What If… Season 2 [HYPE THREAD]

cdunlap

I have acquired a synth!
IMG_4774.jpeg

WaltWiz1901

In light of this terrible news, I'll go ahead and do a Question of the Day. How would YOU solve Disney's Fastpass problem? Bring it back to the original system? Make it premium only ala Universal's Express Pass? Do away with it entirely for the sake of making the standby lines actually manageable? Let's hear some ideas!
Because they realistically wouldn't get rid of any sort of line-skipping system, replace the entire system (whatever it's called...the nomenclature changes so fast) with something like the international parks' Premier Access or the above-mentioned Express Pass: guests can skip the line for select popular or major attractions for a fee not too low as to entice too many people into clogging the additional line, but not too high as to ward off everyone from using it.

And by the way, for WDW specifically, not near everything with a moving vehicle has to have both a standby and a FastPass+/Lightning Lane line. Omnimovers, high-capacity boat rides, simple dark rides, flat rides...none of these should necessarily even be on such a service or demand insane wait times

cdunlap

Question of the Day: Besides Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion, which Disney attraction would make the best setting for a horror movie?
For whatever reason, I'd say that the Indiana Jones attractions would make good Horror Film settings, especially the Tokyo one due to its Mesoamerican theme.

TheOriginalTiki

Question of the Day: What's the craziest dream you've ever had about a Disney park?

Specifically asking because I literally just woke up from one haha. I was trying to meet @MANEATINGWREATH at Disneyland's Main Street. I texted him where I was and popped into the bathroom that's on the side of the opera house before he arrived. When I got out I found myself in this really dingy looking hallway with several doors. I try going out one door and see Avengers Campus literally being swarmed by an army of people in Spider-Man costumes. I go through another door and suddenly I find myself in DCA circa the mid 2000s. Only this is a much more elaborate, clearly higher budgeted, larger scale alternate DCA where it's pretty much all the same stuff just built on a way grander scale. Grizzly Peak is even bigger than Everest, stuff like that.

So I start panicking because I'm still trying to meet up with MEW, and I start experiencing that freaky sensation in dreams where you're trying to either text or make a call on your phone and no matter how hard you try you just keep messing it up. I vividly remember buying a hotdog and trying to spell out "I'm at DCA" in ketchup on the bun so I could just send him a picture of that instead of having to actually type in the text. What's even weirder is that the reason we were meeting up in the first place is that there was a vlogger in the park who was running around screaming that the Armchair Imagineering community was secretly a cult and so we were planning on tracking the guy down and confronting him while he was live streaming. Just an all around baffling, wild dream haha.

I also remember Main Street randomly being covered ala Tokyo and just not thinking anything of it :p

cdunlap

Question of the Day: What's the craziest dream you've ever had about a Disney park?
I had one about a park called IslandCOT opening in 2025. It was basically a dystopian EPCOT on a remote man-made island off California. The only way to access IslandCOT was by a guest-powered raft. It had the following pavilions.

Italy Pavilion was a walkthrough that was extremely dark and depressing. Guests enter through the Milan Cathedral and see scenes of Poveglia, an island/abandoned mental hospital near Venice where lots of bad things happened, Cremona, a city frequented by both famous composers and, for whatever reason, the Devil, scientist Ettore Majorana’s disappearance, and Fascist Italy. There was also a Stradivarius Violin Shop.

France Pavilion was literally Paris, as in Disney literally moved all of Paris to this island.

America Pavilion was literally Baltimore, Maryland, as in actual Baltimore moved to the island. They turned the whole city into an Edgar Allan Poe walkthrough.

Seychelles Pavilion (Seychelles is an island nation in Africa) was an outdoor pirate ride with scenes from Pirates Of The Caribbean (The films) mixed with original scenes about French pirate La Buse, whose treasure is said to be located in Seychelles.

The Netherlands Pavilion was a field of tulips with several windmills in the background. That was literally the whole pavilion.

Japan Pavilion was a neon lit Tokyo street lined with all kinds of shops.

Mexico Pavilion was the entire Museum Of Anthropology from Mexico City, as in it was brought over entirely by Imagineering.

China Pavilion was a PF Changs built like it was in the Forbidden City.

India Pavilion was an elephant enclosure, a tiger enclosure, and a peafowl enclosure.

Peru Pavilion was the Nazca Lines, which were brought over to the island from Peru, which can only be seen from the sky.

cdunlap

I had one about a park called IslandCOT opening in 2025. It was basically a dystopian EPCOT on a remote man-made island off California. The only way to access IslandCOT was by a guest-powered raft. It had the following pavilions.

Italy Pavilion was a walkthrough that was extremely dark and depressing. Guests enter through the Milan Cathedral and see scenes of Poveglia, an island/abandoned mental hospital near Venice where lots of bad things happened, Cremona, a city frequented by both famous composers and, for whatever reason, the Devil, scientist Ettore Majorana’s disappearance, and Fascist Italy. There was also a Stradivarius Violin Shop.

France Pavilion was literally Paris, as in Disney literally moved all of Paris to this island.

America Pavilion was literally Baltimore, Maryland, as in actual Baltimore moved to the island. They turned the whole city into an Edgar Allan Poe walkthrough.

Seychelles Pavilion (Seychelles is an island nation in Africa) was an outdoor pirate ride with scenes from Pirates Of The Caribbean (The films) mixed with original scenes about French pirate La Buse, whose treasure is said to be located in Seychelles.

The Netherlands Pavilion was a field of tulips with several windmills in the background. That was literally the whole pavilion.

Japan Pavilion was a neon lit Tokyo street lined with all kinds of shops.

Mexico Pavilion was the entire Museum Of Anthropology from Mexico City, as in it was brought over entirely by Imagineering.

China Pavilion was a PF Changs built like it was in the Forbidden City.

India Pavilion was an elephant enclosure, a tiger enclosure, and a peafowl enclosure.

Peru Pavilion was the Nazca Lines, which were brought over to the island from Peru, which can only be seen from the sky.
BTW, I had this dream during the SA8 finale. I only remember this because I was going to tell y'all about it, but I forgot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom