Rumor What is everyone’s confidence level that a Villain’s land will happen?

MrPromey

universal is working on fixing this as we speak, expanding the maintenance bay to hopefully consistantly run the intended 10 trains
Any idea how many typically run at this point?

I had no idea it wasn't already at full capacity.

Curious how much that'll put a dent in the demand vs. supply situation, there.

Surferboy567

There's been proposals for this land at DHS and MK with budgets and everything but no "GO!' sign. But they're serious about this happening eventually internally.

If this shows up at D23, I'll be very shocked if they announce a park that'd house it and I expect more BlueSky involving it.

This post is more a recap of what we know but, just throwing all cards on the table.
Really hoping it’s not another blue sky thing. That’s really not what is needed right now.

I’m optimistic for D23

The Chatbox Ghost

There's been proposals for this land at DHS and MK with budgets and everything but no "GO!' sign. But they're serious about this happening eventually internally.

If this shows up at D23, I'll be very shocked if they announce a park that'd house it and I expect more BlueSky involving it.

This post is more a recap of what we know but, just throwing all cards on the table.
Any clue of which park they’re leaning towards? I really think MK would be the better fit and I really hope Imagineers feel the same. Hollywood should be the IP specific land dumping ground, not the castle park.

Phicinfan

I know this won't be popular, but I just don't think they pull this trigger. To me this is the perfect fit for a "5th" gate, if they ever decide to do it.

Making a park fully fantasy driven - with a villians area vs. "hero" fantasy area and maybe even throwing in the original thoughts for AK.

I just think to shove this into one corner of any current park as an aside, won't do this justice.

jpinkc

I hate to agree with the "They wont do anything" crowd. But whatever it is they do its 1 Too Late, 2 Will Take WAY TO LONG, 3 It wont be on the level of what came before. I mean look at Epcot, sorry that was a downgrade to me, Not worth the time or the money. Look at the New Hotels, Uhm Hello Cold Corporate Business Hotel!!! They forget or dont want to realize what the Original Hotels did. They had Whimsey, they had great Design, Allowed some escapism from the Outside World, They Felt Disney! (referring to Park Hotels not Aulani etc) I know the feeling part is subjective but I think people here get what I am saying. They just arent Disney.

easyrowrdw

That would be pretty obnoxious IMO. They already did that two years ago. If they're not ready to commit to something, then I'd prefer they say nothing.

Moth

That would be pretty obnoxious IMO. They already did that two years ago. If they're not ready to commit to something, then I'd prefer they say nothing.
I think they know this is The Dream for a lot of fans and don't want to commit to a solid plan until they know exactly what they want to do. I'd rather this be a swing and a home run they spend a lot of time on rather than a haphazard rushed announcement.

I'll be irritated if it's another bluesky in terms of plans, but I'll be happy if they commit to a Villains land existing in Florida.

Sneakman

Fair enough. I’m really hoping for MK because I think Zootopia and/or Cars lands would just not work at all for what that park is.
Dhs could use another family ride that isn’t trackless. Maybe an Omni over or a different kind of interactive one. I do think cars land could fit that mold, but I think that ship has sailed. I could go on and on about muppets again, but I’ll spare y’all. All I will say is my dream would be mupppets dark ride replacing Indy’s spot eventually.

Sneakman

I think they know this is The Dream for a lot of fans and don't want to commit to a solid plan until they know exactly what they want to do. I'd rather this be a swing and a home run they spend a lot of time on rather than a haphazard rushed announcement.

I'll be irritated if it's another bluesky in terms of plans, but I'll be happy if they commit to a Villains land existing in Florida.
I do like that they have this attitude, and i hope they share it with figment.

maleficentfan

While I'd love a park to be named, I'd be completely ok if all we get at D23 concerning a Villains land is 1) Confirmation that it is happening and 2) More bluesky to prove they're still throwing ideas around and it's not just word service. We know that confirmation that they're going to do XYZ doesn't mean anything. See D23 with Poppins, Main Street Theatre, etc. At least with new concept art we'd see that they're invested in at least ideas of where they're thinking they want to go with the direction of the land.

jpinkc

While I'd love a park to be named, I'd be completely ok if all we get at D23 concerning a Villains land is 1) Confirmation that it is happening and 2) More bluesky to prove they're still throwing ideas around and it's not just word service. We know that confirmation that they're going to do XYZ doesn't mean anything. See D23 with Poppins, Main Street Theatre, etc. At least with new concept art we'd see that they're invested in at least ideas of where they're thinking they want to go with the direction of the land.
My biggest problem with more of the Concept Art from Current Disney, is what we actually get after the presentation isnt close to the Concept. Disney was much better about this in the past (not meaning from Walt). They knew if they showed the Fans the Concept Art it better be what is going to happen.......

Gusey

I'll be interested in what they announce for the Disney Destiny ship that is supposed to be themed to Heroes and Villains, and whether anything can translate from the cruise ship to the parks?

ZachPL

Any idea how many typically run at this point?

I had no idea it wasn't already at full capacity.

Curious how much that'll put a dent in the demand vs. supply situation, there.

8 or 9 depending on how things are going, the maintenance required each day turned out not to really be doable in the space they have currently, they were using the old maintenance bay from dueling dragons I believe. eltororyan has a youtube video on the update. I think the goal is to get it to 10 trains regularly so they can start offering express.

Nickm2022

My personal opinion is I don't care when or how they do villains land. I get if they don't want to announce it right now because they need more time, I also personally feel it needs to go and Magic, and that Hollywood should get the lands themed around very specific franchises, not a multi franchised land like FS or Villains for example. I would be ok if they blue sky announce it in that "we don't know how its gonna look, but its going here in this area, and it will be something at this scale." In general I don't think blue sky is bad, but it's when the blue sky is stuff we're never getting in any sort of way that its an issue

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom