What is so good about LeCellier?

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I do not know if I spelled the name wrong - I am thinking about going to this resturant in November - but please someone tell me...

What is so good about it?

worldfanatic

It's good. But not nearly as amazing as the elite, mythical status bestowed on it by this site and others. I think the fact that it's only a one table credit on the DDP makes it very popular.
I like it for lunch, but since I don't use the DDP, for dinner I'd far prefer Yachtman's steakhouse at the Yacht Club and Shula's at the Dolphin. They have a much higher end atmosphere for not that much more $$$.

Phonedave

Think of it as a Morton's/Ruth's Chris caliber of steaks.

You can think of it that way.

Or you can think of it as a Mortons steak, over cooked, served in a cramped and crowded dining room, covered in a mushroom sauce to mask the fact that it is not indeed very flavorfull steak.

Really, a Mortons steak? That just boggles my mind. Take a look at a picture of a Mortons steak and then look at what you get at Le Celliar. Go ahead and Google, take a peak. Besides that, the atmosphere at Mortons is head and shoulder above Le Celliar. But when the steak at Le Celliar is $30 and dinner at Mortons runs $125+ per person, you can see where the difference come from.

OK, so maybe it's not as bad as I made it out to be. In fact it is not bad at all. However, in my opinion, it does not deserve the mythical status that has been bestowed upon it. As someone else said, the combination of one table service credit, decent steak, and a small dining room makes for the perfect storm of popularity.

-dave

DrummerAlly

We ate there once about four years ago after hearing everyone rave about it. Unless you are a meat lover, I would not suggest it. From everyone else, I've heard the fish and steak are amazing. I had a really over priced salad and wasn't particularly impressed. It was okay, but I've had better meals elsewhere in the world.

If you're a steak person - go for it (I guess).

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I think im gonna wait. I am going on a cruise in January and I have ressies for the Supper Club (only $30) and all you can eat.

djpoore94

I have never been to Morton's or Ruth's Chris since they're pretty much out of our budget, but since we do the dining plan we went to Le Cellier on our last trip. I love steak (probably one of my favorite foods) and the mushroom filet was amazing! DH had the NY Strip I believe and he said his was great as well. I can see not going there if you are not a beef lover, but that's the case with most steakhouses anymore. Yeah, it can be a bit crowded and noisy, but most of the Disney restaurants are these days. I'd rather have the great food than a quiet place with terrible food!

Menpell

We loved it! And we booked it again for this year. The restaurant atmosphere is really nice. But the steaks were even better. I would stick with the New York Strip steak. Very good! Great size portion! You couldnt' have asked for a better steak. And the creme brulee was excellent. The cheddar soup was very good. But not included in the dining plan. But worth the extra money.
Someone mentioned that they hated it because it's so hard to get in. Well that's because it's so good. We had a hard time last year getting the day and time we wanted. But we changed the day and got right in. We got it again for this year.

sleepybear

I've been there twice and liked it, but now it's become a bit ridiculous. It's so small and so popular that getting an ADR is very, very hard and (in my mind) not worth the trouble anymore. Yet there's that mystique about it. So much so that my mostly vegetarian boyfriend said that's his top choice to eat at in Epcot. Go figure.

disneyfreak74

We ate there on june 27th and i dont think its worth returning. Maybe all the hype about the place builds up too much of an expectation. The bread sticks were good. I ordered the filet mignon and it was the size of a meatball! The thing lacked so much flavor that i had to cover it in the rice stuff they sat the steak on. My wife ordered the new york strip and that was a good portioned steak but still didnt taste that great. maybe we just ate there on an off day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom