What if Disney brought back Alien Encounter?

WDWparadetech1

Original Poster
What if Disney brought back Alien Encounter to the MK.:D Still Keeping Stitche's Great Escape, just add a new building where the Chairlift ride used to be( cant remember the name of it).

I know there are tons of guests out there that want it to be back in the park.

So give me your thoughts on this.

I think the reasoning that AE was to scary, and didn't really fit the "family" atmosphere of WDW, is correct.

Stitch is fun, still kinda scary (atleast a little), and much more family oriented than AE ever was.

also, if they brought it back, then there would be 2 rides that were almost identical, and that would be a waste of space

Chape19714

How about they put it at MGM Studios where it should have gone in the 1st place?

I don't think it will ever come back, but you can still play invasion! at DisneyQuest!

yes I know that there are rides that are almost the same, but the theme and story are different

2 rides where aliens escape from a tube transporter thing, and run amock in a circular room, breathing and spitting on people, would be to close to identical for WDW

i dont see that ever happening since they took it out for a reason, but i understand that this is a WHAT IF thread, so id say rather than building a new building, they could just take one of the theaters and put it back to AE. they could just make two lines. i mean essentially the preshow with teleporting demo is the same. they could alternate which intro to play depending on where the group was going. i mean if they could make a tame and intense version of M:S, im sure they could work this out too. they could even go back to calling it alien encounter since stitch is an alien and you are certainly encountering him.

ddbutts1

Who said that Alien Encounter went completely away? There are two theaters, has anyone been in the second theater since the rehab, I haven't.
They could still run the original in one and Stitch in the other.

WDWparadetech1

Original Poster
ddbutts1 said:
Who said that Alien Encounter went completely away? There are two theaters, has anyone been in the second theater since the rehab, I haven't.
They could still run the original in one and Stitch in the other.

Now that would be nice. See tha reason i want it to come back is i never rode it when it was in operation. I never had the time to.

Does anyone know the reason why the took it out in the first place?

WDWparadetech1 said:
Now that would be nice. See tha reason i want it to come back is i never rode it when it was in operation. I never had the time to.

from what i understand, i beleive it was because disney was getting a LOT of complaints about it on a daily basis, and it was becoming less and less crowded (some might argue this, but thats what i heard) and then im sure that disney was looking for a way to bring stitch to the park and they figure this was the best way.

dave2822

WDWparadetech1 said:

1. Complaints. Though the warnings indicated it was an intense attraction, the fact is not many pay attention to warnings. Guests complained about the intensity of the attraction, the non-Disney plot and ending, and that it wasn't familt oriented.

2. Stitch's popularity, and the fact that it tied in pretty well with MK and Tomorrowland. Think how Countdown to Extinction gelled to fit into Dinosaur, and its a similar principle, though admittedly there was much more work to change AE into Stitch.

3. AE had little to do with anything else with Disney culture. Especially at MK, most attractions seriously tie in with Disney movies, shows, or Disney past.

However, take comfort in knowing that Stitch may not be "permanent," but then again, nothing is. AE certainly isn't coming back soon though, I wouldn't imagine.

LilRoo714

I just don't see Disney taking something out, spending lots of money to create something new and then spending even more money than it probably cost to originally make a certain ride, just to put it right back in again :brick:

a2grafix

Would be great because I didn't get to experience it. The last time I was at WDW was in August 1993, and Mission To Mars was still around.

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
It was a failed concept for whatever reason...

I've got a few ideas :lol:

Seriously, no need to bring it back to Tomorrowland. Maybe something similar to it in the future when Disney is tried of their "MK is only for kids" kick and people are more willing to accept something different in the original park. But I wouldn't want AE back in the current Tomorrowland set up. It wouldn't feel right. I would post the reason why I feel that way, but it wouldn't come out right and would just make me look snobby about it.

Of course I wish it never had been taken out, but I also would be lying if I didn't mention how happy I am about the way the attraction has gained a bit of a "cult favorite" status among many Disney fans. Similar to Inner Space over at Disneyland. I'm at the point now where I'm just glad I was fortunate enough to see the show as many times as I did. And I'm definitely not in my 2003 mode of being upset and angry. I can just enjoy the good times and I look forward to hearing the annoucement of an SGE replacement in the future :animwink: :lol:

Pongo

Chape19714 said:
How about they put it at MGM Studios where it should have gone in the 1st place?

What? Where's the logic in that?

How does it POSSIBLY fit in with MGM's theme? Seriously.

hammysammy59

Alien Encounter is quite a bit more intense and darkly humorous, and that's the vibe I've always sort of gotten from MGM. What with Tower of Terror and the xenomorph from Alien dropping out of the ceiling on the Great Movie Ride.

Pongo

hammysammy59 said:
Alien Encounter is quite a bit more intense and darkly humorous, and that's the vibe I've always sort of gotten from MGM. What with Tower of Terror and the xenomorph from Alien dropping out of the ceiling on the Great Movie Ride.

But AE has nothing to do with movies, television, music, or theater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom