What is #Disney-Central and How to Use Guide

Mystic

Help!!

Help! I've downloaded mIRC and I've connected to Disney-Central but I can't get Invision to work. I've downloaded it and run it so it's installed but I can't get it to work and I can't get the guide to open. I can access the chat room but I haven't the foggiest idea of how to get anything downloaded.

Mystic

I have adobe reader, the latest version in fact and it starts to open but then the whole window shuts down. I've got mIRC working but in the command line format. How do I get it to work in the point and click method? Also is there a way to get the time changed on when you get the idle connection closing?

dolbyman

the idle connection timeout is on the server side .. not yours .. you can't change it ... innvsion would help though

strange that the guide won't work on your machine .. :veryconfu never heard of any problem with those :confused:

PBarton

Hello all!! :)

Just a quick question...

I have noticed when typing !list that sometimes there are servers listed such as Pack7 (Disneyworldisheaven) etc. Just how do you get on to these servers?

If I click on them in the server ads box, it just prints Disneyworld is heaven at the bottom of the box and nothing happens??

Also Disneylandsource does nothing either.. am I doing something wrong?

Thanks to all at DC!! It rules!! :kiss:

dolbyman

I think they are using some other protocol than ctcp ..haven't been albled to get on those either (but never tried to hard :lol: )

PBarton

dolbyman said:
I think they are using some other protocol than ctcp ..haven't been albled to get on those either (but never tried to hard :lol: )
Wow! Thanks for the quick reply! I guess that it shall remain a mystery then!

Thanks anyway, Dolbyman

angelfaerie52

question...

=
dolbyman said:
in the invision main settings is a checkbox named use fserver explorer

make sure it's ticked :wave:

My Invision and Mirc Setup looks different than the one in the FAQ. Maybe it is a new version? The mirc thing says Invision,but I do not know how to go in and tick off fserver explorer. Help!

dolbyman

The mirc thing says Invision,but I do not know how to go in and tick off fserver explorer. Help!

the "Mirc Thing" :confused: what you mean by that ?

search for the Invision tab between tools and window in the main window (the one that in most programs contains file,edit,view, and so on .. hope you know what I mean)

angelfaerie52

dolbyman said:
the "Mirc Thing" :confused: what you mean by that ?

search for the Invision tab between tools and window in the main window (the one that in most programs contains file,edit,view, and so on .. hope you know what I mean)

I ultimately found it... but for some reason, I had to reinstall mIRC and Invision for the tab saying Invision. Interesting indeed... thanks anyway.

mrtoad

Hi,

I tried this like a year ago and had no luck so I just tried re-installing and I am not sure if this is right. It looks like I am connected to #Disney-Central but if I type in !list it just shows <@mrtoad197>!list.

I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone help? I have loaded both MIRC and Invision. The instructions were a little different than what the apps looked like but I think it is just that they are newer versions.

Thanks,
Mike :)

mrtoad

Well, I am a little further but still stuck. I got it to let me in to see what is there. I found an audio file of the entire Country Bear show but when I double click is shows "get country bear jamboree.mp3" but nothing happens. After than it just keeps saying invision idle.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike

barnum42

mrtoad said:
Well, I am a little further but still stuck. I got it to let me in to see what is there. I found an audio file of the entire Country Bear show but when I double click is shows "get country bear jamboree.mp3" but nothing happens. After than it just keeps saying invision idle.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike
Probably doing nothing wrong. You may just be in a queue waiting your turn to get the file. Was there any mention of that?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Mike,when you type !list nothing happens but <@mrtoad197>!list? Dont you get a list of who is serving? Sounds like you`re not connected.

Sorry for the vague reply but I`m no expert in IRC either. We`ll keep trying though!

mrtoad

Hi,

Thanks both. I can connect now, now sure what was wrong. I did not see where I was in line but finally something downloaded so I must have. I will try again tonight.

I appreciate your help and replies.

Mike

barnum42

Glad to hear it's working. When you select a file to download, it should display where in that particular server's queue your request will be.

mrtoad

barnum42 said:
Glad to hear it's working. When you select a file to download, it should display where in that particular server's queue your request will be.

Thanks, I will try again when I get home. I am looking for some WDW music to listen to in the car with my daughter to pump her up (not that she needs it) for our trip next week. We only told her on Sunday we were going so I am not sure if she realizes it is so close. :)

icunurseceleste

DisneyJedi said:
Honestly in the 2+ years #disney-central has operated, NO ONE has ever sent me a virus. In fact, in the 10 years I have been using IRC, I have NEVER EVER gotten a virus through it. I've been using IRC since 1994 or so. Granted back then it was very basic chatting (no files), but still.

You really have nothing to worry about if you are careful or set your Mirc program to be restrictive to the files it accepts.

Just an FYI-
I downloaded the programs today and Norton blocked both a worm and a trojan horse....
I would love to get this to work...I downloaded the programs fine, I then tried to set up invision and then it told me I was running duplicate versions...then I got a million worm and trojan horse messages....can someone just come and make this work? :dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom