Rumor What is everyone’s confidence level that a Villain’s land will happen?

JD80

Yep. I’ll even toss out a shout out for the Ducktales activity which is a great way to explore the WS pavilions especially for families with kids.

I spent two days at EPCOT back in December and we didn't have time for it. Was doing the cookie stroll and the olaf sleigh activity.

Highly recommend one of those games if available when you go. The kids loved them. We spend 30 minutes in each pavilion eating and searching over two days. Not having to worry about keeping a 5 nearly 6 year old engaged was great.

Jrb1979

Yes, but that helps illustrate the point I was making later in that same post. They are great rides to their target audiences. A lot of people on here seem to lose sight of the fact that Disney World is a theme park made mostly for children and families. At the end of the day our grown up opinions about any of it doesn’t matter.
I don't have an issue with adding great rides to their target audience. For me it's more about fitting them into the parks theme. I feel they are slowly turning into extensions of MK.

Maybe the new fans don't care but for me what made Disney parks unique was each park had a different theme.

Epcot’s current attraction lineup is weak. World Showcase, despite taking up over half of the park, only has three rides. Rat and Frozen are also the only “newer” rides at the park that offer standby. It’s not hard to see why they pull long lines. But the lines they are pulling aren’t even that long in comparison to other popular attractions.
Epcot is already imo one of the harder parks to "do everything in" it can use some attractions but its FAR from the park that needs them the most. Animal Kingdom was struggling for years to leave the half-day park label (imo it is a full-day park especially since Pandora even when there was Fastpass etc) But let's say you took the budget for 2-3 (most likely) big budget Epcot rides and gave Animal Kingdom 3-5 lower budget rides. It would do wonders for the park, especially if you can share the costs between multiple parks (Lion King, New Avatar Ride), add in some more simple people eater rides (imo what Animal Kingdom could use). You would spend a little more money obviously with more rides but (and this is a pipe dream) 5 more rides total at Animal Kingdom would basically completely wash away the half day park notion for that park and make the least ride-packed Disney park still have more rides than Universal's new toy. (Good for marketing)

It just makes better financial sense to put the rides elsewhere rather than Epcot which has a lot to do already

Epcot is already imo one of the harder parks to "do everything in" it can use some attractions but its FAR from the park that needs them the most. Animal Kingdom was struggling for years to leave the half-day park label (imo it is a full-day park especially since Pandora even when there was Fastpass etc) But let's say you took the budget for 2-3 (most likely) big budget Epcot rides and gave Animal Kingdom 3-5 lower budget rides. It would do wonders for the park, especially if you can share the costs between multiple parks (Lion King, New Avatar Ride), add in some more simple people eater rides (imo what Animal Kingdom could use). You would spend a little more money obviously with more rides but (and this is a pipe dream) 5 more rides total at Animal Kingdom would basically completely wash away the half day park notion for that park and make the least ride-packed Disney park still have more rides than Universal's new toy. (Good for marketing)

It just makes better financial sense to put the rides elsewhere rather than Epcot which has a lot to do already
I agree. I'd put MK in the same bucket as Epcot (where not to put new rides; re-skins / updates ok) and DHS in the same bucket as Animal (where new rides should go to fill out and add balance)

Is Radiator Springs (the land) still on the table for DHS? Or is it just Villains?

Tha Realest

Yes, but that helps illustrate the point I was making later in that same post. They are great rides to their target audiences. A lot of people on here seem to lose sight of the fact that Disney World is a theme park made mostly for children and families. At the end of the day our grown up opinions about any of it doesn’t matter.
sure, but the assertion you responded to was that the rides were mediocre. In attempting to dispute that, you pointed to long wait times. I don’t think we can infer a certain level of quality on these attractions solely on their wait times.

erasure fan1

Epcot is already imo one of the harder parks to "do everything in" it can use some attractions but its FAR from the park that needs them the most. Animal Kingdom was struggling for years to leave the half-day park label (imo it is a full-day park especially since Pandora even when there was Fastpass etc) But let's say you took the budget for 2-3 (most likely) big budget Epcot rides and gave Animal Kingdom 3-5 lower budget rides. It would do wonders for the park,
You'd have to define do everything. It's not that hard to do all the attractions at Epcot in a day. Now add in visit all the world showcase pavilions, no chance. But for me, world showcase has always been a meh. I'll see the rides and american adventure, look at the Koi and trains, walk through the Japan store and I'm good. So I think it does need a couple more world showcase rides and one more larger ride in the old wonders of life.

But that is why Disney is so screwed. You have 3 parks that need a significant attraction add. Sure Epcot is in a better place than the studios and animal kingdom. But all 3 need major work to take some pressure off of magic kingdom.

Last edited:

bwr827

sure, but the assertion you responded to was that the rides were mediocre. In attempting to dispute that, you pointed to long wait times. I don’t think we can infer a certain level of quality on these attractions solely on their wait times.
It’s a relevant metric, even if not the only metric. They’re the two rope-drop targets.

That would change to a significant extent if Guardians opened up standby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom