What is the most over-rated and under-rated restaurants in WDW?

OneofThree

This is a tough question because quality and service seems to fluctuate so much at WDW restaurants. Going to go with my recent trip, about a month ago.

Overrated -Le Cellier. $200 for lunch for two. Filet was very good. But I'd expect that at Outback or Texas Roadhouse. Service was okay. Ambiance was similar to lunch at Longhorn steakhouse. I mean, it was good but, certainly not the "can't miss" the location is often referred to as. Probably didn't help that I had one of the best meals of my life at Flying Fish the night before.

Underrated. -Flying Fish! Ohh, emm, gee. PEI mussels app and potato wrapped Snapper were epic. Server was wonderful. Wish I were eating there tonight!

Hockey89

This is a tough question because quality and service seems to fluctuate so much at WDW restaurants. Going to go with my recent trip, about a month ago.

Overrated -Le Cellier. $200 for lunch for two. Filet was very good. But I'd expect that at Outback or Texas Roadhouse. Service was okay. Ambiance was similar to lunch at Longhorn steakhouse. I mean, it was good but, certainly not the "can't miss" the location is often referred to as. Probably didn't help that I had one of the best meals of my life at Flying Fish the night before.

Underrated. -Flying Fish! Ohh, emm, gee. PEI mussels app and potato wrapped Snapper were epic. Server was wonderful. Wish I were eating there tonight!
They really do know how to cook a traditional potato wrapped snapper... It really is good. They took it off the menu for a while which was criminal.

mlayton144

Yes it’s all about the water. That’s why NJ especially Central and South Jersey , NYC even Philly pizza is superior pizza. FL pizza advertised as “NY Style” is a big marketing gimmic. One dining concept WDW would not have is the infamous Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas. Staff are dressed up as medical staff and AED machines are in the location in case a guest needs one after eating a triple bypass burger with fries.

I can’t imagine fresh made pizza with that swamp water in central Florida , are the doughs made elsewhere and shipped to WDW ? Or do they filter the water? Question is not a joke , if you can smell the water you are about to drink there is something really wrong

Lilofan

I can’t imagine fresh made pizza with that swamp water in central Florida , are the doughs made elsewhere and shipped to WDW ? Or do they filter the water? Question is not a joke , if you can smell the water you are about to drink there is something really wrong
I think the flour at Epcot Via Napoli comes from Italy.

Imhere

We have been told on 2 occasions at Via Napoli that their water is trucked in from Pennsylvania.

disneyfireman

Yes, a few places do use water from up north....however, Local pizza places use good old central Florida water...taste like pizza to me. But I actually like the tap water in the Orlando area. I dont have any issues with it.

aladdin2007

Le Cellier (went from being one of the top establishments on property to one of the worst).

Underrated= not saying because then they will go downhill lol.

Last edited:

Eric Graham

We really enjoy The Boathouse. The lobster is really amazing! It's also really nice to sit by the water and eat peel and eat shrimp as an appetizer as well!

The Colonel

there is a long list of overrated restaurants

Le Cell is the most overrated. Ohana, the whole France pavilion, Skipper Canteen, Tiffins

I would have had Cali Grill on the list but the last meal I had there a few months ago was outstanding.

Most in-park TS is pretty bad.

Underrated is hard. Most people hate Nine Dragons. I like it. I know it's not "authentic". I love Tutto Gusto Wine Bar, but haven't been there in a a couple of years. I love Wine Bar George but I don't know if it's underrated.

QS is the way to go.

I just realized this is an old thread I answered already.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I don't think Flying Fish really counts as underrated -- seemingly everyone that's been there agrees it's excellent and one of the best restaurants on property -- I'd call it under the radar instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom