What if Disney went dry......

Maelstrom Troll

Original Poster
Dry as in no alcohol! Obviously this isnt a proposal, petition, or soapbox (I enjoy a nice beer or cocktail) but how would you feel IF it did happen. The reason I ask is that over the last 5-10 years, drinking has found a way into many facets of the parks. Of course there has always been wine and beer with meals, the WS, and later Food and Wine, etc etc but this past trip around Christmas left my jaw open. I mean I like a beer and trying new craft beers whenever I can but it seemed like Epcot had a temporary beer, wine, or liquor booth every 50 yards. IMO it’s too much of a good thing and feels totally forced.
So if Disney were to reverse roles and pull alcohol from the parks, I personally wouldn’t miss it. Of course a simpler pairing back is preferred so it wouldnt be so in your face, but I could live without. I’m just curious how people would see the parks without the option to drink.
Hope everyone is off to a good weekend!
Matt

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I enjoy a margarita or a glass of wine at Epcot, specifically at World Showcase, that side of the park feels more "adult" to me. I'm not looking to get drunk. Unfortunately, some seem unable to drink in moderation, and that's a problem, imo.

I personally wouldn't mind much if Disney parks went dry, as long as Disney resorts and Disney Springs continued to offer bars/lounges for those who choose to enjoy adult beverages responsibly.

Walt Disney1955

You mean just the parks? Yeah, that's fine. Now, correct me if I am wrong but does Magic Kingdom still not serve any alcohol at restaurants? As far as I know it doesn't. Even the fancier restaurants in there don't, I don't think at least.

I am not much of a drinker. I bought some Caesars at the beginning of the summer and just finished them up the other day. I was at a campfire last week and had a beer but hadn't had one in about 4-5 months. We were at the parks last year for about two weeks and I honestly don't think I had a single drink. My wife had a glass of wine at the Boardwalk in the ESPN restaurant and we had a few Pina Colodas back at our unit but that's it. Outside of my room, nothing.

It is alright if Epcot has it though. It is the more adult park and the Food and Wine festival is still a big deal. Obviously people need to be adults about it and remember they are in a public place, but yeah leave it there. I am fine with the rest of the parks being dry. Disney Springs, the Boardwalk and places like that can have drinks.

nickys

Premium Member
You mean just the parks? Yeah, that's fine. Now, correct me if I am wrong but does Magic Kingdom still not serve any alcohol at restaurants? As far as I know it doesn't. Even the fancier restaurants in there don't, I don't think at least.

I am not much of a drinker. I bought some Caesars at the beginning of the summer and just finished them up the other day. I was at a campfire last week and had a beer but hadn't had one in about 4-5 months. We were at the parks last year for about two weeks and I honestly don't think I had a single drink. My wife had a glass of wine at the Boardwalk in the ESPN restaurant and we had a few Pina Colodas back at our unit but that's it. Outside of my room, nothing.

It is alright if Epcot has it though. It is the more adult park and the Food and Wine festival is still a big deal. Obviously people need to be adults about it and remember they are in a public place, but yeah leave it there. I am fine with the rest of the parks being dry. Disney Springs, the Boardwalk and places like that can have drinks.

MK now sells alcohol at TS restaurants only. Plus BOG at breakfast and lunch.

Robbiem

I have nothing against drinking but i dont feel the need to in a theme park, except possibly a drink with a nice sit down meal and certainly not wandering around with a drink like I was on the Vegas strip

Maybe disney should take some of the booze away from the parks and bring back an adult area like the old pleasure island

dreamfinder912

Observation purely from my own life: I drank more before turning 21 than I have in the 6 years since. Don't have anything against it, just no longer really have the desire for a headache the next day. I drank in college when it wasn't legal because that's when it felt "fun." IMO if Disney went dry it'd be part of the "game" to get booze in and get drunk in the parks.

Also these days what even is there to do at Epcot but drink and eat?

Heppenheimer

I'm now a non-drinker (I got sick of the unpredictable headaches and nausea even small amounts of alcohol started to cause me), but I have no problem with others enjoying some booze. This doesn't personally affect me now, but it would have in my 20s... as a lifetime Disney parks fan, as a young adult, it was difficult to convince others my age to take a weekend trip (this was when I was stationed in Georgia). But the promise of a booze-filled romp through Epcot and what was then Pleasure Island (or maybe it was already Downtown Disney, I can't remember) sold at least a few people.

I'm thinking there must be 20-something Disney fans now in the same predicament.

Nottamus

I don’t think it would do anything except like stated above, have Disney lose money.

Bad behavior would still happen, because then people who NEED to drink a lot, would just do so off park, and show up drunk.

buttheads gonna be buttheads

I don’t know how people would want to get wasted drunk on a Disney vacation...seems like you’d miss a lot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom