What if a character has to sneeze/cough?

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
This thought crossed my mind this morning...what if a CM who is "good friends" with say, Mickey or Goofy has to cough or sneeze while they are interacting with guests?

Rachael83

They just make it a part of their character! Try to turn around if they can, definitely cover 'their mouth', and hope there is an attentive attendant or guest that can make up a quick story about how Chip has a cold or his allergies are bothering him today!

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
They just make it a part of their character! Try to turn around if they can, definitely cover 'their mouth', and hope there is an attentive attendant or guest that can make up a quick story about how Chip has a cold or his allergies are bothering him today!

That's how I imagine it goes down, but it strikes me as odd that they'd be making an audible sound, whereas they normally wouldn't. I was wondering if there was some sort of official way that the characters/attendants handle this.

Cmdr_Crimson

They just say bless you like any normal person would say as this video demonstrates..Check at the 25 second mark.
[youtube]N9FJPEvLz6g[/youtube]

mikeymouse

hahahaha thats awesome. I assume they couldn't have a guy play Minnie and most guys don't sneeze very quietly like that.

EXT

Sneezing inside a cartoon head

I can imagine if the person wearing a cartoon head gets a runny nose or some good sneezes, it could get very messy inside there. With no way to wipe your nose nor its discharges, it could become quite disgusting inside the head. I hope someone else wouldn't have to wear it afterward. Even spraying with a sanitizer, it would be gross to put it on and wear it for several hours.

Tom

Beta Return
I can imagine if the person wearing a cartoon head gets a runny nose or some good sneezes, it could get very messy inside there. With no way to wipe your nose nor its discharges, it could become quite disgusting inside the head. I hope someone else wouldn't have to wear it afterward. Even spraying with a sanitizer, it would be gross to put it on and wear it for several hours.

CMs wear these heavy fur costumes when it's 100 degrees and 100% humidity in central florida.....they're already nasty :)

Walt Disney1955

The CMs cover it up somehow. Who knows maybe they pretend its them coughing? I would assume a cast member with a bad cold doesn't go in the costume that day. Adults will get it if they sneeze. Young kids can be fooled. If you can get them to believe in Santa until they are 8-9 years old I think you can whip up some excuse for a cough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom