what if Aerosmith left RNRC

obviously everybody has there own opinion but pick from the most picked

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cmatt

COOLKID007 said:
Slipknot, way too Xtreme for WDW. I'd be alright with Metallica.

nile > slipknot - google those guys :king: i jest of course, my musical tastes would NEVER be catered for at disney world - ever - unless everyone turns into metal meat heads but that will NEVER happen either :lol:

universal on the other hand :sohappy:

disney_buc

i would never want disney to get rid of Aerosmith, but if they did my vote would be with Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band, or even Bon Jovi:king:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
mkt said:
Skynyrd!!
rob.... dont make me say it..... fine!

FREEBIRD!

Note: if you dont understand this joke, then attend any concert in alabama from the Alabama Symphony Orchestra to Iron Maiden and some dumb redneck will have to yell "Freebird" between songs. it is inevitable :rolleyes:

The Captain

KISS is the only rock band on this listen to be around long enough to qualify. U2 are ya kindin me last time i check they werent a rock band. Chili Peppers are great but but dont have that multi generational following. Foo Fighters have only been around for 10 years so there to young and when was the last itme Van Halen was on tour last was 80s glam metal not rock and roll. Seeing how KISS was just on VH1s rock honors there stage show was no different from the 70s. They still blow s**t up and rock all night.

i know we are just saying who wed LIKE to see host the ride, but a lot of the bands weve listed (including myself) have deceased members, are broken up or just would probably never be asked to host a disney ride. rock and roll, is well... too rock and roll for disney, which is why aerosmith works so well. im not the biggest aerosmith fan but i appreciate how well it works. i would imagine that in the future if they ever get rid or aerosmith (like if they died or something) they could easily turn it into something where they make it look like YOU are the band and youre rushing on your way to YOUR show. they could even throw in some cameos of famous people in the preshow like... bruce "i need more cowbell" dickinson (j/k). then as you race off to your show they can blast famous rock songs from a bunch of different bands. you could still edit the songs so that they match up with the ride,like creshendos during loops and stuff, and can transition between songs as if youre changing the radio station. they could even turn the beginning of the ride where they take your picture to make them look like paparazzi cameras flashing at you since ure the rock star. with abc's rip-off of american idol coming up, they could even do a tie-in with that if it ends up being successful, maybe having the winner be the star. hopefully not though since im not a fan of american idol and im sure i wont be a fan of abc's version. anyway those are just some ideas i think would work

wdwishes2005

yoda_5729 said:
I may be mistaken....but wasn't the track for the rock n` roller coaster designed to match up with those specific songs.....I know the vehicles all have five different tracks....but isn't the musical track somhow coordinated with the way the track changes from turns and corkscrews and all that? Just wondering :wave:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>History: </TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>To see the track layout inside the building, check out "Xpress" at Walibi World, a nearly identical ride built outdoors.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
From RCDB

riguitargod

It is idenctical, but it was built after. They had to widen some of the track, because the car goes faster without speakers built in... So that doesn't mean it wasn't designed for the songs.

However, I don't think it was designed for the songs. The songs have editing in them to make them fit the coaster.

Senderella

Ok, supposing Aerosmith's contract ran out w/ R&RC..what band to replace them?

I've seen a lot of problems with a lot of bands listed (granted everyone's listing off their fave bands which is cool. if that were basis alone for me, rework it to be Black Label Society, ZZ Top, Pantera or Black Sabbath :lol: )..but my observations are:

U2 is too... you don't get that exhiliterated feeling from their music as you do w/ Aerosmith. U2 is kind of touchy feely (with the exception of a few songs) and not in that rocker kind of way :p

Skynyrd would be awesome (oh man... rollercoaster set to freebird or simple man.. wow), but like someone said about Queen, RVZ is dead...

DMB.. what's exhilerating about them? How could they translate into a R&RC type of ride? Personally, I'm not seeing it because there's no edge there.

Sticking with the rock theme (which is good since that's what I know) and thinking of bands that could be "Disney friendly" and have enough songs to choose from...

I'd say Black Sabbath because there's a ton of songs to choose from (and ya, you could even dig into Ozzy's career after BS), they've been around forever, and it'd be kind of cool to "creep it out" since TOT is right next door.. Creepy Tower..Creepy Rollercoaster...it works together. You CAN find some Disney friendly (enough) songs if you dug deep enough. I mean if you think about it.. how Disney is "Love in an Elevator"? "oooh.. hello Mr Tyler... going... dowwwwwwn" :hammer:

KISS would be another good option. Love em or hate em, they do fall into that category (the things I listed above). Lots of great music to pick from... still making their presence known... they've been around forever...tons of songs to pick from.

Van Halen could be cool, but you've got that Van HALEN or Van HAGAR discrepency (I probably butchered that spelling)

Motley Crue could be cool.. especially since they're out again with the Carnival of Sins Tour. Lots of songs to choose from...nobody's dead... the band is cooperating and still together (unlike GNR which would ROCK.. but you've got the battle of Axl's ego with the rest of the band's.. hence Velvet Revolver and Axl doing his own GNR thing with a bunch of other dudes).

My .02 on the matter =o)

wdwishes2005

Senderella said:
Ok, supposing Aerosmith's contract ran out w/ R&RC..what band to replace them?

I've seen a lot of problems with a lot of bands listed (granted everyone's listing off their fave bands which is cool. if that were basis alone for me, rework it to be Black Label Society, ZZ Top, Pantera or Black Sabbath :lol: )..but my observations are:

U2 is too... you don't get that exhiliterated feeling from their music as you do w/ Aerosmith. U2 is kind of touchy feely (with the exception of a few songs) and not in that rocker kind of way :p

Skynyrd would be awesome (oh man... rollercoaster set to freebird or simple man.. wow), but like someone said about Queen, RVZ is dead...

DMB.. what's exhilerating about them? How could they translate into a R&RC type of ride? Personally, I'm not seeing it because there's no edge there.

Sticking with the rock theme (which is good since that's what I know) and thinking of bands that could be "Disney friendly" and have enough songs to choose from...

I'd say Black Sabbath because there's a ton of songs to choose from (and ya, you could even dig into Ozzy's career after BS), they've been around forever, and it'd be kind of cool to "creep it out" since TOT is right next door.. Creepy Tower..Creepy Rollercoaster...it works together. You CAN find some Disney friendly (enough) songs if you dug deep enough. I mean if you think about it.. how Disney is "Love in an Elevator"? "oooh.. hello Mr Tyler... going... dowwwwwwn" :hammer:

KISS would be another good option. Love em or hate em, they do fall into that category (the things I listed above). Lots of great music to pick from... still making their presence known... they've been around forever...tons of songs to pick from.

Van Halen could be cool, but you've got that Van HALEN or Van HAGAR discrepency (I probably butchered that spelling)

Motley Crue could be cool.. especially since they're out again with the Carnival of Sins Tour. Lots of songs to choose from...nobody's dead... the band is cooperating and still together (unlike GNR which would ROCK.. but you've got the battle of Axl's ego with the rest of the band's.. hence Velvet Revolver and Axl doing his own GNR thing with a bunch of other dudes).

My .02 on the matter =o)
it's "love on a rollercoaster"

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
How about Kansas.... nothing quite like listening to Carry on my Wayward Son while spinning around... and around

Frumpy

Metallica would rock....
The intro to S&M in the Q
Ecstacy of gold
Call of the Ktulu
The Thing That Should Not Be
Fuel

Put up some mist and trees for Of Wolf and Man

what?

it's 6/6/06

gatherroundthecaldron:eek:

Beach Place this weekend :slurp:

Epcot82Guy

My initial thought on Dave was no way... but then I thought...
Two Step. Imagine that guitar intro as you round the corner and then show the screen on the chords, and blast with the music. THAT would be pretty darn cool. But, I don't know if he has 3 or 4 that work that well.

I personally think Aerosmith was an outstanding choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom