What Is The Greatest Disney World Design/Accomplishment?

Mr Starky

The Dole Whip! :slurp:

ABSATIVELY, POSOLUTELY :) Over near the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse in the MK. Love that stuff. When my wife and I went NOV 2005 that was one of the first things we did after going into the MK. Then POC. The first time we had the stuff we didn't believe it was ice.

Pongo

I'm going to have to go with the whole production. All of it.

Nowhere else can you get the diversity of immersive experiences as you can at WDW. The two key words there are variety and immersive. There are four completely different parks with completely different themes, providing many completely different experiences. There are two completely different water parks that each offer unique experiences. There are a couple of hopping downtown-esque areas (Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk). There's a community for living that is unlike most other communities on the planet. There are first rate hotels with themes to rival the parks. And top it all off, there's a transportation system (albeit a bit unpredictable :lookaroun ) to boot!

The whole system is mind boggling! This is world-class entertainment at it's finest. Catering to all kinds of people in today's world... and the idea originally started in the '50s! Who would have thought that such a crazy concept would persevere through the test of time.

And then there's the fact that it all runs so smoothly. Hundreds of thousands of employees go to work everyday to provide US with a good time. In essence, hundreds of thousands of entertainers. That's the largest show I've ever heard of, I don't know about you.

That's what it all boils down to. The Show. The one Design and Accomplishment that amazes me everytime I visit is the fact that I am immersed into such and environment that takes me out of the real world and transplants me somewhere totally different. WDW is like a totally other planet. It feels so disconnected from ours. Only when things like punching Tiggers occur do I actually realize that, hey, WDW IS on this planet. How do they manage to make it feel like that? It's such a mystery.

Because without that wonderful Show with a capital S, none of the other marvels listed would even exist.

Dr Albert Falls

Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID)

Think about it. A private entertainment company with governmental control. Microsoft can't issue bonds to build roads. Exxon cannot construct buildings without following government codes. Sysco does not have the authority to drain swamps.

Without Reedy Creek, there would be NO WDW.

mikesoccer40

Two lesser magically innovation

FASTPASS - This lone innovation has made the family trip much better and far less stressful than before. It adds dramastically to the magic of your visit by decreasing wait times and increasing the number of rides you can go on.

MULTI-USE TICKETS - This idea was fantastic. The ability to have your park admission tickets also be your room key and a charge card for purchases has made a trip truely worry free. Just keep track of your tickets for getting in the park and your room and keep a running handle on how much you have charged and your time at WDW can be spent having fun with the family, not keeping track of multiple tickets, keys and cards.

DisneyMusician2

SSE has to get my vote....but be sure to notice the great build job on the monorail system. It really was a marvel when they built it, and it still serves the area well today! I always wanted them to expand the line to really allow the area to rely on the monorail as a form of transportation.

dreamscometrue

MULTI-USE TICKETS - This idea was fantastic. The ability to have your park admission tickets also be your room key and a charge card for purchases has made a trip truely worry free. Just keep track of your tickets for getting in the park and your room and keep a running handle on how much you have charged and your time at WDW can be spent having fun with the family, not keeping track of multiple tickets, keys and cards.

Don't forget that the Disney Dining Plan is also attached to the Key To The World card too.:)

Solace17

Animal Kingdom. Everest, the Tree of Life, Kilimanjaro Safaris--it's all a great masterpiece. While Epcot is my favourite park, I have to cede that DAK is the most immersive, and probably their biggest accomplishment.

Mecha Figment

I'm going to have to throw in my vote for Splash mountain. unfortuntaly it usualy doent' have the singing bird houses outside but they use to, but the whole attraction as a whole is a prime example of true blending that Disney Imagineers can do.

OmegaKnight

Some of the most amazing things on property are:
  • Spaceship Earth
  • The Tree of Life
  • Cinderella Castle
  • The WDW Monorail system (especially the Contemporary)
  • Expedition Everest
  • Tower of Terror
And the most amazing thing on property is...the quality of the entire operation. From the amazing cast to the amazing attractions and beyond, WDW is a symbol on how to properly run things day in and day out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom