What is the most over-rated and under-rated restaurants in WDW?

Carno

I think Crystal Palace is a little overrated the food there SUCKS!! For an expensive price. I think Restrauntosaurus is under rated. The food is good, its never crowded.+ Its next to my favorite ride.

Smiley/OCD

“Bad” = anywhere in Florida
”good” = somewhere not in florida

Cinderella’s was gimmicky and bad. Let’s face it: magic kingdom has always generally sucked…because it never had to be good.

in general: the food as half as good as it was 20 years ago by both quality, variety and especially price in relative terms

As Jersey folks…NEVER eat pizza at WDW…even my daughters when they were kids knew that…

Smiley/OCD

For me:
Overrated: BoG…3 chances first was good, next 2 for the ambiance but that’s it.
Le Cellier: twice, steaks were ok, but overpriced good cheddar soup though…
Ohana: B’fast was ok, didn’t like dinner…
I’ll preface this with a disclaimer: that I’m NOT a foodie…
LOVE Art Smith’s…LOVE the Pooh’s puffed French toast at CP…we love Liberty Tree (Great pot roast) and loved the breakfast calzone at Trattoria al Forno…unfortunately they took it off the menu when it reopened post Covid

Lilofan

It’s kinda like ordering Manhattan clam chowder in Boston….
Best late night food I had in Rhode Island are Oneyville New York System hot wieners ( aka gaggers ). It’s a pilgrimage to many from all over the country when in New England and never call them hot dogs. It’s tiny hot weiners with secret meat sauce, crushed onions and celery salt. Somehow the relationship between New York and New England / Boston is like fire and ice but these wieners are delish. If you have that late night served at Disney Springs that will attract a crowd. NJ hot dogs are next level, best in the country.

Smiley/OCD

Best late night food I had in Rhode Island are Oneyville New York System hot wieners ( aka gaggers ). It’s a pilgrimage to many from all over the country when in New England and never call them hot dogs. It’s tiny hot weiners with secret meat sauce, crushed onions and celery salt. Somehow the relationship between New York and New England / Boston is like fire and ice but these wieners are delish. If you have that late night served at Disney Springs that will attract a crowd.
Better than Sabrett’s “dirty water dogs”? Mustard, kraut and red onions…or Rutts Hut rippers w/ their relish?

Lilofan

Better than Sabrett’s “dirty water dogs”? Mustard, kraut and red onions…or Rutts Hut rippers w/ their relish?
Deep fried Rutts Hut dogs in NJ I think was rated one of the best in USA. If American Adventure can have a Rutts Hut deep fried ripper kiosk promoting NJ as best hot dog state I would stand in line and order a few and washing them down with a few beers.

Smiley/OCD

If I win MM or Powerball, I’m opening a Jersey based restaurant in DS…DWD’s, jersey pizza (even if I have to truck the water down), REAL Italian ices, zeppoles…Italian hot dogs and sausages like Jimmy Buffs…
lines would be longer then at
Gideon’s
And a defibrillator right outside…

Lilofan

If I win MM or Powerball, I’m opening a Jersey based restaurant in DS…DWD’s, jersey pizza (even if I have to truck the water down), REAL Italian ices, zeppoles…Italian hot dogs and sausages like Jimmy Buffs…
Gideon’s
Yes it’s all about the water. That’s why NJ especially Central and South Jersey , NYC even Philly pizza is superior pizza. FL pizza advertised as “NY Style” is a big marketing gimmic. One dining concept WDW would not have is the infamous Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas. Staff are dressed up as medical staff and AED machines are in the location in case a guest needs one after eating a triple bypass burger with fries.

Smiley/OCD

Gideon’s
Oh, and how could I forget…nice salads made with delicious, juicy, softball sized Jersey tomatoes that I will have trucked down too…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom