What is the "Disney magic"?

LoriSue

It starts with your luggage getting dropped off at your airport and, without any effort on your part, appearing in your hotel room, the staff at the hotel greeting you with "You're finally here". Once you hit Disney property, nothing else exists, little else matters. It's knowing that, for the most part, things are as you left them, waiting there for you when you last left. Your castle will always be at the end of main street, the Dole whip will always taste the same and some how, that same hairy guy is always playing at Cosmic Ray's. A force so powerful that as good as it is to get home, you're always so sad to leave, as if you were leaving a close friend/family member. It's what makes this 40 year old giddy with excitement/anticipation when I get to help others plan their trips or give helpful hints to rookies and make calendars to countdown the days when there are "only" 100 left.

IDreamOfDisney

Hakuna Matata! It means no worries for the length of your stay! It's our problem free, philosophy, Hakuna Matata!
:sohappy::sohappy:

Disney Magic is just that - Magic. During the holidays one may call it the spirit of Christmas.

It is that feeling that you get inside, it may only last moment at a time and most of the time you you would realize it after you have been home and remembering the trip.

It is a kind jesture from a Cast Member. A smile on your kids face or even your own. It could be you are walking down a path, hear a sound, turn around and your favorite character is standing behind you.

Mine was walking down Main Street USA in 97 with my wife and my parents. I was holding my oldest daughters hand, 3 at the time. My wife was pushing a stroller with my middle daughter 9mos at the time (#3 came in 2000). Mickey and Minnie stopped what they were doing and came over to look at the stroller made a big deal then hugged the stuffings out of my oldest. The whole event lasted 3 minutes at the most and my wife and I looked at each other and knew it happed again. Disney Magic.

I am so happy my parents came because they got it all on film. Thank you Mom and Dad and thank you Mr. Disney whereever you are.

fredtom

"It's just a secret place... I knows about."
-- Brer Rabbit, when asked by Brer Bear "What's a Laughin' Place?"

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

AlishaSimonLee

I have to admit, I ask the same question myself. I've never been to Disney (either one) and I'm still a little nervous that after making that big an economic sacrifice, I won't really "get it".

I know that several of us, including me, joke about the money aspect of it. However it really is a neat experience, and in my own opinion, well worth it. If it wasn't, I would not go. There are ways to get the cost of a vacation down. Tickets, unless you are a Florida resident or Military member, don't get discounted, but everything else, yes. Do some research or PM me if you would like to know any advice from my twenty plus visits to Disney.

Magenta Panther

To me, Disney magic is the joy and excitement and wonder generated by Walt himself - his own joy and excitement and wonder at telling great stories, trying new things, creating and perfecting art forms, and trying to make the world a happier place. His influence still lives at the parks where it may not live anywhere else in what is now the Disney Corporation. Whenever I enter a Disney park, it's Walt I think of first. His signature is still there, whether it's on a classic ride like Small World or Pirates of the Caribbean, or a latter-day first-class effort like the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Whenever a big kid or a little kid marvels at the beautiful Castle or shivers with delight within the Haunted Mansion, then Walt lives again. :) That's true Disney magic to me.

Scuttle

I have to admit, I ask the same question myself. I've never been to Disney (either one) and I'm still a little nervous that after making that big an economic sacrifice, I won't really "get it".

Trust me you'll get it. In fact I think you will get it before you even get into a park(assuming Magic Kingdom). I think you'll get the magic right about the time the express monorail is cruising through the Contemporary. If you don't get it from that then I am sure you'll get the magic of WDW when you go through the railroad tunnels and see the posters of attractions. Nothing can touch the anticipation the Magic Kingdom brings. All I can say is OPEN YOUR EYES, because there is so much to see visually. Do it.

Susan Savia

I think it is the WOW feeling one gets when they exit a ride or see a fantastic show or walk into a park and see all the beautiful plants and scenery, lights and cleanliness and take it all in.

Walt Disney1955

I would lean on the fact that you'll "get it". You could be the most cold hearted person in the world and still "get it" when you walk down Main Street and see the Castle. I think you'll get it when you are on the monorail and like someone else said you go through the Contemporary resort. After that you get a closer look at the Castle and you'll be wondering what the big white thing is (Space Mountain) and the other thing close to it (Astro Ortiber). Then you'll wonder what those other mountains are peaking above the trees. The anticipation will kill you. At the end of the night after the Wishes fireworks you'll wonder why you ever doubted it

Disney_Belle

The magic to me is the look on a first timers' face when they see the castle for the very first time, the anticipation of the first monorail ride of the trip bringing you to the Magic Kingdom, the goosebumps you get during Illuminations, a hug from Mickey, a smile from a princess, the little ones dressed as pirates and princesses, the music, the smells... the feeling you can't explain :) That's the magic!

Moving Forward

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses everybody

We cancelled our trip last summer and got a truck instead, so I haven't read these until now :lol:

The technique of parting guests and their money, usually in exchange for overpriced goods or services, without complaint from the purchaser because of brand loyalty (or should that be blind).

A human trap built by a mouse.

The above responses nailed it and my hubby LOL at the second one. Thanks for laugh. The "Disney magic" is a marketing ploy because I've felt more "magic" at other parks LOL

Tinkerbella16

That feeling of being a kid again when I step foot on Disney World soil. When I get on that DME Bus, all things from back home/reality are gone from my mind and I have no worries about anything, except doing and seeing all of my favorite things in the "world". I have been going to WDW since 1992, and I have never felt anything short of what I usually feel each time I'm there.

No other theme park can come close to giving me that magical feeling as WDW does. The smells are amazing and unforgetable and being able to stay on property at my favorite resorts so that I never lose that magic the entire time I'm there is just truly something special. Even Disney Transportation to me is magical.. I wouldn't have it any other way.

J03Y

whenever i'm experiencing something Disney that i haven't experienced in a long time.

for the first time in years, i watched Hercules and Hunchback of Notre Dame yesterday and i definitely had a Disney magic moment
day_dreaming.gif

real mad hatter

The Magic Bubble.

Whilst living in Canada and seeing Niagra falls for the first time I was asked," describe it ", years later I visited Las Vegas,again someone asked me," what's it like".They are certain things in life that can be explained but seeing them is the only way to describe the true meaning of them.And WDW is one.Seeing is believing.:sohappy:You may go to Disney and wonder what all the fuss is about.If that is the case,then the magic is not in your heart,and i feel so sorry for you.:(

LuLaSue

Hakuna Matata! It means no worries for the length of your stay! It's our problem free, philosophy, Hakuna Matata!

I love this! Yes, it just about sums it up along with the heart pounding excitement you feel while you walk thru the turnstile of the Magic Kingdom. Suddenly feeling like your 6 years old again walking thru for the very first time. Knowing that every time you arrive that feeling arrives without even trying, how wonderful it feels! Knowing that for the length of my stay it's okay for me to walk that "world" with rose colored glasses and allow my inner child to release!

Susan Savia

Just saying the word 'Disney' evokes a feeling of happiness.
You dream of it all year long until your departure day arrives
and it is just as wonderful and exciting as you remembered from
your last visit. That moment of first walking into your favorite Disney
Park is hard to explain to someone who has never been. It's
just 'magical'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom