What is it about Disney

sueuk

Hi, we will be coming over to Disney in the next few weeks, we first went about 8 years ago as a one off holiday of a lifetime, this will be our 5th time. Don’t you just love the place.
I know people who go back year after year. What is it about Disney world that makes you go back ?
Sounds like us - we went over to Florida on a 'once in a lifetime' holiday too and we're going back for the 8th time in Sept. We've been on other holidays in that time (more 'grown up') like Med cruises etc, but don't experience that same feeling of excitement and escape. There's hope though ... Disney cruiseline is leaving now from UK to the Med - ?best of both worlds. :ROFLOL:

thetodd

Being two adults with no kids, it's actually our time to be a kid without a care in the world. We have a rule, once we pass through the main entrance on check in day, the real world ceases to exist, we have no contact with anything but Disney, even the room t.v. can't be on any channel but a Disney resort channel. My friend and I have both been to other parts of the world and to this day continue to love Disney more than any of those other places.

dixiegirl

Yeah, it's a break from "reality."

SOO true!
I had a girl at work ask me this question just yesterday..
Well for me...I can escape from reality with my favorite people in the world(hubby and the girls) and act like a kid again..From the moment I step onto the Magical Express to when I go through the Walt Disney World sign I feel like 'Ah I'm home"....I love that I can walk around with my face painted , along with the girls and my Mickey ears and there..Its normal..
Its ok That I get all teary eyed just looking at Cinderella's castle and to see my girls expressions when they see Mickey Mouse for the first time on our trip and there after.......Priceless..
I love that for the whole trip I am totally emerged into a place of make believe.....I love how every year that we go with our girls it gets bettter and better....I try not to look at the negative when I'm there either..whether a ride is down or something needs to be repainted..or if that godforsaken crane is up.....What can you do...?
I am at Walt Disney World....(and not home) It does'nt get any better than that!
61 more days baby....and I'll be home again!

Jedeye80

Its everything, it's the fact that there are limits to what you can do, even thought there are height limits there are no age limits, an adult can run up to mickey mouse and give him a hug and feel like a 5 yr old and people watching, old or young, get that feeling of joy that it brings. Only in Disney does that happen, in the parks nothing outside matters, all your troubles and worries are left at the entrance, all you want to do is go to the next shop, watch the next show, ride the next ride or decide where to eat or just simply sit down, breathe in and wait for the moment to hit you that you really are there at last

FreedomWrangler

The detail in thematic presentation of the parks is on a scale of it's own. I don't think any other place matches it. Walt was a true visionary. Then add to that the outstanding service from the Cast Members and you end up with a truly magical experience.

The Cast Members pull it off every day. Thanks CM's. :sohappy:

Blackie Pueblo

What is it about Disney that hasn't already been said? Yes it's a magical place where I can literally forget about my problems and the world outside the gates. It's a place where I can feel young again and join the other adults with smiles on their faces and say I feel like I'm home.

Plus for me, its a place where one of my heroes Walter Elias Disney became a huge success by... of all things... doing what he loved to do and that is making people happy. He didn't hit 1000 home runs. He didn't stop a war. He didn't pass any laws that changed peoples lives. He simply tried to make the world better by giving them happiness and smiles.

Wow... that was really cheesy but from the heart.

"To all who come to this happy place...welcome!"
---Walter Elias Disney

tare

EVERYTHING ABOUT DISNEY IS GREAT--except the price sometimes hahahaha--we go every year and its a time to forget your worries, stress and just be a kid again!!!!

Like everyone said, you leave your cares behind.

We were there this weekend and ended up with a flat tire. Did it matter?
NOPE!
Put on the spare and had one of the best days in Animal Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon.

I walked around with Jack Skellington Mickey ears the whole time (until I got my haircut, then I had a blue moehawk, with hidden Mickey's in my hair).
Where else can a 39 year old man do that and not have everyone look at you like you have 4 heads!!!!

Ahhh, the magic, it removes all the stress of everyday life.......

Unomas

It seems like everyone agrees on why Disney World is so special. When we took our first trip in 96, my dad thought it was just going to be another Six Flags like we have here in DFW. That all changed the moment he turned that corner onto Main Street USA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom