Indiana Jones Expansion

cdunlap

Original Poster
This is an expansion for DHS near the stunt show. The main attraction is Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple Of The Triad. This ride is a mine cart dark ride through an ancient Egyptian temple that is indoors from start to finish, using projection mapping, sophisticated animatronics like Kylo and The Shaman, dramatic lighting, realistic sounds, and a roller coaster styled finale to make this the most compelling, thrilling, memorable, immersive, and convincing ride in the Indiana Jones Adventure Series, taking guests into an ancient Egyptian temple, then proceeding to immerse guests in the world of Egyptian mythology! The year is 1937, one year after Dr. Jones excavated the Ark of the Covenant. Now, he is back in Egypt to investigate strange phenomena in a recently discovered temple that sank under the Nile centuries ago. It has been brought to dry land by a team of archaeologists. Indy and Sallah collaborated to find the source of the phenomena, only to learn that the researchers were short staffed. Indy decided to run tours of what he thought was a safe ruin in order to raise money. So, he laid mine cart tracks down in the temple, only to mysteriously vanish in the unexplored third chamber. He would soon find his way back and begin leading tours himself. Guests wander through the expedition's camp, where artifacts can be seen. The guests enter the algae covered temple with water cascading down the walls, surrounded by statues of pharaohs, gods, and sphinxes that have recently been pulled out of the Nile alongside the temple and queue through dimly lit passages, dripping with water and lined with faded murals and hieroglyphic writing with a common theme: Beware Of The God Set. Guests enter a preshow narrated by Sallah that goes through safety procedures then load their mine carts in a courtyard and ride down the first corridor where Indiana greets them, saying “Tourists! Of course! Beware of Set! I'll be following you to protect you from danger, OK?” Guests then enter a chamber devoted to Isis: Goddess of Magic! Guests see a beautiful woman tangled in linens, a magic loom weaving more and more fabric around her. A man with the head of an ibis comes to her and cuts the linens. "Isis! You must go! Set must not find out about your son." "Where am I to go?" Isis asks. "Anywhere you may hide," the man answers her. "These seven scorpions will protect you." The man waves his hand and seven giant scorpions appear out of the sand. "They are Tefen, Masetetef, Petet, Tjetet, Matet, Mesetet and Befen." The scorpions bow to Isis. "I will disguise myself so neither Set, nor anyone else, will recognize me," Isis says. She waves a hand and turns into an old beggar woman. Soon, guests are surrounded by seven giant scorpions intending to sting them when Indiana Jones shows up and whips them! Guests are shown a discombobulating image of Isis, as she narrates “Names have power, as I learned from my father Ra.” Guests then enter Thoth: God of Knowledge's chamber. They see a golden man sitting on a golden throne. Well, he's kind of a man. He has the head of a falcon. He wears a large crown in the shape of a disc, and he seems to glow. "I must have it back!" he says. "You mean you must have her back?" a bird-headed man asks, appearing at the foot of the throne. It's then that you realize how massive the throne, and the man sitting in it, truly is. The bird brain only comes to the golden man's knees. "What's the difference?" asks the king. "Find my daughter, the all-seeing eye! Bring her back to me." The king waves his hand, and the images scatter like sand in the wind. Next, guests see a beautiful woman sitting by a river. In her hands she holds a glowing gold orb. It seems to be looking at guests. The bird-headed guy starts to sneak up on her. "Hello, Thoth," she says, having none of it."Hello, Ma'at," Thoth answers, not seeming surprised at having been found out. "You've come to force me to go back to my father?" Ma'at asks. "No," Thoth replies. "I've come to convince you to come home." With this, Thoth sits beside the goddess and the two talk. In the end, Ma'at hands over the orb and returns with Thoth to the king, her father, who glows like the sun. Thoth then sees guests and says, “My head is an ibis, yet sometimes I am a baboon!” Guests speed past a Magic abacus with self moving beads and some flowers in ancient vases that are somehow still alive after all the centuries have passed. Guests enter the third chamber, devoted once to Osiris: God Of Death, The Underworld, and Fertility of Crops, now it has been corrupted into a netherworld ruled by Set: God Of Chaos, Storms, and an overall villain. Indy shows up and shouts, “Oh no! Do not go in there! I repeat, DO NOT GO IN THERE!” Guests stop at a party. People in animal masks of various shapes and sizes dance and feast. As one of them gets close to them, they realize that the revealers aren't wearing masks, after all. The animal heads are their actual heads. This is a party of the ancient Egyptian gods! A man with the head of a dog sits at a long table, watching the festivities. His dark eyes watch one guest in particular, a green man dressed in white, with a white and gold crown on his head. Unlike the others, this one has a human head. The dog-headed host stands and calls for attention. "Friends! I have a special surprise for you!" He waves his hands, beckoning two servants to come into the scene carrying a beautiful gold box between them. The crowd erupts into oohs and ahhs. "Whoever fits into this box the most perfectly will get to take it home!" The guests seem pleased, excited, even. The box is beautifully decorated with gems and wonderfully carved. It is a very fine prize. They line up to try for it. When the first person tries to climb in, it hits guests; it's a sarcophagus! A beautiful, golden coffin. No one can fit into the box. It's like Cinderella's slipper. Then the man in the white and gold crown steps up. He fits perfectly. "Well done, Osiris! You win!" The dog-headed man slams the sarcophagus lid down on top of the coffin with a bang, trapping Osiris inside. The image fades into darkness, and guests find that they can finally move. Carts start to leave, but the dog-headed god appears in their path, a dark smile stretched across his face. Still sneering at guests, he asks, "What should I do with my brother's sarcophagus? Oh, I know! I shall throw his body into the Nile, lock his crown in a cavern, and hide his coffin in a tree! HA HA! HOW WICKED!” Soon, Set is in front of a table with three vials of liquid sitting on top of it. The bottles are identical, but the liquids inside are not. One is clear, to the point where he's almost unsure there's anything actually in it. One is black, and the last is gold. Set soon tries to force guests to drink the three liquids, which he says burn the throat! Suddenly, Indy shows up and says “Set, you will never win!” Set just chuckles and summons a giant snake made entirely of hedges, scaring Indy into a dark pit that we follow him into! Mine carts drop down into the underworld! Soon, guests see a set of 2 pan balances with a heart and a feather on each! One has a heavier heart that causes a crocodile headed lion named Ammit to jump out and roar! Another heart is lighter, causing a heavenly light. Guests pass by the four canopic jars before guests are lead out by the four sons of Horus. They are Imsety, the human, Hapy, the baboon, Duamatef, the jackal, and Qebehsenuf, the falcon. Guests then rush through caverns, encountering Set, Ammit, an armada of mummy archers on chariots, flesh eating scarabs, a werejackal, a giant crocodile, a hippopotamus, the seven giant scorpions of Isis, and the giant hedge snake. Indy reunites with guests on a rope as a boulder rolls down the cave, causing walls to move backwards to simulate backing up! Guests make a sharp right, go on a thrilling mine cart ride in the style of Temple Of Doom through a cavern with pits of magma that leads out of the underworld with the white crown of Osiris locked within, unload in the courtyard, and exit the temple through a chamber behind a waterfall. In the surrounding area, three other buildings stand. One is a large arena for the stunt show and another is a beautiful Mughal palace. This is the Pankot Palace. Pankot Palace holds a unique dining experience, with a Guardian Of Tradition Menu mixing authentic Hindi dishes with edible insect based meals (Vegans/Vegetarians can opt for a more authentic menu skipping the insect). Guests dine in a replica of the dining room in the film, being entertained by Indian folk dancers and folk musicians playing Tabla, Sitar, Veena, Bhansuri, and even more! Guests can also opt to dine under the palace in the lava filled caverns where the Temple Of Doom once stood. The third structure is a replica of Petra. Within it, Journey To The Grail stands. This is an Indiana Jones themed obstacle course with rope bridges over “Spike Pits”, rope swings over a ravine holding “Rats”, climbing nets themed to spider webs, rock slides, rings themed to artifacts, and hurdles themed to rocks. The exit is a room with several golden goblets with images below. Each image is duplicated and hidden under a goblet in a memory game played with a CM dressed as a Knight.

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

a mine cart dark ride through an ancient Egyptian temple that is indoors from start to finish, using projection mapping, sophisticated animatronics like Kylo and The Shaman, dramatic lighting, realistic sounds, and a roller coaster styled finale to make this the most compelling, thrilling, memorable, immersive, and convincing ride in the Indiana Jones Adventure Series
Sounds like the best ride system ever!

cdunlap

Original Poster
AMAZING! Would the ride have a scene based on the heart-removing ritual from the Temple of Doom movie?
The ride has a scene involving human hearts, but they are presumably from already deceased individuals due to the context of the Egyptian myth about weighing hearts. Also, hearts were not sacrificed in Ancient Egypt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom