What is going on with the air conditioning at WDW?

Yert3

Original Poster
I’m in line at Columbia Harbour House and it is unbelievably hot in here. The AC was off on Monorail Lime today and it seems half the time I take the monorail, it’s off. Under the sea journey of the little mermaid was also really hot. In years past, it was so cold inside that I would be shivering. Are they really cutting costs with the AC now? This is Florida. How do they expect to get away with this? I’m sorry for being a complainer, but it gets hot in Florida. AC is a must.

UncleMike101

I’m in line at Columbia Harbour House and it is unbelievably hot in here. The AC was off on Monorail Lime today and it seems half the time I take the monorail, it’s off. Under the sea journey of the little mermaid was also really hot. In years past, it was so cold inside that I would be shivering. Are they really cutting costs with the AC now? This is Florida. How do they expect to get away with this? I’m sorry for being a complainer, but it gets hot in Florida. AC is a must.
AC costs Iger & Co. money.
Anything that costs Iger & Co. money will be eliminated.
Resistance is futile.....................

Yert3

Original Poster
Completely agree. I haven’t been comfortable with the temperature on a monorail in a LONG
time.
For me it’s about half and half. Sometimes I will actually get a really cold monorail. This makes me wonder if the hot one’ air conditioning is actually broken and they aren’t bothering to fix it.

MarkTwain

The queue for Space Mountain was absolutely miserable a few months ago... I was sweating and we just stood in there for 10 minutes ago with a FastPass. I don't know how people wait 60+ minutes plus in there without losing their minds.

hanwill

I think those decisions (just like the removal of the fountains everywhere) are made by people living in California with 70 degress and no humidity... they need to take their happy decision making selves to Florida and tour like us for a week...No special backstage anything. We'd be back to fountains and A/C in 10 seconds...

Goofyernmost

Hasn't it been fairly cold down there in Florida until just a few days ago? Didn't they shut down the water parks because it was too cold? I can't speak for them, but, sometimes places have to manually reset the AC. If they are expecting more cold weather they may not turn it back on right away. That would be especially true if it is only a few hours in the day when it is warm. If mornings and evenings are cool, they don't need it to be arctic temperatures going into those times.

Just a guess, I have no idea how they work it. But, it seems like they are in an odd seasonal temperature just like most of the east coast is currently in.:cold::devilish:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I can't speak for them, but, sometimes places have to manually reset the AC. If they are expecting more cold weather they may not turn it back on right away. That would be especially true if it is only a few hours in the day when it is warm. If mornings and evenings are cool, they don't need it to be arctic temperatures going into those times.
I wouldn't expect a place that prides itself as being as modern and automated as WDW needs to manually reset A/C from "off" to "on."

crxbrett

I think those decisions (just like the removal of the fountains everywhere) are made by people living in California with 70 degress and no humidity... they need to take their happy decision making selves to Florida and tour like us for a week...No special backstage anything. We'd be back to fountains and A/C in 10 seconds...

Haha
Well we need A/C here, too! I live in the San Fernando Valley where it usually is 90-100 every day in summer with 105-110 days not uncommon. We hit 118 this past summer. Now along the coast near LAX, it rarely hits 80 even in summer. It's nearly impossible to live without a/c from Jun - October where I live.

But back to the topic, this past summer I didn't notice the a/c being any less cold than in years past really. My GF kept complaining ahe was cold and I would assure her to wait until we got outside again...and then you'll want to be back inside. lol

Goofyernmost

I wouldn't expect a place that prides itself as being as modern and automated as WDW needs to manually reset A/C from "off" to "on."
Maybe, but, then again we have to take into account that a group of people can be standing in the same room and some will think it is hot, some that it is cold and others are just fine. Anyone that has worked in an office building is keenly aware of that. Even, and I can vouch from experience, bus drivers are bombarded constantly with that personal reaction to room temperature. So basically, I just take it as a so what unless everyone is complaining about it. The bus had an even further consideration and that was... How did I feel. I always took into consideration that passengers would get on the bus for only a few minutes, I had to be on it all day long, so you can guess which direction I would lean...

John park hopper

Maybe, but, then again we have to take into account that a group of people can be standing in the same room and some will think it is hot, some that it is cold and others are just fine. Anyone that has worked in an office building is keenly aware of that. Even, and I can vouch from experience, bus drivers are bombarded constantly with that personal reaction to room temperature. So basically, I just take it as a so what unless everyone is complaining about it. The bus had an even further consideration and that was... How did I feel. I always took into consideration that passengers would get on the bus for only a few minutes, I had to be on it all day long, so you can guess which direction I would lean...

The Goldilocks syndrome

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom