What is most likely to be built between 7DMT and Avatar?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
IMHO, I expect to see the following things in WDW before Avatar opens in 2017...

1. Some minor Star Wars expansion ("Phase 1"), perhaps Mos Eisley Cantina and an indoor jedi academy
2. new film for Soarin'
3. new show in the BatB theater and VOTLM space
4. new show in the Eo theater

I don't, at this point, expect any new rides, but I would not be surprised if something smaller scale got built before 2017.

#2 is a strong possibility. #4 is probably 50/50 between new show or no show at all. I can't see them breaking ground for Star Wars for at least a year and more likely 2. I wouldn't be surprised if the new movie came out before a shovel hit dirt. If it gets fast-tracked somehow your options in #1 are very likely to be considered phase 1.

The only thing we know they will build for sure is another DVC at the Poly. That will be open several years before Avatar.

G00fyDad

Okay then add in MILF and the Seas with Nemo and you've got, like I said, about an attraction a year. So what will we see between 7d and avatar?

7DMT - 2014 (maybe)
Under the Sea - 2013
Star Tours 3D - Not a new ride
new Test Track- Not a new ride
Toy Story Mania - 2008
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - Not even a ride, but I'll give you this one. - 2007
Seas with Nemo - Not a new ride
Everest - 2006
Soarin - 2005

Still, not quite every year.

And a five year gap constitutes a new ride every year?

DManRightHere

7DMT - 2014 (maybe)
Under the Sea - 2013
Toy Story Mania - 2008
Everest - 2006
Soarin - 2005

Not quite every year.

I didn't think that could be right but the last few years look pretty sad.

2003 Mission Space, Philharmagic
2004 Stitch, Living Seas retheme
2005 Crush 'n' gusher, Aladdin carpets, narnia, soarin
2006 expedition everest
2007 monsters inc, O canada, Seas Nemo
2008 Toy Story, storm struck
2009 sum of all thrills,
2010 ------------
2011-------------
2012 Under Sea, Jack Sparrow
2013 ------------

Future (confirmed) Avatar, Seven Dwarfs

I did not include the crap load of meet and greets or shows. They have work to do. I guess the Fantasy expansion really killed their budget. Maybe when they get done building the hotels, restaurants, shops they can get to the attractions....they need to spend a lot.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
7DMT - 2014 (maybe)
Under the Sea - 2013
Toy Story Mania - 2008
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - Not even a ride, but I'll give you this one. - 2007
Seas with Nemo - Not a new ride
Everest - 2006
Soarin - 2005

Still, not quite every year.

And a five year gap constitutes a new ride every year?
Well it's every year if you only go back 2 years and start with 2013;). Maybe they are starting a new wave of building and growth...the wave could end this spring:(

doctornick

.....is anyone 'really' excited about this whole Avatar thing? ...or ..is it that we've become accustomed to 'so little for so long' ...that any new 'thing' is reason for getting all moist?

I'm certainly really excited about "this whole Avatar thing", but -- to stay on the topic of this thread -- I think a bigger question and concern is why doesn't WDW have anything else that is being built currently and scheduled to open before that in 2017 (obviously, beyond the 7DMT next year).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
.....is anyone 'really' excited about this whole Avatar thing? ...or ..is it that we've become accustomed to 'so little for so long' ...that any new 'thing' is reason for getting all moist?
I actually think it's the opposite. I think if they were building a new E ticket every other year for the past decade plus had 2 or 3 major things proposed to open between now and Avatar a lot more people would be on board with it. I think the issue is that Avatar is all we are getting for the foreseeable future. Those are big expectations for any new attraction. Everyone wants a "Potter Swatter" so anything new has to be compared to Universal. It can't live up to those expectations. If Universal got the rights to Avatar and was planning on building the exact same thing proposed for DAK after Potter 2.0 opens I bet everyone would be gushing about how good it looks. People got pretty juiced up for a remodeled food court and a spinner because it was a small part of a much bigger picture. With Avatar being the whole picture it's much less desirable.

Buck

Original Poster
I'm certainly really excited about "this whole Avatar thing", but -- to stay on the topic of this thread -- I think a bigger question and concern is why doesn't WDW have anything else that is being built currently and scheduled to open before that in 2017 (obviously, beyond the 7DMT next year).

Can't overloook the Animal Kingdom night time show, which was a caveat in my thread. I'm hoping it will be on the level of World of Color, which would definitely satisfy my desire for a new amazing attraction at WDW.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Can't overloook the Animal Kingdom night time show, which was a caveat in my thread. I'm hoping it will be on the level of World of Color, which would definitely satisfy my desire for a new amazing attraction at WDW.

I don't know that we will see that before 2017. They goal with a lot of the things being added to AK is have a reason to keep the park open late and keep people there all day. To achieve that they are going to have to bring a lot of those things online at the same time. I don't think just a nighttime show, or just the night time safari will be enough of a reason to keep the park open late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom