it could be rethemed to a look of Main Street Station with an early 1900's vibe to align with that continued theme..
wdw_railroad_main_street1.jpg

Goofyernmost

A visitor to your house is, ideally, not going to spend a lot of time on the front porch, but you still want it looking decent enough.
Well, maybe that's the problem I have with it. I don't see anything that isn't fine. If any visitors to my house want to spend time "dating" the design and color pattern of my porch then they are much to obsessive to be concern about and will probably never be invited back again. I think the funny thing about it is that I would venture a guess that most of the people that would be upset about it, were no more then just barely out of diapers in the 90's. There is nothing about it that says 90's to me, but, then again that is something I really don't care much about. I think it is interesting and denotes a place that is fun and whimsical and not what year it was thought of.

GenerationX

It has plenty of themes.

First, there is Space Land. Here, futuristic humanoids from mission control help you dock your vehicle into its yellow-lined space port. From there, you catch a relaxing ride on the TTC's TTA-like tram, which allows you to take selfies while you hear the times for events on that star date.

Then, you enter Line Land, also known as Queueville. This area is themed after turnstiles and holding areas. If you already have a ticket, you're ready to play its interactive queue game. This is where you get to choose between the express monorail, the resort monorail, the boat, and walking as to which will get you to the Magic Kingdom the quickest. Once you've made your choice, you're certain to see the other lines move faster. Too late!

Finally, at the end of the day, you are in for a treat when you visit the Pac(k)-Man Land at the TTC. Your goal here is to avoid the roaming ghests and find a path through the yellow gates leading you to a coveted seat on a cram tram back to Space Land.

Goofyernmost

The Theme is... park your car, get on a bus, boat or monorail and get your butt to where the entertainment is. In other words, welcome in, now get the heck out. How would one theme a traffic circle?

jimbojones

The Theme is... park your car, get on a bus, boat or monorail and get your butt to where the entertainment is. In other words, welcome in, now get the heck out. How would one theme a traffic circle?
It feels fun and retro futuristic to me, I get excited about what it to come when I am at the TTC. When I think 90's I think flannel and grunge music but I too am not really seeing anything that is any more or less dated than the rest of WDW. Truly good design is timeless so they say.

Goofyernmost

It feels fun and retro futuristic to me, I get excited about what it to come when I am at the TTC. When I think 90's I think flannel and grunge music but I too am not really seeing anything that is any more or less dated than the rest of WDW. Truly good design is timeless so they say.
That is pretty much what I was saying in my first posts... see below
I think the funny thing about it is that I would venture a guess that most of the people that would be upset about it, were no more then just barely out of diapers in the 90's. There is nothing about it that says 90's to me, but, then again that is something I really don't care much about. I think it is interesting and denotes a place that is fun and whimsical and not what year it was thought of. Personally I cannot think of a single thing that should be lower on the priority list then doing anything with TTC. It is a utility location, set up to get you to the "fun" stuff and not there for your viewing entertainment. It is bright colorful (something that so many seem to find undesirable. I guess basic black would be the way to go.) If they spent one nickel on it before the rest of resort is fixed up... I'd be calling for management purging. It is sort of the same thing as the buses. Even though I like the new looks they are also utility, designed to make it so you don't have to walk all over the resort to get to the good stuff.

Flynnwriter

The TTC has no theme. It has functionality as its goal. Like a parking structure, its intent is to safely and efficiently keep people moving. That being said, the core design esthetic is pure 70s, with a low, sleek profile that looks better in plan view than in person. The colorful graphics package is definitely 90s and was part of the resort wide way finding program. I too agree it needs some remodeling to give it a renewed sense of modernity and a greater level of show. Just please don’t paint it 20 colors like communicore and call it reimagined.

Elias

The TTC has always been, without a doubt, the ugliest thing at WDW. I so wish they would replace it with something much nicer. But, I don't suppose there is an ROI on that project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom