Rumor What is everyone’s confidence level that a Villain’s land will happen?

Brer Oswald

I absolutely agree! While I do feel that WDW as a whole has a theming problem these rides are amazing and IP has been in the parks since day one. That’s what happens when a movie studio owns a theme park. Basing things off of the movies creates a connection before the guests even comes through the gate. That connection may not be there with everyone Disney knows it’s going to be there for enough people to drive interest.
Frozen and Rat are amazing? They're barely mediocre.

RosR9

I am curious if villains land comes to fruition what villains will be used. I can see Disney staying away from Dr Facilier and Jafar to avoid any controversy with racial stereotypes, fantasyland already has the evil queen from show white and Captain Hook and I can’t see them repeating them if villains ends up being in MK

DisDude33

Original Poster
Frozen and Rat are amazing? They're barely mediocre.
Then why are their lines so long?

I LOVE the Ratatouille ride and while I personally don’t have strong feeling about the Frozen ride my daughter and the rest of the target audience for that movie seem to go nuts for that ride. I know it sucks when you feel like a place you love it’s making stuff you like anymore but the fact is that as long as Disney’s rides land with the people they are making them for then they will keep doing it how they are doing it.

It will always be easier for a theme park (especially one owned by a movie studio) to get people on rides that relate to something that they already like. Plus, newer IP attracts newer people. It’s good for business to keep aiming for new fans instead of catering to the people already have hooked.

Brer Oswald

Then why are their lines so long?

I LOVE the Ratatouille ride and while I personally don’t have strong feeling about the Frozen ride my daughter and the rest of the target audience for that movie seem to go nuts for that ride. I know it sucks when you feel like a place you love it’s making stuff you like anymore but the fact is that as long as Disney’s rides land with the people they are making them for then they will keep doing it how they are doing it.

It will always be easier for a theme park (especially one owned by a movie studio) to get people on rides that relate to something that they already like. Plus, newer IP attracts newer people. It’s good for business to keep aiming for new fans instead of catering to the people already have hooked.
Epcot’s current attraction lineup is weak. World Showcase, despite taking up over half of the park, only has three rides. Rat and Frozen are also the only “newer” rides at the park that offer standby. It’s not hard to see why they pull long lines. But the lines they are pulling aren’t even that long in comparison to other popular attractions.

DCLcruiser

I first rode Rat in Paris, and I enjoyed it then, and I still do at EPCOT. It's a sold ride, and great execution of shrinking the audience. While it recreates scenes from the movie it actually inserts the audience into the action.

FEA is bad. It has nothing to do with Norway (other than a loose association to location), and is too close to a book report for my liking. We float past characters singing the same old songs, and there's very little action. It could be a lot better, and it should be about Norway with Frozen characters guiding us.

EricsBiscuit

Epcot’s current attraction lineup is weak. World Showcase, despite taking up over half of the park, only has three rides. Rat and Frozen are also the only “newer” rides at the park that offer standby. It’s not hard to see why they pull long lines. But the lines they are pulling aren’t even that long in comparison to other popular attractions.
I disagree, Epcot has a deceptively deep attraction roster. Well over 20 things when you include shows (e.g., AA). If you have never been to Epcot or haven’t been in a long time, it could easily take a day and a half to explore.

EricsBiscuit

It has quantity, but it lacks in quality (at least for the average guest). It is a fun park to walk around though.
Idk, I love the AA (one of the best attractions at WDW), Rat, 3 Cabs, LwtL, SSE, GotG, and I enjoy Frozen. That alone is more interesting than most other parks. It also has a ton of entertainment acts and great fireworks. This is despite Disney doing their worst to manage the park.

Centauri Space Station

It has quantity, but it lacks in quality (at least for the average guest). It is a fun park to walk around though.
SSE, LWTL, and AA are classics. GFT is close to classic. Guardians, TT, Soarin, Rat are fun newer rides. Impressions, and china are great films. Canada, Awesome planet are great updates. JOW, Seabase, the museums in Mexico, norway, china, America, japan, morocco are nice walk throughs. Unique restaurants like Garden Grill, Space 220, Biergarten, San Angel Inn add to the uniqueness.

I too hold hope Villains is reserved as the theme for a 5th park, if that ever happens.

DHS needs rides, but I agree the park needs to stick with single IP-based lands to hold on to some semblance of a “live the movies” theme

Magic is just way oversaturated for me. Moana and Coco and Villains would just be too much in a park that is already impossible to experience in a day

The Chatbox Ghost

I too hold hope Villains is reserved as the theme for a 5th park, if that ever happens.

DHS needs rides, but I agree the park needs to stick with single IP-based lands to hold on to some semblance of a “live the movies” theme

Magic is just way oversaturated for me. Moana and Coco and Villains would just be too much in a park that is already impossible to experience in a day
I feel like a 5th Park is very unlikely to happen with how much there is in Florida right now. It'd likely just eat into Disney's other parks, with people replacing one of the original four with the fifth, rather than staying longer. Vacation time for most Americans is really little nowadays, as are budgets.

I feel like a 5th Park is very unlikely to happen with how much there is in Florida right now. It'd likely just eat into Disney's other parks, with people replacing one of the original four with the fifth, rather than staying longer. Vacation time for most Americans is really little nowadays, as are budgets.
Here’s hoping some magical market research reveals a fifth park is an opportunity to go after the Universal segment with a more thrill-oriented ride lineup and not-too-much cannibalization. Villains would be perfect for that

doctornick

Here’s hoping some magical market research reveals a fifth park is an opportunity to go after the Universal segment with a more thrill-oriented ride lineup and not-too-much cannibalization. Villains would be perfect for that
A fifth park is a terrible idea until/unless the non-MK parks are built up a lot more. A big reason why WDW becomes a slog to visit for most people is because each park doesn’t have enough to make touring palatable with shorter waits but you feel compelled to visit each park because they all have “can’t miss” stuff. They need to make each of the non-MK “better” with a ton more capacity before adding another park to the profile.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
There are already plenty of ride parks like Universal, SeaWorld, funspot, etc.

A fifth park is a terrible idea until/unless the non-MK parks are built up a lot more. A big reason why WDW becomes a slog to visit for most people is because each park doesn’t have enough to make touring palatable with shorter waits but you feel compelled to visit each park because they all have “can’t miss” stuff. They need to make each of the non-MK “better” with a ton more capacity before adding another park to the profile.
I kind of agree, but additional rides are justifying more capacity into the parks. So the lines will continue…

Not sure why Moana, Coco and potentially Villains are being added to MK

Chef idea Mickey`=

I kind of agree, but additional rides are justifying more capacity into the parks. So the lines will continue…

Not sure why Moana, Coco and potentially Villains are being added to MK
Moana is one of Disney's most successful IP and with two additional films coming in it's desirable at this point of a top signature attraction and Adventureland is the best spot for it since the concept art drifted away from having one in AK.

Coco is the only significant land left remaining from the concept for BBTM since Encanto has moved out of it.

Villans to me is unknown. I always felt it was a juggernut to see the responses from the crowd. Someone else also pointed it out it was kind of odd it's unveiling announcement at the time being to prior to Universal’s big official forthcoming unveiling of Epic Universe's Lands.. looking at you Dark Universe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom