What is going on with the air conditioning at WDW?

OneofThree

Its not even HOT yet in Florida :hilarious:

No, but it's more humid right now than most places are in their summer. 71 degree dewpoint right now, where I live.

5553472d28537.image.jpg

donsullivan

Premium Member
When it comes to air conditioning, it doesn't matter what temperature you have it set at, somebody will not like it. Every temperature you choose is going to be simultaneously too cold for some, just right for some and too warm for others. And in today's world, everyone feels they have a right to complain about it and demand it be at the temperature they personally want it to be. It is not possible for Disney to chose a temperature that pleases all the millions of guests each year.

Then on top of that, every organization has goals for energy efficiency as part of their 'corporate responsibility' objectives whether they are financial or environmental. Disney has those same sorts of objectives. We've seen a lot of changes with the environmental goals in mind over the long arc of time. Everything from the sensors in the sliding doors that turn off the A/C when you open the door to the failed experiment with closing the doors (people thought the stores were closed) on Buena Vista street at DCA to save energy. Every organization has a responsibility to optimize their energy use. Sometimes they make the right choice and sometimes they make the wrong choice. However, just because you personally are too warm doesn't mean they have made the 'wrong' choice, just that you don't prefer their choice.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
However, just because you personally are too warm doesn't mean they have made the 'wrong' choice, just that you don't prefer their choice.
If they've got the store too warm for me, I don't shop there. Better to err on the side of too cool, I think... with the added bonus that if I get cold in the store, I'm more likely to buy a completely unnecessary sweat shirt.

righttrack

I've found they have the artic air coming down in a blast near the doors but not much on once inside. Sort of like a barrier to the heat.

LeighM

I've found it stuffy on the monorail for several years. But I had the opposite problem than you. I was there and it was cold most the week and it seemed like every place had on the AC or fans and all I wanted was some heat turned on LOL.

Goofyernmost

If they've got the store too warm for me, I don't shop there. Better to err on the side of too cool, I think... with the added bonus that if I get cold in the store, I'm more likely to buy a completely unnecessary sweat shirt.
The problem with that is that they will survive quite will without your personal money. Individually we have absolutely no power of persuasion.

Yert3

Original Poster
Its not even HOT yet in Florida :hilarious:
And? I am from CT, but previously lived in Memphis, TN for 11 years, which has summers that get up into the 110°’s and now here in Windermere for about a year now. I’m no stranger to hot weather, but even if it’s just 75°, that is still hot to me. Just because it’s not 98°+ in the middle of August doesn’t mean it isn’t hot. Try turning your AC off inside your home even at 70°. I can guarantee it won’t be comfortable.

kjb101791

I worked on Sunset back in my day. The AC in Legends of Hollywood broke in the summer and since only one or two CMs were in there at a time, it wasn't a huge priority. I had a manager that was a little crazy wouldn't let you roll your sleeves up since you were technically inside (you could only roll them outside). Basically, it was hot.

DisneyDoug85

Maybe, but, then again we have to take into account that a group of people can be standing in the same room and some will think it is hot, some that it is cold and others are just fine. Anyone that has worked in an office building is keenly aware of that.

YES, I do Maintenence in an office building with 500+ people. One of my responsibilities is to monitor/adjust temperatures and that is ABSOLUTELY true, 72 degrees will have me sweating while others are absolutely freezing. Everyone is different

cheezbat

Went on two monorails today (Peach and Yellow) and both had the AC blasting like the good old days. Please keep doing this, Disney.
Wish this was the case in the parks. Two weeks ago Haunted Mansion was hot. Yesterday It was hot in Tower of Terror and Spaceship Earth. I think they pick and choose where to blast the cold A/C. Lol

Figments Friend

I am currently here at WDW.
Wednesday I was at the MK all day, ice cold AC everywhere inside.
Didn't notice anything unusual.
Thursday I was at DAK all day and night.
More ice cold AC.

The issue must have been resolved, as I'm not experiencing any lack of freezing cold air indoors here on property.
The exception - Monorail Peach, but I had a free shower as water was dripping profusely from the ac unit above the seat.

But for the most part, the AC is in full force inside.
Outside however.....
Yeah, a bit different air quality !

-

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Wish this was the case in the parks. Two weeks ago Haunted Mansion was hot. Yesterday It was hot in Tower of Terror and Spaceship Earth. I think they pick and choose where to blast the cold A/C. Lol
Same for us in July. SSE was like a sauna.

Disstevefan1

For me it’s about half and half. Sometimes I will actually get a really cold monorail. This makes me wonder if the hot one’ air conditioning is actually broken and they aren’t bothering to fix it.
I agree, This is most likely the cause. I suspect cuts in staff , cuts in maintenance. The same reason why we see a lot of things broke in attractions. I suspect they will get around to it when they can.

New Magic Your Way Package includes a special Disney's Frozen® brand Olaf® personal flurry to keep you cool. Fifty-five dollars per day, two hundred dollars for length of stay. Flurries are not included in the dining plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom