What is going on with this stupid computer of mine?!

imagineer boy

Original Poster
I don't know what it is, but every time I click something to go to a different page on the internet, the "this page cannot be displayed" thing comes up, then there's a click and its to the page where I wanted to go. It's been doing this for a couple of days now, and I don't know how to stop it. It's getting very annoying. Does anyone know what's going on and how to stop it?

cru5h

I'm going to guess adware or spyware is on your computer. Try going to http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/ and let it give you a quick scan to see if you've got the common ones on there. (All you have to do is click and it starts scanning right away). Then it'll tell you how to remove them. If it comes up with nothing, which sometimes it does even when you clearly have something, try downloading Adaware or Spybot from Downloads.com. They're free. Good luck.

*sorry had the wrong link :/

Tramp

Cru5h gives you good advice....I would defragment...check spyware...check virus....if all else fails, try restoring to a date prior to the problem. (if you have XP) :wave:

barnum42

Another possibility is a problem with you Internet Providor - get in touch with them and see if there are any known network issues.

Tim G

imagineer boy said:
I don't know what it is, but every time I click something to go to a different page on the internet, the "this page cannot be displayed" thing comes up, then there's a click and its to the page where I wanted to go. It's been doing this for a couple of days now, and I don't know how to stop it. It's getting very annoying. Does anyone know what's going on and how to stop it?
Errr....
20552162.gif

imagineer boy

Original Poster
cru5h said:
I'm going to guess adware or spyware is on your computer. Try going to http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/ and let it give you a quick scan to see if you've got the common ones on there. (All you have to do is click and it starts scanning right away). Then it'll tell you how to remove them. If it comes up with nothing, which sometimes it does even when you clearly have something, try downloading Adaware or Spybot from Downloads.com. They're free. Good luck.

*sorry had the wrong link :/

Thanks! That's exactly what's been happening recently. Pop ups come up even when I'm not on the Internet, some pages have strange punctuation put up everywhere, the works. Thanks for the link, and I will try to work on it.

FigmentJedi

But I don't have to put up with this crap using Safari. Besides Mac can now use just as much video players. Besides, Bill Gates is Satan disguised as a nerd. Join the Resistance! Use computers other then Microsoft based ones

maelstrom

Tahu, I must agree with you.

I've had my iBook for over a year now, after over ten years of PC usage, and I can see the difference. Things are much more pleasant now. BUT, if you're a gamer, stick with a PC and use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. But otherwise, come over to the light side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom