What is it about Disney

england1

Original Poster
Hi, we will be coming over to Disney in the next few weeks, we first went about 8 years ago as a one off holiday of a lifetime, this will be our 5th time. Don’t you just love the place.
I know people who go back year after year. What is it about Disney world that makes you go back ?

sublimesting

I get a license to act like a kid (not that I don't normally but this gives me an actual license to do so) and wear my ears and buy a stuffed animal if I want to. I tune out reality 100% (don't even watch real TV just the Disney channels in the resorts). I love the theming and the rides, and characters and food. And it has an undefinable "Magic".

Susan Savia

When I am there I have no worries, problems or otherwise. I am totally carefree and into the moment. Where else can you wear a silly hat and not be made fun of??

20009551sc

Our family has been going to Disney for almost 18 years. We live in Florida and it's only a 2 hour ride. At WDW all my problems go away for the week we are there. All we focus on is relaxing and soaking in the Disney expierence. The outside world goes away and it's all about fun. I leave all my stress at the gate and just commun with Mickey.....

mikey531

I agree with all of the above !!!!! I have been around 30 times and see something new or notice something that I hadn't seen before. I am going again this Thanksgiving too! Twice this year.

pluto1964

My first trip I was 10. Everytime I go back, it feels as though your that age again. As has been said before, no worries and the fact you can have plain old fun all day long - nothing beats it.

LoriMistress

You're overwhelmed with "Disney Magic," and you feel like you're in another world all together. Plus, it makes you feel like a kid again.

Tinkyroo

I also agree with the other posters. To me WDW is like a magical world separate from this one. Everything about it magical - even the air smells magical to me. The best times in my childhood were my trips to WDW. Some might think it is just an amusement park like Universal, etc. But it is not. I have never had the feeling I get at WDW at any other amusement park or any other place - ever. And, everytime I see a comercial for WDW I get chocked up. :eek:

glingo

Someone else makes my bed, drives me around, and does all the cooking and cleaning. All I am responsible for is choosing which park to go to!

You can go and go hard by doing everything, or you can simply sit around the pool at your hotel and do nothing.

It's the best!

AGentlRose

What is it about Disney? ---- It's a place where my DH and I, who are in our 50s, can feel like kids again. I grew up on the original Mickey Mouse Club and the Wonderful World of Disney, so the first time I set foot in WDW in 1984 was a dream come true for me.

pixiesteno

Maybe it is because WDW is truely one of the rare places in the world where a grown adult can feel free enough wander around a shop with a stuffed Eeyore on their shoulder singing out loud to the Wishes CD track playing in the shop and other people smile and join in. It is a place where we allow ourselves to really dare to dream, to not worry about the economy, gas prices, GM, etc ... you know, all the doom and gloom that our media trives on. Or, perhaps it is because ... well, I guess it's the magic that happens when you cross under that large sign on Oseola, you know, the one that makes you cry. ;)

disneylemons

When I was little all vacations were to visit grandmas since we didn't not live close to either... no theme parks - when I was a freshman in high school I got to go to Disneyworld with one of my best friends and her family. I loved it and vowed when I had children we would take them to places like that for vacation. Our first trip was when our oldest turned 5 and she's 21 now and we have went numerous times and love it everytime!

I love the no worries feel, the smells, the food, being able to act like a kid with my kids!

To me there is little`that can compare to the sweet smiles on my childrens faces as they sleep after a day frolicking around in the magic. They always are made to feel special..the characters waving and hugging, the thriill of the roller coasters, and the beauty of the entire family singing to It's a Small World (when they are only on it to please me.) Its a time when our family can be together and leave the cares of the real world behind! A Disney Vacation is like none other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom