What is #Disney-Central and How to Use Guide

icunurseceleste

DisneyJedi said:
I use Sysreset instead of Invision. It has the same file browser ability, but on by default without having to mess with settings.

http://www.sysreset.com/

Oh Disney Jedi-
I need you to send the force my way....
Due to worm and trojan issues with Invision- I had downloaded the brower from sysreset and it works fine. I am able to connect-but I don't know how to use the commands. Is there a help file? I can change directories and see the larger category of files- but not specific files or be able to get them.

Please, please help me!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Briefly, once connected, !list will show you all the current servers. Select one (eg !Dolby) and accept. Once in a servers window, dir will show you all the sub directories of that server. Pick one (drag left key mouse over it to highlight, release, type cd (change directory) in the command at screen bottom and right click and paste) The press enter.

Now type dir for the list of that sub directory. Keep going until you find what you want, then highlight the file as above - don`t highlight the mb size, but DO incluse the suffix (.mp3, .wmv etc) and copy again. Type get on the command line, then right click and paste, and enter. You will either be queued or the transfer will begin.

Others- cd: to go back a directory level, queues to see who is queing (and how many) and sends to see whats being sent (and how long is left)

Or use invision! You do get used to it - just like DOS used to be!

icunurseceleste

marni1971 said:
Briefly, once connected, !list will show you all the current servers. Select one (eg !Dolby) and accept. Once in a servers window, dir will show you all the sub directories of that server. Pick one (drag left key mouse over it to highlight, release, type cd (change directory) in the command at screen bottom and right click and paste) The press enter.

Now type dir for the list of that sub directory. Keep going until you find what you want, then highlight the file as above - don`t highlight the mb size, but DO incluse the suffix (.mp3, .wmv etc) and copy again. Type get on the command line, then right click and paste, and enter. You will either be queued or the transfer will begin.

Others- cd: to go back a directory level, queues to see who is queing (and how many) and sends to see whats being sent (and how long is left)

Or use invision! You do get used to it - just like DOS used to be!

OKAY-
I was able to download two songs....but I cannot download anything else. I type get then highlight the song I want and right click and paste it into the box....and the system tells me that it is not a valid file- yet I haven't changed anything from when I got the two previous songs to work. :lookaroun

I'm so confused...any suggestions or help would be apprecaited. I am not getting any help or responses from my desperate pleas on MIRC.

Thanks!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Possibly doublecheck the filename is correct, sometimes I`ve not copied it from the start of the name (eg >>Martins Disneyland Paris song, I`ve left off >>) or now and then you do find a file that dosn`t exist - but 2 in one go is unlucky! Also check spaces (cd disneyland with a gap after cd)

icunurseceleste

dolbyman said:
I'll try to help ya as soon as I spot ya in the channel :wave:

Thank you! I appreciate it. Last time I used a command program like this on the internet was when I was in college in the 90's and I was in a chat/game room- I think it was called lambda moo?

By the way- I LOVE the avitar. The demonic Mickey is pretty funny- not an image you would normally think of and associate with him. Maybe this is how he feels after a long day in the park....:) I know I do.

icunurseceleste

marni1971 said:
Possibly doublecheck the filename is correct, sometimes I`ve not copied it from the start of the name (eg >>Martins Disneyland Paris song, I`ve left off >>) or now and then you do find a file that dosn`t exist - but 2 in one go is unlucky! Also check spaces (cd disneyland with a gap after cd)

I'll keep on trying....thanks. The 30 second rule drives me CRAZY....it's really hard to be new and try to figure this program out and do it in 30 seconds without getting timed out! Here's to fast typing and/or cutting and pasting.:hammer:

DisneyJedi

icunurseceleste said:
I'll keep on trying....thanks. The 30 second rule drives me CRAZY....it's really hard to be new and try to figure this program out and do it in 30 seconds without getting timed out! Here's to fast typing and/or cutting and pasting.:hammer:

type in

dir

once in awhile to get a directory list if you think you'll take longer than 30 seconds to figure out what you want. That'll keep the session open. It's not a 30 second 'rule', but the default behavior or most file serving IRC clients. They just come like that.

Sorry I couldn't be of any help yesterday. I had to go a funeral about a 4-hour drive away and be back the same day (8 hours total road time). I'm beat. :(

icunurseceleste

DisneyJedi said:
type in

dir

once in awhile to get a directory list if you think you'll take longer than 30 seconds to figure out what you want. That'll keep the session open. It's not a 30 second 'rule', but the default behavior or most file serving IRC clients. They just come like that.

Sorry I couldn't be of any help yesterday. I had to go a funeral about a 4-hour drive away and be back the same day (8 hours total road time). I'm beat. :(

Thank you for the advice and sorry for loss.

icunurseceleste

Any suggestions....
I downloaded DIVX and wishes from the site...I can get all of the other videos to play that I have downloaded- except WISHES? I can't get it to play even with the player that DIVX has- any suggestions?

Other than that- I think I'm getting the hang of this...maybe:rolleyes:

icunurseceleste

marni1971 said:
Bet it was mine.....

Divx can be a pain in the rear.

Is was wdw_-_wishes_fireworks_high_quality_divx_(maxime29)

On WMP it won't play at all. With the divx player it will play 14 seconds and then freeze.

Any suggestions?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Phew..not mine!

Strange, sound like a bad encode. I`m sure I`ve got that vid okay. When I can find it I`ll check (or grab it again) - unless Dolby beats me to it!

PS, Dolby, more vids coming very soon! One last blast before I start my next contract.

Laura

Premium Member
icunurseceleste said:
Is was wdw_-_wishes_fireworks_high_quality_divx_(maxime29)

On WMP it won't play at all. With the divx player it will play 14 seconds and then freeze.

Any suggestions?

I downloaded that yesterday and I can't play it either.

Laura

Premium Member
A question while I'm on this thread - a lot of the .avi files I've downloaded only play music and don't have a picture. Example - kitchen_kaberet_1991_0025_ru. Am I doing something wrong?

dolbyman

A question while I'm on this thread - a lot of the .avi files I've downloaded only play music and don't have a picture. Example - kitchen_kaberet_1991_0025_ru. Am I doing something wrong?

both files are in divx .. be sure to have the latest divx codec installed (www.divx.com)

also most of myvideos are encoded in xvid .. you can get it here www.koepi.org :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom