What if Disney went dry......

Heppenheimer

Disney tailgating. With the recent increase in F&B. That would be quite the dynamic - seeing people hanging out in the parking lot with grills going and passing out beer. I like it.
Perhaps it's just me, but I never understood the appeal of getting drunk in a parking lot. If I was still a drinker, there's plenty of places I would enjoy getting buzzed, but in a sea of concrete and cars... just seems kind of sad.

Cmdr_Crimson

It would affect a few...
Simpsons_08_19_P1_640x360_318676547956.jpg

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Perhaps it's just me, but I never understood the appeal of getting drunk in a parking lot. If I was still a drinker, there's plenty of places I would enjoy getting buzzed, but in a sea of concrete and cars... just seems kind of sad.

Drinking a beer and getting drunk are two totally different things. Just because someone drinks does not make them a "drunk".

If I was still a drinker, there's plenty of places I would enjoy getting buzzed

Sounds like your thought process is more aligned with moderation. And yes, people can drink too much - but they can also eat too much, smoke too much, shop too much, complain too much.......

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

Drinking a beer and getting drunk are two totally different things. Just because someone drinks does not make them a "drunk".

Sounds like your thought process is more aligned with moderation. And yes, people can drink too much - but they can also eat too much, smoke too much, shop too much, complain too much.......
Ok, allow me to rephrase. I've never understood the appeal of drinking in a parking lot... or doing anything in a parking lot other than parking.

Lilofan

Far from being sad, perhaps to you..It's actually a brother/sisterhood, ice breaker, music, dance, singing, sharing food and drink, stories, recipies, networking, in the world of tailgaiting. What do you expect, palm trees and white soft sand?

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Tailgating at college football games has become an art form. People show up in motor homes (have reserved spaces) big screen TV (watch the game) do barbecue on large cookers, it's not just a beer fest for 20 year olds more a social gathering for the older crowd (late 30's-60) who are avid fans.

And the amazing thing is in many cases they don't even attend the actual game. We may develop a new culture where people just hang out at the EPCOT parking lot - cook, drink, share Disney videos and stories - then go home. If Disney could monetize it, they'd be all for it.

(Obviously there is /sarc in some of my post - but not all of it)

Lilofan

And the amazing thing is in many cases they don't even attend the actual game. We may develop a new culture where people just hang out at the EPCOT parking lot - cook, drink, share Disney videos and stories - then go home. If Disney could monetize it, they'd be all for it.

(Obviously there is /sarc in some of my post - but not all of it)
Disney got a head start. They keep raising the parking fees. Maybe they will dream up " Everyone parking in the Pluto lot for tailgating the parking price will be $... ". And maybe the characters show up for a meet and greet just like at the Epcot marathon finish line every year in the guest parking lot. DJ included. just a thought.😉

Raineman

I love how multiple “alcohol at WDW” threads always pop up during F&W-you could almost set your watch to it.
For me, the only alcohol I’ve ever had at WDW was the Dole Whip and rum at Tamu Tamu in DAK-and it was only one each day at DAK. Removing alcohol wouldn’t affect me much, TBH.

Lilofan

I love how multiple “alcohol at WDW” threads always pop up during F&W-you could almost set your watch to it.
I am a believer that some are on a mission to drink to excess. That line " what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" just substitute the Vegas wording.. I've seen in the past 10 years, 2 cars on 2 different occasions late night leave the main road at the park and resting in the trees rounding a sharp curve. Ambulance vehicles already at the scene.

OneofThree

Great question.

I love single malt, and partake regularly. That said, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if WDW went dry. In fact, it's a bit more strange to consider that some would be bothered by it. If we believe that WDW is all that we (as a WDW enthusiast community) say that it is, the idea that alcohol is such a key element to the experience definitely raises an eyebrow.

Never happen. The markup on wine alone is staggering. My wife tried a glass of $50 Riesling at a signature restaurant and loved it. I later saw it in the liquor store and picked up a bottle for $14. Total cash cow.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom