What is #Disney-Central and How to Use Guide

mickey04

Alright, I just completely reinstalled everything and followed every guide from the very beginning. On thing I gotta say is, while I can appreciate all the work you guys must have put into making those guides, with the new versions out there, its already a bit outdated and hard to follow. For example, in the Invision guide it tells you to go to "Invision" on the file menu, but I don't have that. Also some of the IRC screens don't match exactly.

So any way, any more help would really really be appreciated- I want me some Disney music. Again, I can get into the new channel and all, but once I try to have a file sent, the download box pops up, and then it says that the connection failed. :brick: :brick: :brick:

RU42

Original Poster
mickey04 said:
Alright, I just completely reinstalled everything and followed every guide from the very beginning. On thing I gotta say is, while I can appreciate all the work you guys must have put into making those guides, with the new versions out there, its already a bit outdated and hard to follow. For example, in the Invision guide it tells you to go to "Invision" on the file menu, but I don't have that. Also some of the IRC screens don't match exactly.

So any way, any more help would really really be appreciated- I want me some Disney music. Again, I can get into the new channel and all, but once I try to have a file sent, the download box pops up, and then it says that the connection failed. :brick: :brick: :brick:

A new guide is currently under development. We are also working on pre-configured mIRC/Invision program. All you do is download and unzip. Dixie is working on both of those.

RU

mickey04

I appreciate you guys making a new guide. Let me know as soon as you get the Invision/IRC package, cuz I still can't get it to work.

muddyrivers

Try starting otu first by just downloading mIRC at mirc.com Then, follow all the instructions exactly in the guide. Once you can get in the channel, someone there can help you step by step in real time to set up Invision for you.

tigger248

Question, I've noticed that ever since I switched over to IRChighway from newnet, it seems that I fail to receive a lot of files. I fail to receive more than I successfully receive by far. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?

RU42

Original Poster
tigger248 said:
Question, I've noticed that ever since I switched over to IRChighway from newnet, it seems that I fail to receive a lot of files. I fail to receive more than I successfully receive by far. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?

This does not sound like a configuration problem. I have had similar problems over the weekend grabbing some audio. Some came thru and some did not. I have no logical reason for it.

RU

sumedw

where on disney central can you find all these disney world files you can download because I am having trouble finding them?

Steve

K-dub

mickey04 said:
For example, in the Invision guide it tells you to go to "Invision" on the file menu, but I don't have that. Also some of the IRC screens don't match exactly.
That's where I'm stuck too, and evidently the "Use Fserve Explorer" function isn't enabled because I don't have the "point & click" functionality Invision was supposed to provide.

Any ideas on where to find the "Use Fserve Explorer" feature?? I'm using mIRC v6.16 and Invision 2.0 build 3515.

Thanx!

RU42

Original Poster
K-dub said:
That's where I'm stuck too, and evidently the "Use Fserve Explorer" function isn't enabled because I don't have the "point & click" functionality Invision was supposed to provide.

Any ideas on where to find the "Use Fserve Explorer" feature?? I'm using mIRC v6.16 and Invision 2.0 build 3515.

Thanx!

Menu Options on the top of the screen

INVISION
MAIN SETTING
Should be on the first window, right side, 3 section down under the misc settings.

MICKEY04 - If you do not see Invision as a menu setting then the install did not find your mIRC. I would recommend installing again. Some people have problems if their mIRC program folder has a space anywhere in the file structions (ie Program Files.) I have never had that problem but maybe try installing mICR to a root folder c:/mirc

RU

K-dub

RU,

Thanx, but I didn't have the "Invision" menu setting either. I just uninstalled and reinstalled both the mIRC & Invision and voila!

We're listening to DISNEY!!!!!

THANX!

barnum42

basas said:
>most confusing thing EVER! LOL - theres gotta be an easier way to do it.
After I read the instructions several times it all fell into place, then got even easier when I installed Invision. But I discovered you need the right version of Invision for your version of MIRC. Also MIRC seems to swap the contents of it's menus around, so you need to explore a bit to find the appropriate settings.

The recent network problems (out of Disney-Central's control) have not helped clarify things either :lol:

However when the version of MIRC with Invision installed has been sorted, life should be a lot easier.

RU42

Original Poster
K-dub - welcome, glad things worked out for you!

Basas - takes a little getting used to but once you do the reward is a 200gigs of Disney stuff. Well worth the exploration.

RU

doppio

First, I am new here but love what you all have done with this site. I have been enjoying mirc for about a week now. Great stuff. I starting having a problem yesterday and hope I haven't done anything wrong. When I double click a server I get a pop up window saying that "so and so is trying to start a chat", when I press except I get nothing. I cannot download anything. Have I been block? I hope I make sense. Thankyou!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom