What is the most over-rated and under-rated restaurants in WDW?

oogie boogie man

I don't like Crystal Palace, it's way overpriced because of the characters and location.

The food was horrible and because I'm a fat guy that is my main reason for going to a restaurant.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I've eaten at most of the higher rated places in WDW over the last 25+ years.

The most underrated I would say is Sanaa. And overrated for me would be Le Cellier.

The best meal and worst meal I've had however are Narcoossee's (Best) and Coral Reef (Worst). I left Victoria and Alberts Chef Table off because that was really the best, but that would be unfair to compare to any other meal. 😋

JohnD

I've eaten at most of the higher rated places in WDW over the last 25+ years.

The most underrated I would say is Sanaa. And overrated for me would be Le Cellier.

The best meal and worst meal I've had however are Narcoossee's (Best) and Coral Reef (Worst). I left Victoria and Alberts Chef Table off because that was really the best, but that would be unfair to compare to any other meal. 😋
I agree.

Over: LeCellier (Full disclosure - I have an Eat to the Beat ADR there in several weeks, mostly for the $79 three course meal. Not necessarily for the show)

Under: Sanaa (everyone knows about Boma. Sanaa is a hidden gem.)

epcotWSC

Prime Time (also bland and mushy and our waitress didn't do much of the famous interacting)
The famous interacting is hit or miss these days. I've gotten varying levels of it over the past bunch of years, but nothing like I remember back 10-15 years ago when I first started going. They seem to have gotten very few people who know how to take playful jabs at people beyond the standard stuff (no elbows on the table, etc.). Sometimes they can just act more rude than funny (and then they often ease up). It's a hard balance for sure, but the talent isn't quite there anymore.

CaptainAmerica

I agree.

Over: LeCellier (Full disclosure - I have an Eat to the Beat ADR there in several weeks, mostly for the $79 three course meal. Not necessarily for the show)

Under: Sanaa (everyone knows about Boma. Sanaa is a hidden gem.)
I don't think Sanaa portions at dinner are appropriate for the prices. Lunch is better in that regard.

The famous interacting is hit or miss these days. I've gotten varying levels of it over the past bunch of years, but nothing like I remember back 10-15 years ago when I first started going. They seem to have gotten very few people who know how to take playful jabs at people beyond the standard stuff (no elbows on the table, etc.). Sometimes they can just act more rude than funny (and then they often ease up). It's a hard balance for sure, but the talent isn't quite there anymore.
I think it was coached out of them. Guests who didn't get the shtick kept complaining and they deliberately toned down the show.

danyoung56

I don't think Sanaa portions at dinner are appropriate for the prices. Lunch is better in that regard.

I think it was coached out of them. Guests who didn't get the shtick kept complaining and they deliberately toned down the show.
While I didn't like the schtick, I didn't complain about it. I kinda knew what I was in for. Still, after being nagged a few times to get my elbows off the table, I would have been fine if she figgered it out and just stopped.

Dad 2 M & M

QS
Overated
Woody’s Lunchbox

Underrated
ABC ….certainly not great, but head and shoulders better than back in the day

TS
Overrated
Be Our Guest …. Especially once it’s off your bucket list

Underrated
50s
Yak and Yeti

DisneyfanMA

Maybe some guests got it but still didn't care for it? I know the sound of it didn't appeal to me.

mf1972

overrated-chicken guy. was looking forward to it based on everything i heard & read. i just found it to be a 1 & done.

underrated-yak & yeti. it’s been awhile since we last ate there & are now questioning what took us so long to go back there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom